THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Diet is not the final solution

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
clara0
Master
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Diet is not the final solution

Post by clara0 »

Guys Most of you probably know about what I have been through by now but I am writing this post just to inform the new comers so they do not repeat my mistake because it was a big awful one.

I have reduced all the animal food dramatically since last August because I was thinking a certain food may give me bb then I gradually eliminated the cooked food and switched in to a 100% raw vegan diet which I have been on for the last 4 months but my bb is NOT cured. When I eat 100% raw (no nuts and little fruits) I am OK but a slight cheating gives me bb for at least 2 days.If I eat an egg I get sinusitis symptoms and bb for a week.
Before all these changes, I had good and bad times some days I had bb and some days not and I was eating all the foods but now I practically came back to the same point that I had started last year the only difference is that in past eating meat was putting me in trouble but now eating a cooked potato does the same damage!

Ofcourse I love raw vegan & especially cooked vegetarian diet and I have never been a fan of animal food in my whole life and that is the only reason that I stayed on the diet so far but the fact is I am deeply in trouble.
During the last year, I have put all my money , time, energy etc on finding a cure and instead I failed my exams, lost several teeth and my chronic arthritis osteoporosis progressed from 10% to 80% during only one year.

And I am also taking probiotics + many many herbs+ doing oil pulling etc but my bb situation is even worse than when I was eating every thing...I get reactions most of the days....and I eat almost nothing except a few fruits or veggies...Now I am at the end of the street, I cannot eat like before because the bb will be 200% worse than it was and I cannot continue feeling deadly week either...It is now more than a year that I did not have a single day feeling strong, I have missed those days that I have had energy to exercise and walking for hours....

I confess that the vegan diet worked 100% for me for an enough long time and I was bb free , it also was huge help to solve many of my chronic problems and I could interact with people with no bb and that was the reason that I though if I become 100% raw, I will be cured but I was only bb free during the first 2 months of 100% raw....... like bb bacteria or whatever adapted itself to the new diet.

And my throat is still itching and burning like the first day I woke up with bb and like I have not done anything during this whole f**king year.

Sorry that it was too long and some repetitions I don't want anybody else goes the same way as I did and lose the teeth or bones as I have lost....For me no way is left,except a miracle because I have done all the things that a person can think of , REALLY.
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

It is baffling, isn't it? After you do everything you can to "clean" your diet, you go through that period when you realize that " why is my breath worse today? I didn't even EAT anything?"

It really does seem that either way, diet or no diet, the results are the same, except for the depression and stress that comes along with starvation, and lack of good food that keeps you happy. Yesterday, I had a small piece of candy and it did wonders for my attitude, made my outh feel better, and for a few minutes I had a "personal" kind of relief even though I know it made my breath worse, it was worth it.
jen
Advanced
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by jen »

Clara, I'm so, so sorry that it worked out so badly for you. Thanks for letting us know that we should rather not try it. I read your posts with interest and considered it, but as I've been on the very strict candida diet without success, I doubted that raw would work for me, so I never tried it.

I pray that you'll be able to start eating normally again without too much agony and that your body will heal, even if it goes slowly.

I have stopped the 5 HTP for now after the information that you gave us, because I'm scared that it will do damage. There is too much doubt around the issue and bb is bad enough. I don't want to be sick as well.
User avatar
deebo
Moderator
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Portland
Contact:

Re: Diet is not the final solution

Post by deebo »

clara . we feel your pain and understand . what you say about bb being 200% now when you go off raw is what i just experienced . I was getting bb when being 80% raw so i though its not working . So i ate junk for a week . I got the Worst reactions EVER . this guy was actually Leaning Back at the store and i was only saying 1 word at a time like "thanks" or "yep".. . 3 days on 100% raw ,the same guy gave Zero reaction . So i'm back on but I now feel diet is not a Cure , its just keep my bb down . I need to see a DR to assess the underlying Cause .

What tests have you had so far Clara ? i know you say you have no insurance like me but is there some way to talk to a Dr or test your blood ? We are spending 100s on products/food and blood tests are pretty cheap i think.

i was just thinking the other day , how i'm really chasing after bb for everyone else's sake . but i can have something Really bad going on . People are happy when my breath is good so i ignore and forget that "its " still in there .
Waiting .. growing .
clara0
Master
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by clara0 »

elliott wrote:It is baffling, isn't it? After you do everything you can to "clean" your diet, you go through that period when you realize that " why is my breath worse today? I didn't even EAT anything?"

It really does seem that either way, diet or no diet, the results are the same, except for the depression and stress that comes along with starvation, and lack of good food that keeps you happy. Yesterday, I had a small piece of candy and it did wonders for my attitude, made my outh feel better, and for a few minutes I had a "personal" kind of relief even though I know it made my breath worse, it was worth it.
I think diet is a important factor maybe not for bb but for many other illnesses...but the thing is doctors and people who are writing books about diet do not themselves know what is a good diet, you may read a book about how eating fish is beneficial for the body and another book about how poisonous it is, but I agree that lack of good food make everything worse...By the way I have not eaten chocolate for more than a year I really miss the taste of chocolate ...
clara0
Master
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by clara0 »

@ Jen
Thank you, I hope everything to be fixed too...maybe you did the right thing to stop that supplement, you know I am myself taking natural herbs daily but I always read about all the side effects before I go on a herb...when there is a drug that the side effects are not known yet, it is better that you quit using it especially when you even do not know if it will fix your bb.

One tricky thing about raw vegan diet is that as you go on you lose your appetite (at least I did) and eat less and less food, lose more and more weight and feel weaker every day but you feel all the time that it is detox finally I found myself losing near 10 kilos (and I was a very thin person when I started it) and I reduced 4 numbers in size. I am of those people that hardly ever add or lose weight more than a kilo and my weight had been fixed since I was 18!
Last edited by clara0 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clara0
Master
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by clara0 »

@deebo
That is quite interesting that your bb is like me, mine appears after like 30 minutes of eating a forbidden food with other symptoms that I cannot believe myself that I did not have bb before eating it....I also forget about it when I am on raw food then when I eat a cooked food I realize the problem is still there.

Last year I met my ENT who knows me for 10 years , I have been meeting him several times during a year for asthma and allergies and last year I did not tell him about bb, but I told him that I was feeling like I have infection in my throat and I had constant itching burning in my ears and throat (at that time I had been taking Amoxicilin on my own and I was bb free and I told him about that) , he did sinus CT scans, MRI and some lung and asthma tests and told me that I should not take any antibiotics on my own because there is no problem there and he gave me the same allergy tablets and nose sprays that I had been on them before.
I am planning to meet him again in like 2 months.
I also did a blood test last winter and it came out OK .

You know I am coming to the same conclusion as Jimmy did, I guess our immune system is damaged and the reactions after eating food are the body immune response like our body finds a harmless substance dangerous and overreacts...I am not completely sure though.

Yesterday evening I ate a sandwich with a few chickens in it without any sauce etc (after a long time) ...and I watched my body , after 45 minutes my eyes became red and asthma reactions, blocked nose and throat itching etc and of-course the horrible bb appeared and became very bad for several hours afterwards...and today my saliva was smelling fishy and I had a little breathing problems but at least I did not sleep hungry last night.
User avatar
deebo
Moderator
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Portland
Contact:

Post by deebo »

clara0 wrote:@deebo
Last year I met my ENT who knows me for 10 years , I have been meeting him several times during a year for asthma and allergies and last year I did not tell him about bb, but I told him that I was feeling like I have infection in my throat and I had constant itching burning in my ears and throat (at that time I had been taking Amoxicilin on my own and I was bb free and I told him about that) , he did sinus CT scans, MRI and some lung and asthma tests and told me that I should not take any antibiotics on my own because there is no problem there and he gave me the same allergy tablets and nose sprays that I had been on them before.
I am planning to meet him again in like 2 months.
I also did a blood test last winter and it came out OK .

You know I am coming to the same conclusion as Jimmy did, I guess our immune system is damaged and the reactions after eating food are the body immune response like our body finds a harmless substance dangerous and overreacts...I am not completely sure though.

Yesterday evening I ate a sandwich with a few chickens in it without any sauce etc (after a long time) ...and I watched my body , after 45 minutes my eyes became red and asthma reactions, blocked nose and throat itching etc and of-course the horrible bb appeared and became very bad for several hours afterwards...and today my saliva was smelling fishy and I had a little breathing problems but at least I did not sleep hungry last night.
Did you test have low white blood cell counts too ? This is what Jimi refers to about low immunity . Clara , what you say about your sinus (eyes,ears,nose ,throat)... is EXACTLY what i am dealing with Right Now as i type . My eyes are puffy and red everyday . Hard mucus in the throat and head ,heavy Lungs daily . i use Neti ,vapo-rub ,nose sprays , throat sprays weekly . Helps a little i guess but i need a scan like you . So you don't know the results of the scan yet?? i feel like its an infection to me . Like Bronchitis or even Emphysema .

Did you get the lab paper works? you can look up what the numbers really mean yourself. Drs can often downplay the results .
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

clara0 wrote:@deebo
That is quite interesting that your bb is like me, mine appears after like 30 minutes of eating a forbidden food with other symptoms that I cannot believe myself that I did not have bb before eating it....I also forget about it when I am on raw food then when I eat a cooked food I realize the problem is still there.

Last year I met my ENT who knows me for 10 years , I have been meeting him several times during a year for asthma and allergies and last year I did not tell him about bb, but I told him that I was feeling like I have infection in my throat and I had constant itching burning in my ears and throat (at that time I had been taking Amoxicilin on my own and I was bb free and I told him about that) , he did sinus CT scans, MRI and some lung and asthma tests and told me that I should not take any antibiotics on my own because there is no problem there and he gave me the same allergy tablets and nose sprays that I had been on them before.
I am planning to meet him again in like 2 months.
I also did a blood test last winter and it came out OK .

You know I am coming to the same conclusion as Jimmy did, I guess our immune system is damaged and the reactions after eating food are the body immune response like our body finds a harmless substance dangerous and overreacts...I am not completely sure though.

Yesterday evening I ate a sandwich with a few chickens in it without any sauce etc (after a long time) ...and I watched my body , after 45 minutes my eyes became red and asthma reactions, blocked nose and throat itching etc and of-course the horrible bb appeared and became very bad for several hours afterwards...and today my saliva was smelling fishy and I had a little breathing problems but at least I did not sleep hungry last night.
Sandwich?

Probably the bread. I find that it starts reacting after 10-15 minutes, I suppose the yeast enjoys our environment. The chicken alone should be fine, as long as you floss afterwards.
clara0
Master
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by clara0 »

@ deebo
I did all these scans etc last year and all came out normal, at least that was what my doctor told me...I also did the asthma test and it was OK too while I really had problems in breathing especially after eating the wrong food.....strange.... I did not keep the papers...I was also using neti pot and different sprays that my doctor had given me but I do not take them any more.

deebo I am trying hard to find a solution and as I told you before I am trying many herbs at the moment to see which works and can stop those condition...we will find a cure I am sure.

@elliott
My condition is not just yeast overgrowth problem because last year I went on a candida diet for several months but no improvement. Eating any animal food gives me problems even without any bread or sugar, I tested it several times before.
User avatar
deebo
Moderator
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Portland
Contact:

Post by deebo »

clara0 wrote:@ deebo
I did all these scans etc last year and all came out normal, at least that was what my doctor told me...I also did the asthma test and it was OK too while I really had problems in breathing especially after eating the wrong food.....strange.... I did not keep the papers...I was also using neti pot and different sprays that my doctor had given me but I do not take them any more.

deebo I am trying hard to find a solution and as I told you before I am trying many herbs at the moment to see which works and can stop those condition...we will find a cure I am sure.
.
Did your Dr smell anything ?? What i have noticed is people are often somewhat accepting of even the worst bb at first , like its just a one time thing . But over time if they notice it over and over for weeks and months ,Things get Weird .

This site has given me more courage to confront Dr's in a way . Instead of not mentioning bb to them and talking about stomach or nasal stuff , i go straight to the breath . My next Dr visit might be like " Whats the first thing you notice about me ?" Breathing right at the Dr up close . We (and the Dr) often talk around the subject of bb ,cause its awkward for Dr's too . If we don't mention it ,Dr's will think its a one time thing like everyone has in the morning . You wont see them again for months .

Your note has me prepared for Dr's to find nothing unusual in me too . I'll do all the scans and tests ,and ..nothing ? But i'll breath on them ..and they'll Know there is a REAL problem somewhere . I'll tell them i've been to 4 dentist this year . Its their move .
clara0
Master
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by clara0 »

@deebo
When I met my doctor I had started taking antibiotics from like 10 days before and when I take antibiotics I have no bb. I told him that I had itching burning throat all the time and I was on antibiotics I did not mention I was taking them because of bb because I was embarrassed to tell him, I wanted him to realize himself but he did not.

I think you should not act like me, tell them that you have bb, I am personally a very shy person... I really could not speak about it to my doctor. Maybe I should go to a new doctor this time to feel less embarrassed.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Post by Jimi Stein »

Clata, when you eat cooked food again after being raw, it is 100% normal for all people to feel sick and feel sick, Yes all your symptoms will come back.

That is the curse. But I doubt that having more problems now after eating cooked again? Really? I think just same should be ok.

How old are you?

You should consume at least 300 calories per day if you are on raw diet. Basically you have to eat 30 bananas per day, I could not do it, to maintain weight. It is very tricky. Cooked food, I am ok with 1 bowl of veggie food and some fruits. On raw I have to eat 10 times more to feel not hungry.

This is really tricky and we are not blessed with our condition?
User avatar
deebo
Moderator
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Portland
Contact:

Post by deebo »

clara0 wrote: When I met my doctor I had started taking antibiotics from like 10 days before and when I take antibiotics I have no bb. I told him that I had itching burning throat all the time and I was on antibiotics I did not mention I was taking them because of bb because I was embarrassed to tell him, I wanted him to realize himself but he did not.

I think you should not act like me, tell them that you have bb, I am personally a very shy person... I really could not speak about it to my doctor. Maybe I should go to a new doctor this time to feel less embarrassed.
which antibiotic where you taking ? Was it prescribed for bb ? i am Very shy too . many times i did not mention it to counselors , drs ,nurses ... . But i was told to mention it before seeing the Dr . Sometimes i mention it after i am more comfortable with the Dr . I have seen dr's lean back away from for breath ,but not say anything about bb . Now on i will mention it 1st .

@ jimi . I concur with Clara . My bb reactions are Worse than b4 raw . maybe its temporary ( i hope) but my body seems to react worse now to cooked than 5 months ago before i was 80/10/10 raw . i will find a vid to explain my possible theory to this ...
clara0
Master
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by clara0 »

Jimi wrote:Clata, when you eat cooked food again after being raw, it is 100% normal for all people to feel sick and feel sick, Yes all your symptoms will come back.

That is the curse. But I doubt that having more problems now after eating cooked again? Really? I think just same should be ok.

How old are you?

You should consume at least 300 calories per day if you are on raw diet. Basically you have to eat 30 bananas per day, I could not do it, to maintain weight. It is very tricky. Cooked food, I am ok with 1 bowl of veggie food and some fruits. On raw I have to eat 10 times more to feel not hungry.

This is really tricky and we are not blessed with our condition?
Actually I added only one cooked meal (a very simple meal like cooked potatoes) every other day until my body adapts to the cooked food again. You know before going raw I was eating chicken, eggs etc...I have had bb at that time but I had both good and bad days I had bb days mostly after eating animal protein and when I was taking probiotics or anti-fungal herbs my bb was decreasing to some extent..But now I feel like I get horrible bb after eating a simple vegetarian cooked food..I hope it to be temporary....A raw vegan doctor told me once that when we go raw the body becomes more sensitive and show stronger reactions to previous food...maybe that is the reason.

I know that I need to eat much more on raw diet but I really cannot. I have almost no appetite on raw diet even when I feel hungry I eat just 2,3 carrots and I feel full for hours...at the end of the day I find myself eating very little and losing more and more weight....and also when I eat lots of one fruit type or vegetable I feel sick for example If I eat more than 3 bananas I feel really bad...By the way I am 33.
Last edited by clara0 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗