THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Trying out metronizadole..

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sdobrev
Total Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:54 am

Trying out metronizadole..

Post by sdobrev »

Hey guys, I finally decided to consult my doctor.
He prescribed me levoquin which is this supposedly poweful drug and I read online its used to treat anthrax!!
It stimulated a nice flow of saliva the first nightand bb went away for that one night but after that, it didnt help. It did however, ease the bloatedness I get. I didnt get negative side effects.

So I said I wanted to try flagyl and he wrote me script for flagyl.
When I got the prescription filled, I got this generic version called
"Pliva" and it was the equivalent of 250mg pill of the brand Flagyl.

If anyone has tried metronizadole, did you try the generic or brand name? And what was the dosage you took daily? I read somewhere that the brand name is superior and thats the one is most capable of curing bb.

I dont know, Im hoping that Pliva is equivalent in effectiveness cause I dont want to have crossed it off if it doesnt work and wondering if it couldve worked if it were the brand name.
smellslikedodo
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by smellslikedodo »

Your so lucky you got a doc who will give you whatever you ask for.

I went to two docs now (one regular and one ENT), and both of them thinks my bb is all in my head. Both of them suggested I see a shrink for some kind of phobia disorder. Morons if you ask me. They aren't with me 24/7 and clearly cannot see how people around me react to my horrible breath. I wonder if they'd say the same thing if they saw all the people covering their nose, backing away, or turning their head when i'm around.

Needless to say those idiots aren't prescribing me a damn thing. :x
sdobrev
Total Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:54 am

Post by sdobrev »

im sorry to hear you got one of those docs that think its in your head.
I feel kinda stupid though cause he gave me 10 days for levoquin and I only did like 4 days before I quit cause I was annoyed it didnt work for those days. Now that I have metronizadole, (its been the 3rd day) it hasnt worked yet but Im going to try it for the full 14 days. If not, Im gonna consult an ENT and get a CT scan.

Keep searching for a good doc and dont give up trying!
smellslikedodo
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by smellslikedodo »

Thanks man. Yeah i'm hoping I can find a doc who isn't a complete tool.

Good luck with the metronidazole. I read on this forum somewhere ur supposed to take probiotics while ur takin that stuff. Are you doing that to? I've been thinking I should try it. Might as well cuz anythings better than livin with this shit bb.

Thanks for the "don't give up trying" pep talk, but it's gettin expensive going from doc to doc with absolutely no help. Don't have health insurance at the moment so can't really afford to throw away money on someone who's gonna tell me i'm nuts and to see a shrink. I'm half tempted to just try and find some online, but i'm scared as hell to try that...

No idea what to try next. Let us know how it works for you though. Maybe if you have success i'll just have to go that route.
sdobrev
Total Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:54 am

Post by sdobrev »

Tomorrow will be my 5th day on metronidazole and it hasnt improved the bb. At this point Im still crossing my fingers and hoping it'll kick in at sometime but Im also glad it hasnt made it worst like Ive read for some ppl. Honestly, I think levoquin helped me more than this has for the 4 days I had taken it. Im kicking myself for not finishing the full course cause I was discouraged.

PLEASE do NOT buy metronidazole or any other med online cause its super risky and not worth it. Pliva is the non-brand version of flagyl and I got more than 14 days worth of metronizadole for less $5 bucks. It was $10 but my insurance covered half. That keeptrying guy was ripping ppl since i think he charged like $50?? Unless it was the Flagyl brand which Im not sure what that costs..

Im starting to think since levoquin worked better, my issue might be in the sinuses somewhere. I also think if its a sinus issue, it might be easier to find a cure than if its originating from the stomach.

After my 14 days are up and it hasnt helped, I can send you 6 days worth of metronizadole if you wanna try it. I wont charge you a single penny. We're here to help each other out. It would make me happy if you found your cure in it even if I hadnt.
smellslikedodo
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by smellslikedodo »

Normally i'd agree with you man about it not being worth ordering drugs online, but wtf else are we supposed to do when doctors won't help us? My doctors think i'm imagining it, and I can't keep throwing money away hoping i'll get one who will give me whatever I ask for.

I read some posts by the keeptrying dude. Seemed like he was legit. I didn't get a scammy type feel from what he wrote about. But who knows, never chatted with him personally and seems like he disappeared from the forum. Anyone know how to get in touch with him? I'd like to chat and see what I can make of him.

Thanks for the offer for sending me your leftover metronidazole. I read on here you gotta take it for awhile though. I don't wanna mess it up if I take it for to short a time. U think 6 days would be enough? I don't wanna develop some resistant bacteria or anything. But yeah if you'd send it i'd be ore than happy to accept it. :)
sdobrev
Total Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:54 am

Post by sdobrev »

So its my 7th day and Im not seeing improvements. I had more improvement with levoquin and Im sure my issue now is sinus since I often get headaches and vertigo especially when my head is tilted back. But I feel like not completing the 14 days and ending at this halfmark cause the side effects have started to kick in. I had the worst nausea Ive ever felt in my life but Im not sure if it was just girl issues. and it made my tongue kinda white and my tongue is usually a healthy pink.

What do you think? Should I just stick it out and try to finish the 14 days even though I havent seen any improvement?
Gooner
Junior
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 12:08 am

Post by Gooner »

I feel for you if its making you ill but I still think you should complete the 14 days. The last thing you want is to be risking the bacteria developing resistance.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗