THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
salty taste in mouth from PND
salty taste in mouth from PND
Has anyone experienced a salty taste in the back of their mouth. I had sinus surgery and now I have a constant saltiness in my mouth. Its driving me crazy. Nothing tastes good especially sweet stuff. I wanted to know if there is a remedy for the salty taste. After the surgery I couldn't smell my breath odor even when I scrape my tongue and waited for it to dry. I think the germs from my nose are causing the salty sour taste. I just want my tastebuds back. If anyone has ant suggestions please share.
Re: salty taste in mouth from PND
what was the surgery ? I doubt there is anything wrong with your actually tastebuds . Keep in mind that part of taste Is smell. There could be healing sinus tissues causing the taste . If you had a breathing tube during the procedure that could have an effect. Ask the Dr or nurse , this could be common and normal . My PND actually Usually tastes a lttle saltyplumbum wrote:Has anyone experienced a salty taste in the back of their mouth. I had sinus surgery and now I have a constant saltiness in my mouth. Its driving me crazy. Nothing tastes good especially sweet stuff. I wanted to know if there is a remedy for the salty taste. After the surgery I couldn't smell my breath odor even when I scrape my tongue and waited for it to dry. I think the germs from my nose are causing the salty sour taste. I just want my tastebuds back. If anyone has ant suggestions please share.
I'm pretty much healed from th sinus surgery. I had chronic sinusitis. ENT opened up the ethmoid sinuses on the right side and enlarged the openings of my maxillary sinuses. That was back in March. Since then I have this awful taste. I've done irrigation which helps some. I have taken allergy meds trying to dry out my sinus. They help also but I can't completely rid myself of the salty taste. My dr doesn't know what else to do.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
This may sound stupid, but could it be your tears? tears are very salty tasting. Not sure how this could be connected to the operation you had, but it might be worth asking if there's the possibilty that it is connected in some way.
The operation might have done something to a tear gland or nerve in the area and you perhaps aren't aware that you are producing more tears but since tears drain into the nose you would certainly taste it if this were the case.
The operation might have done something to a tear gland or nerve in the area and you perhaps aren't aware that you are producing more tears but since tears drain into the nose you would certainly taste it if this were the case.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.