THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
How bad is your breath???
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
I believe you too hali_grl.. and I dont dispute that systemic odour problems can travel in this way and stink out an entire home.
I just have a certain opinion when it comes to relying on reactions of others, but then I never had systemic odours or odours coming from my nose, and I could clearly smell my own odour and knew it was mainly coming off my tongue. Systemic odours are a whole different thing, especially if you cant smell your own odour or when it's there or isnt.
I just have a certain opinion when it comes to relying on reactions of others, but then I never had systemic odours or odours coming from my nose, and I could clearly smell my own odour and knew it was mainly coming off my tongue. Systemic odours are a whole different thing, especially if you cant smell your own odour or when it's there or isnt.
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
Yes BB travels and it is really sad that this is happening to us, because we are human beings.
I really don't know anymore what is the cure. I just give up. If I open my mouth just a little bit, it travels so far, people just run away from me. They quickly pac up and leave the bar, restaurant.
When I am walking you can see people look at me nice from far away, but when the approach to like 4 or 5 meters, they just walk around me and get that serious face expression. And look away. Nobody ever talks to me, only if they need something like payment.......
This is a miserable life! I just can't beleive it! I am not sure how far I smell, but pretty far I think. Like 50 meters I think.
I really don't know anymore what is the cure. I just give up. If I open my mouth just a little bit, it travels so far, people just run away from me. They quickly pac up and leave the bar, restaurant.
When I am walking you can see people look at me nice from far away, but when the approach to like 4 or 5 meters, they just walk around me and get that serious face expression. And look away. Nobody ever talks to me, only if they need something like payment.......
This is a miserable life! I just can't beleive it! I am not sure how far I smell, but pretty far I think. Like 50 meters I think.
Jimi wrote:Yes BB travels and it is really sad that this is happening to us, because we are human beings.
I really don't know anymore what is the cure. I just give up. If I open my mouth just a little bit, it travels so far, people just run away from me. They quickly pac up and leave the bar, restaurant.
When I am walking you can see people look at me nice from far away, but when the approach to like 4 or 5 meters, they just walk around me and get that serious face expression. And look away. Nobody ever talks to me, only if they need something like payment.......
This is a miserable life! I just can't beleive it! I am not sure how far I smell, but pretty far I think. Like 50 meters I think.
I feel for you Jimi.. We need a charismatic BB spokesman to get popular on youtube and challenge some organization to invest money into university research and experiments.
Also, I don't doubt hali_grl's breath can travel to the next lane on the road... Often cars in the next lane are within reaching distance or just shy from it. My situation isn't as bad as that, but after doing active lessons with younger students, I've filled small classrooms. It's a good thing kids don't give as much of a damn.
-
Phantasist
- Sheriff
- Posts: 477
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm
It's fairly obvious to me that all of us are suffering from a medical problem that the stupid doctors know nothing about. It is most likely a few different problems located in the sinuses, throat or intestines. It is also fairly clear that without resolving the underlying problem, the breath odor will not go away and the best we can do is suppress it temporarily.
I still say that in most cases the tongue coating has a lot to do with it because it forms a protective layer for the anaerobic bacteria on the tongue surface. This means that the antibacterial substances in the saliva do not come in direct contact with the anaerobes, and therefore they proliferate. But the tongue coating is a symptom of something wrong in our bodies. So the trick is to find out what is causing the coating, and even Aydin Murat, the microbiologist in Turkey never seemed to have an answer for that.
I still say that in most cases the tongue coating has a lot to do with it because it forms a protective layer for the anaerobic bacteria on the tongue surface. This means that the antibacterial substances in the saliva do not come in direct contact with the anaerobes, and therefore they proliferate. But the tongue coating is a symptom of something wrong in our bodies. So the trick is to find out what is causing the coating, and even Aydin Murat, the microbiologist in Turkey never seemed to have an answer for that.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
-
Phantasist
- Sheriff
- Posts: 477
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm
Jimi,
I find it hard to believe that a breath odor can travel 50 meters (over 150 feet). I have never smelled that kind of bad breath from anybody, but I could be wrong.
From all your posts I know that your story is one of the most gut-wrenching ones on the forum, and it makes me feel terrible because it is much worse than my own story, which I thought was bad enough. I cannot offer you a cure - without knowing the underlying cause we're out of luck - but I can offer you a stop-gap measure which helps me:
I am not enamored of Dr. Katz's products because I tried his whole regimen several years ago and it didn't work for me. However, two of his products seem to greatly diminish my bad breath for several hours.
After regular brushing I scrape my tongue with a copper tongue scraper which is U-shaped and can reach pretty far back. Then I brush my tongue (as far back as possible) with TheraBreath Plus toothpaste with OXYD-8 and Zinc Rx and then rinse with TheraBreath Plus Oral Rinse with OXYD-8 and Zinc Rx. This is not a cure for bad breath because the tongue coating always comes back within a few hours, but it is a great help to me in most situations. It would not get rid of your bad breath completely, but if your BB is as bad as you say, it would at least diminish it. I know you hate Dr. Katz, but while he doesn't have a cure, the antibacterial substances must at least have some temporary effect on the anaerobic bacteria on the surface of the tongue.
I find it hard to believe that a breath odor can travel 50 meters (over 150 feet). I have never smelled that kind of bad breath from anybody, but I could be wrong.
From all your posts I know that your story is one of the most gut-wrenching ones on the forum, and it makes me feel terrible because it is much worse than my own story, which I thought was bad enough. I cannot offer you a cure - without knowing the underlying cause we're out of luck - but I can offer you a stop-gap measure which helps me:
I am not enamored of Dr. Katz's products because I tried his whole regimen several years ago and it didn't work for me. However, two of his products seem to greatly diminish my bad breath for several hours.
After regular brushing I scrape my tongue with a copper tongue scraper which is U-shaped and can reach pretty far back. Then I brush my tongue (as far back as possible) with TheraBreath Plus toothpaste with OXYD-8 and Zinc Rx and then rinse with TheraBreath Plus Oral Rinse with OXYD-8 and Zinc Rx. This is not a cure for bad breath because the tongue coating always comes back within a few hours, but it is a great help to me in most situations. It would not get rid of your bad breath completely, but if your BB is as bad as you say, it would at least diminish it. I know you hate Dr. Katz, but while he doesn't have a cure, the antibacterial substances must at least have some temporary effect on the anaerobic bacteria on the surface of the tongue.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
-
Phantasist
- Sheriff
- Posts: 477
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm
Jimi,
I forgot to mention something. After brushing my teeth and before the antibacterial stuff, I bend over the sink and vigorously clear my throat several times and then take a couple of swallows of hot water to wash the loosened mucus down to the stomach. This is important because the mucus in the throat is a perfect breeding ground for bacteria and the air you exhale must pass over the back of the throat and naturally picks up any odor.
I forgot to mention something. After brushing my teeth and before the antibacterial stuff, I bend over the sink and vigorously clear my throat several times and then take a couple of swallows of hot water to wash the loosened mucus down to the stomach. This is important because the mucus in the throat is a perfect breeding ground for bacteria and the air you exhale must pass over the back of the throat and naturally picks up any odor.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
Re: How bad is your breath???
That's kind of impossible, because of the distance between the cars and your inside. If the smell was that bad you would of be sent to the emergency room, because then its more then your breath, it's your body also.hali_grl wrote:my breath is so bad ppl in the next lane while I'm driving can smell me...
i thought i was just being paranoid but now i know they can smell me
My bb is really bad too. Whenever I talk, people squirm and rub their noses. Only my really good friends can stand to be near me. I dont know how they do it because everyone else is always talking about how my breath smells like sh*t. Once someone even said it smelled like horse stables. I cry about it a lot, but i know in my heart something will cure us all. No one deserves this. I am finally going to break down and try the antibiotics. How do i get them and what probiotics should i use with them??
rain
i know now i was killing myself w/ antibiotics but i thought then i was just treating myself w/ mediine that my dr prescribed he has the ph.d he's here to help right? WRONG! I went to the same dr's office over and over again they easily saw my history of recuring infectins and antibiotic use on top of me telling them yet they still continously prescribed them. ive been antibioic free for a year now. when a vaginal infection comes i just use plain yogurt on a tampon for 3 days and viola gone. thats why i don't knock natural treatments and always exploring bc they really seem to help while not destroying your health.
as for the breath thing like i stated in another post i realized its not my breath, nose odor, or skin its my exhalation. ibelieve my odor comes from my lungs bc of issues with my digestion and lack of stomach acid causing toxins and rottening strains of proteins that hadn't been broken down all the way into amino acids to be absorbed through the intestinal walls and carried through the blood to various organs. it is very possible if the ppl in the car next to me confirmed what i suspected but thought was impossile as well. hold up a pair of sh*tty underwear in front of a fan and see how far the stentch will carry .
i know now i was killing myself w/ antibiotics but i thought then i was just treating myself w/ mediine that my dr prescribed he has the ph.d he's here to help right? WRONG! I went to the same dr's office over and over again they easily saw my history of recuring infectins and antibiotic use on top of me telling them yet they still continously prescribed them. ive been antibioic free for a year now. when a vaginal infection comes i just use plain yogurt on a tampon for 3 days and viola gone. thats why i don't knock natural treatments and always exploring bc they really seem to help while not destroying your health.
as for the breath thing like i stated in another post i realized its not my breath, nose odor, or skin its my exhalation. ibelieve my odor comes from my lungs bc of issues with my digestion and lack of stomach acid causing toxins and rottening strains of proteins that hadn't been broken down all the way into amino acids to be absorbed through the intestinal walls and carried through the blood to various organs. it is very possible if the ppl in the car next to me confirmed what i suspected but thought was impossile as well. hold up a pair of sh*tty underwear in front of a fan and see how far the stentch will carry .
at minute 2:40 ,it explains how powerful room filling BB can be .hali_grl wrote:... hold up a pair of sh*tty underwear in front of a fan and see how far the stentch will carry .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioayr-XAMzg
i've actually been able to smell my BB wen i came back in from outside on 1 occasion .
Although i think this dr is out for ca$h , he has many interesting points and has done his homework. His point about stress drying up the mouth and causing 'instant bad breath' is spot on for me .
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.