Your Email Address:

First Name:

on day 5

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
john_bb
Advanced

on day 5

Post by john_bb »

My flosses are not smelling bad...Thats a good sign. My morning breath is completely under control. White tongue persists.
I will stop rinsing with Listerine zero from today. I think it is drying my mouth...
John_bb

ruthere1
Junior

Post by ruthere1 »

thats great. please continue to keep us updated. :)
deebo

Re: on day 5

Post by deebo »

john_bb wrote:My flosses are not smelling bad...Thats a good sign. My morning breath is completely under control. White tongue persists.
I will stop rinsing with Listerine zero from today. I think it is drying my mouth...
John_bb
hey john . do you scrape or brush your tongue ? i'm curious cause wen i scraped , i would just get white tung coming back day after day . i Stopped and only brush the tung now ,and the white tung is pretty much Gone for weeks .

My dent says you only get odorous floss wen you havnet flossed in a while and the space is very tight. i had it but no more
john_bb
Advanced

Post by john_bb »

deebo wrote:
john_bb wrote:My flosses are not smelling bad...Thats a good sign. My morning breath is completely under control. White tongue persists.
John_bb
hey john . do you scrape or brush your tongue ? i'm curious cause wen i scraped , i would just get white tung coming back day after day . i Stopped and only brush the tung now ,and the white tung is pretty much Gone for weeks .

My dent says you only get odorous floss wen you havnet flossed in a while and the space is very tight. i had it but no more
I scrape my tongue regularly. I floss twice a day, but I cant understand why the floss smells when I floss between the molars...
missjj
Junior

Post by missjj »

Mine only smells where I have silver fillings
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

john_bb wrote:
deebo wrote:
John_bb

I scrape my tongue regularly. I floss twice a day, but I cant understand why the floss smells when I floss between the molars...
It smells because your mouth is probably a nuclear waste plant of bad bacteria, and between your molars is where it can hide well from your saliva, or oxygenated in the air.
john_bb
Advanced

Post by john_bb »

mike987 wrote:
john_bb wrote:
deebo wrote: hey john . do you scrape or brush your tongue ? i'm curious cause wen i scraped , i would just get white tung coming back day after day . i Stopped and only brush the tung now ,and the white tung is pretty much Gone for weeks .

It smells because your mouth is probably a nuclear waste plant of bad bacteria, and between your molars is where it can hide well from your saliva, or oxygenated in the air.
I agree Mike...Right now I am suspecting my impacted wisdom teeth. I am about to meet surgeon on 22nd this month. I want to determine what is causing the BB.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I admit I haven't payed much attention on what exactly an impacted wisdom tooth is, since I don't even have widsom teeth... Is it trapped within the jaw, almost like an ingrown hair?

You can have them removed, can you not?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Mike, if you dont see any wisdom teeth and your teeth are generally overcrowded, it might be because they are horizontally impacted and completely hidden under the gum. Lack of room is what causes them to start growing towards existing molars. Sometimes they impact and partially erupt. I still have one of my lower wisdoms and it's horizontally impacted and lying on it's side, completely under the gum. I'm due to have it removed soon in hospital. The one on my lower right side was partially erupted and formed a pocket around the part of the crown of the tooth that was below the gum, which produced skank that smelled almost identical to tonsil stones.
deebo

Post by deebo »

halitosisux wrote:..Im due to have it removed soon in hospital. The one on my lower right side was partially erupted and formed a pocket around the part of the crown of the tooth that was below the gum, which produced skank that smelled almost identical to tonsil stones.
woe . this is pretty much the same as me. my 2 tops are perfect and both lowers are crooked and partially erupted . =(. i need to have em all yanked wen insurance kicks in . As well as my right tonsil closed . That'll be my start .
For the past year, sometimes i'll wake up with a really weird smell in my deep sinuses . Its not really morning breath so much as it is like a chemically sensation ,maybe like a mix of heated plastic and dry blood sort of . maybe its from snoring hard but its new and i havnet heard anyone post anything like it b4 . anyone ?? :-k
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

deebo, I dont know if this is a coincidence or not, but when I still had my right-lower wisdom tooth which was releasing a constant skanky discharge into my mouth, it was always my right-side tonsil which smelled the worst and seemed to produce the biggest and smelliest stones. Both my tonsils were crypted and the same size. I had them removed before I had any idea about the situation I had with my wisdom teeth, so I'll never know whether it was a coincidence or not. But my feeling is that it was no coincidence.

I never had any of those weird odours you describe, but sometimes I could smell shit in the air, just like there was a nearby farm that had been spreading shit all over the place, and nobody else could smell it. I always attributed this to perhaps an infected hair follicle or scabbing in the nose (I suffer quite badly with allergies and constantly rubbing and sneezing when it's bad) but perhaps it was odour or discharge from my mouth somehow getting up into my nose during sleep. It doesnt happen any more since I had that skanky tooth out.

Btw, if your BB relates in any way to trimethylamine, very small amounts of this chemical can smell of a number of strange odours, including heated or burning rubber/plastic. Higher levels tend to produce the classic odour of rotting fish.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I had my wisdom teeth removed when I was a child (for no particular reason other than that it might be suggested for kids to have such a thing done?).

If I were you guys though, with the impacted or erupted teeth, I'd have those removed immediately.

I used to think there might be something else going on behind my bottom teeth furthest to the back, since they often get sore and infected.. However, since I had some cavities filled and have been waterpiking those areas pretty well twice a day, I haven't experienced soreness in those areas all that recently, or at least not nearly as often.

Still, I feel the kind of BB that comes with that is sort of typical BB smell.. where as my big problem is literal fart/poop smell and if the ileocecal valve theory is correct, it would mean I'm actually eating shit.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Can't explain the reason, but sometimes when I eat chicken, and forget to floss (or don't floss on purpose to test my theory), the back top teeth, mainly on the side I chew with, can have particles stuck, and when I try to floss it out, it's putrid.

I have found that it's related to whether I've been a good boy or not. Like if I've had sugar or bread, chances are something will get stuck and stink. If I'm mostly eating brown rice for a week, it's less likely that my stuck foods cause an odor.

I suspect that bacteria gets right to that tooth and feast and defecate or sh*t right there in my teeth. Yet, the better I eat, the less chance of those bacterias going to town in my mouth.

It's exactly the same as white tongue. Regardless of tongue brushing or any other regime, the better I eat, the less chance of oral bacteria population. However I have not found it to have any impact on my breath. The mouth is easy to clean, it's deeper down in the throat down to the stomach where I can't get to, and certainly the population is happening there as a higher level.

So... I don't worry too much about the mouth. I'm just more aware of what I'm eating and gauging how far the bacteria will reach depending on how good I've been.
deebo

Post by deebo »

this could be because carbs begin being broken down in the mouth with the amylase enzyme . Which is not true to the same degree for proteins and fats. They are digested in the gut . Left in the mouth ,they can putrefy and rot, hence the putrid smell in the teeth from chicken but not so with rice .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFbPHlhI13g
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic