First of all... thank you! I have been watching posts on here and other sites for years, and have got to say that this site in particular has really helped to keep me heading in the right direction. I don't know why I haven't posted before. I guess I was waiting for some concrete evidence. Something that might help you guys the way I've been helped.
I will try to cover everything relevant for my entire BB history in a later post, but a brief summary would be:
I'm 33 and currently live in Australia (any other BB sufferers in Aus out there?!), but I lived the first 28 years of my life in England.
I believe i have a body odour problem too, but the BB is more constant and the worse of the two. I used to get tonsil stones and always have dry mouth/ white tongue/ PND.
Recently I went to Biolab testing centre in the UK. I had several tests done. One called the Gut Fermentation Profile, showed increased ethanol in the blood after glucose, consistent with a yeast overgrowth. Probably candida. I have had candida in my ears before (had a swab done) and sometimes the ear wax is really stinky, like stagnant water goes (anyone else get this?). I just use some canesten liquid which is meant for the toenails. But I'm sure it never really goes away as it comes back all the time.
I had my tonsil area swabbed at the same time, but no candida showed up. However, anaerobes did. The doctor (who's pretty shit I have to say) says that we all have anaerobes in our mouths, but I'm starting to think I have two problems
I have had 2 CT scans done about one year apart, both showing mucosal thickening to the maxillary sinuses (probable sinus infection).
When I was much younger I was referred for TMAU test (genetic test) which came up negative. But later read that not all gene deficiencies are tested for, and since that was years ago i had the urine test for TMAU done here in Aus. Both negative for TMAU.
I play soccer and get some pretty bad reactions from people during and after the games. I think this is more body odour related, because the skin around my nose and chin smells really badly if I rub it with my finger and sniff it. It normally smells bad, but much worse after exercise. Does anyone else get this? ...Does everyone get this? An ex girlfriend of mine told me she got that too, and she always smelled fine!
I had my tonsils removed about a year ago, and like most people have found, it hasn't cured me. I think it did help though... before the tonsillectomy, anyone sitting within 3 rows of me on a plane would be sniffing and rubbing their noses... now it's only the person next to me! Obviously, the tonsils just collect all the crap that is coming from the source of the BB rather than actually being the source. However, I never had my adenoids out so may one day give that a go.
Anyway, that's enough of my loooong journey for now. I do feel with the candida diagnosis, and with other people's threads about the IC valve, metronidazole and hypochlorhydria that I have several avenues to investigate.
I look forward to one day finding my cure and sharing it with you all
