THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
GUM DISEASE & NOSE ODOR
GUM DISEASE & NOSE ODOR
Does anyone know if gum disease causes nasal odor? I have really bad gum disease and wanted to know if it is linked or causing the odor in my nose. I also have chronic BB. Thanks.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
It probably depends on the level of disease and the types of gases being produced and their concentrations.
Generally speaking, if the odour really travels and lingers in the air from the odours coming from your mouth then any of this gas that passes into your throat and out through the nose will also travel and linger in the air. But if odours from the mouth are only detectable from close range then they probably wont be strong enough to come out through the nose.
Gases from your mouth might also condense inside your nasal passages/sinuses where the odour could build up into concentrated pools of odourous mucus or liquid and make the odour from the nose much worse than any odour coming from your mouth.
Generally speaking, if the odour really travels and lingers in the air from the odours coming from your mouth then any of this gas that passes into your throat and out through the nose will also travel and linger in the air. But if odours from the mouth are only detectable from close range then they probably wont be strong enough to come out through the nose.
Gases from your mouth might also condense inside your nasal passages/sinuses where the odour could build up into concentrated pools of odourous mucus or liquid and make the odour from the nose much worse than any odour coming from your mouth.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Yes Gum disease can cause nose odor
Yes. I had bad nose odor because of gum disease. Go to a periodontist. I got scraping and plaining done. It may be called something else now because that's been 15 years. After having it done I stopped having nasal odor. I still have bad breath but the nose odor is gone. My breath is bad but not like it was. I still see my periodontis and my regular dentist. So I hope you have dental insurance. Dentist think teens can't have gum disease but they can. My gums bleed bad when I was 14. They may know this now but in 1982 I don't think they did.
Re: GUM DISEASE & NOSE ODOR
what type of gum disease ? rotting gums ? swollen inflamed gums?...trenski wrote:Does anyone know if gum disease causes nasal odor? I have really bad gum disease and wanted to know if it is linked or causing the odor in my nose. I also have chronic BB. Thanks.
something good to know http://www.perio.org/consumer/mbc.heart.htm
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.