THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

A daily routine to significantly reduce bad breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
KingJames
Total Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:11 am

A daily routine to significantly reduce bad breath

Post by KingJames »

Hello everyone, before I tell tell you my daily routine I'd just like to let you know that I do not visit this site often so I probably will not be answering any questions so I'll try to tell you as much detail as I can. First off, I've had chronic bb from a young age but never really noticed it til i got into my mid-late teens (I'm now in my early twenties). I've tried a couple of things that I've read on this site and nothing has ever worked. But for the past month I've tried my own little remedy that seems to work for me at least and hopefully it will help for you. So here it goes...

All the items I use are: An oral b electric toothbrush, baking soda (not to rinse, read on further to see how i use it), crest pro health mouthwash (blue), crest pro health toothpaste (the blue one), a tongue scraper and lastly dental floss.

I carry out the following routine once in the morning when I wake up and once at night before bedtime.

1. Scrape my tongue with the tongue scraper
2. brush for about 3-4 minutes with the electric brush and crest pro health toothpaste
3. I scrape my tongue once more
4. (MOST IMPORTANT) Instead of rinsing and gargling with baking soda like most people have been doing, I sprinkle baking soda onto my tooth brush and then brush my tongue thoroughly for at least 30 seconds with the baking soda.
5. I then rinse and gargle with the crest pro health mouthwash for around 30 seconds.
6. After spitting out the mouthwash I then brush the left over remnants into my tongue with the toothbrush (as I did with the baking soda)
7. (ONLY BEFORE BEDTIME) floss

Like I've said earlier this routine has significantly helped my bb in the past month and I'm certain it should continue to help. I believe that simply rinsing with baking soda and/or mouthwash did not clean the tongue as well as it could have and by brushing the baking soda into the tongue it improves baking soda's as well as the mouthwash's bb fighting ability. Also try to get as far back with the brush and baking soda as you can. Finally, a last thing I should note is that I have also been taking a multivitamin (Life brand) daily. I'm not sure if this has had a significant role in my reduction of bb but even it if hasn't I would still recommend you all to take a daily multivitamin lol Anyways, I hope this post can be of help for you guys. All the best.
clara0
Master
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by clara0 »

I used to brush my teeth with baking soda but after a while my teeth became so sensitive and my gum red and painful. I really dont recommend it at all to people with sensitive teeth.
KingJames
Total Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:11 am

Post by KingJames »

I never said that I brush my teeth with baking soda...brush the surface of the tongue with the baking soda for around 30 seconds...use mouthwash...then brush the tongue with the left over mouthwash for another 30 seconds.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗