Bacteria themselves can be antibacterial, that's the whole basis of the Bliss-K12 system for the mouth. Maybe the reason why the the microbial flora of certain people results in the production of excessive amounts of odour is all due to whether they happen to have enough of the kinds of bacteria which produce the Bacteriocins and the Lantibiotics etc which keep overall bacterial activity down in BB-free people.Phantasist wrote:I have been taking probiotics for three years, so I know a little bit about that. Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that are supposed to be in your intestines. If you have too much of the wrong kind of bacteria in your intestines, probiotics can help. But since probiotics are bacteria, they cannot be antibacterial
@twix, do you still regularly use hydrogen peroxide? Lots of people get temporarily "cured" using hydrogen peroxide, so if you are still using this then your cure might purely be down to this fact. Also, if you are only using powders and chewable probiotics then they are not likely to be having any effect in your gut because they're not likely to survive past your stomach acid, so if they are having any effect at all it's likely to be because of the effect on your oral microbial flora. Probiotics improved my BB and that was while I had a constant discharge coming out of my gum, so I can completely believe that the right probiotics for the right type of person can work.
