Does anyone know if this syndrome can be diagnosed with a colonoscopy? That's a whole other commitment
but i'd do it if we then had some hard evidence!
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Malory makes it sound as though it's a temporary fix, as if it keeps getting locked.potty_mouth wrote:yeah, i'm in! I used one a month or so ago. I'll start with him. ...but does it really 'fix' the valve, or just give temporary relief?
Does anyone know if this syndrome can be diagnosed with a colonoscopy? That's a whole other commitment
but i'd do it if we then had some hard evidence!
Mike, I'm totally a non-god-fearing comrade... I am a Biochemistry graduate who now works in the field of gas chromatography (interestingly, this is how BB compounds are detected, eg halicheck, but i digress). I only ever went to a chiropractor because I had a pain in my spine and it felt like my spine had "locked up" a bit. I wouldn't have gone for any other reason, but if this valve is close enough to the skin that it can be manipulated then there's no reason why it can't be unlocked too. (if the locking up happens in the first place).mike987 wrote: Malory makes it sound as though it's a temporary fix, as if it keeps getting locked.
In any case, if chiropractory (chiropracty? chiropractry? Is there no noun for the practice of it? Because I can't find the right spelling here) truly can treat it by periodic unlockings, shouldn't we be able to acquire the skill and use it on ourselves? We just need to find the sweet spot, right?
Also, I hate to sound like a negative nancy, but I have doubts about chiropractory and how effective it is for.. well... anything.. Does it really do any damn thing? Can anyone attest to it? I'm particularly looking for opinions from my non-god-fearing scientific comrades but I welcome sense and sensibility just the same. if you know about it, tell me how it works.
From my current ignorant perspective, I see chiropractory similar to sticking needles in your face, or palm reading. Educate me, please.
Squat every time you use the toilet.mindyb wrote:Question:
Mike/Potty mouth-
Does the article suggest you squat as a general exercise (i.e. on the floor for 5 minutes a few times a day)
or
To squat everytime you use the toilet?
Good article, thanks mindy. Alright, so it's probable that we're suffering from some discomfort or dysfunction from not evacuating our bowels properly all our lives.. But we might also be stricken with the ileocecal valve syndrome..mindyb wrote:I'm very intetested in this currently. My foul breath comes from within, not originating in my mouth.
Mike- I really think squatting can help moving forward. But what about treating the overgrowth of bacteria/parasite that probably is exists from the valve being open for so long. I think a supplement or antibiotic would be needed to kill whatever is living in the wrong places, (while squatting can prevent it from moving back and causing odor.)
btw, not to be forward, but do you plan to squat on your toilet lid up or lid down- or some other way??
Here is an aritcle which hit home for me. It recommends alot of diagnostic testing which I'm not sure is necessary if you plan to treat it assuming you're positive you have ICVS.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... in;content
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.