There's another gastroenterologist in the area I'm considering going to next.
But this time, rather than saying 'I don't know what's wrong, please help me', I want to come prepared, requesting testing and NOT ask for the doctor to solve any problem.. No more meds.. Just test me for these very specific things!
Now I had taken praziquantel after finally acquiring it from an international drugstore and can't tell if it did anything. My suspicions are that it didn't, as it's been over a week now and all my digestive symptoms still exist. I've had a cold this past week too, so I can't properly gauge my breath.
I want to be prepared for the next step, something I should have done a long time ago.. Specific, and thorough testing!
I was hoping you guys could help me compile a list of things I should test for, and details about the test would be very helpful for me too.
So here's what I have so far..
- Blood test for Hypothyroidism
- Test for fructose intolerance (saw this mentioned around here)
- Thorough tests for a large variety of parasites (this will probably include blood and stool tests, yes?)
- Test for H.pylori (Is this a blood test?)
- Allergies tests for foods such as 'Gluten' (though I've been off that for a while)
I have vague ideas of others, but I would be very grateful if someone with a clearer understanding of these and other tests could give me some input.
Also, drawing blood a single time is probably sufficient to test for as many problems, so the more I can get down on paper before doing a blood test, the better.
Halitosisux is right in that testing should be done.. I'll never know if I have parasites and other problems until tests are completed.
Sheesh.. I really didn't appreciate that doctor just assuming I had IBS and giving me a variety of meds for that same thing for months.
Anyway, please help me compile a good list that could be helpful for myself, and anyone with digestive related BB issues.
