THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Updates - antifungal/bacterial mouthwash

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
perrymason
Advanced
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 am

Updates - antifungal/bacterial mouthwash

Post by perrymason »

Hello all,

After a 6 week period with visits to my ENT and dentist, I have a few things to update you on:

1) Getting wisdom teeth extracted next week or in 2 weeks; they have erupted, and dentist has confirmed they may be pockets for bacteria to reside

2) I am currently on allergy shots due to a positive allergy test for a plethora of things (really bad dust allergies, as well as mold and grass). Allergy causes PND --> bad breath due to overgrowth of bacteria, etc...; nasal odor/breath is due to the overgrowth and the PND symptoms are being treated. PND has been reduced by a good amount due to: a) corticosteroids, and b) nasal anti histamine spray. I really suggest that ALL of you get yourselves tested for allergies. I can't stress how important this is. My whole life I have lived with PND, but had not known the PND was due to allergies.

BB still exists even though PND has been reduced. Nasal odor still exists.

3) ENT has confirmed BB, mouth is clean, as well as tonsils. Had an endoscopy done; Adenoids, as well as sinus area are looking as if they are in good shape. Prescribed me a specially formulated mouthwash:

Consists of: 1) Ceftin, 2) Nystatin, 3) an antihistamine, and 4) and a steroid of some sort/anti-inflammatory. Ceftin - antibacterial; Nystatin - antifungal.

Swish it around for 5 minutes, then ingest. It has been 3 days, and I am actually seeing results...as in no white tongue with morning breath, and I don't have that odd taste as much.

We shall see how this works out, for I am to do this for around 3 weeks then follow up. The rationale here is to rid the infection/overgrowth (fungal, or bacterial, whatever it may be), and control PND. Here's to hoping it works!

Oh: Nasal rinse with alkalol helps clear a lot of mucus out. Try Alkalol!
snoopsister
Sheriff
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:12 am

Post by snoopsister »

Awesome!!! let us know how it works for ya! : :D
joe1
Junior
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by joe1 »

hi pervy... I hope it works for you!! just keep us posted pls. thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗