Your Email Address:

First Name:

A question for single people......not dating related

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
curious13

A question for single people......not dating related

Post by curious13 »

Excluding reactions from other people such as coughing, funny looks, etc., how do you know when your breath is at its worst, or best for that matter? Do you judge it by the taste in your mouth? A coating on your tongue?
I'm single and was wondering what basis other single people used. Myself I usually get a bad taste in my mouth that progresses as the day goes on. Sometimes the whitish coating on my tongue gets a little thicker.
How does everyone else analyze their own breath levels without help from another?

elliott
God

Post by elliott »

On my worse days I can smell it myself, in occasional whiffs. Or very rancid sour mucous in the throat that won't go away. Swishing with water, and you can taste the mucous. Or mouth coated with something that tastes like sh*t smells.

Alone I would not be able to relate these symptoms to BB, but I correlate those senses with reactions when people are around.

At this point, I know when I eat a certain thing, my breath will stink for a certain amount of days. I know that on Thursdays and fridays for whatever reason, my breath gets worse.

Overall, my breath smells everyday, so there is no reason to believe that on any given day it's doesn't smell, so much of this is moot.

The longer you go with this problem the more you gauge for yourself the status of your odor, no need to look at anyone's reactions. I think we only look for reactions for the small hope that you might be having one good day, but it's just wishful thinking. We know our breath stinks, all the time, no matter what.
happylife05
Junior

Post by happylife05 »

I can smell it myself 90% of the time
faithful1

Post by faithful1 »

I judge by the taste in my mouth and the lump in my throat.
skunkhugs
Total Newbie

Post by skunkhugs »

cant smell myself due to becoming accustom to the odor . Even when my mouth tastes fresh and clean I get terrible reaction with my mouth closed . I get the putrid mucus when swishing water also . This could be a stone or coating at the back of the tongue/throat .

Many Non-single people with BB are clueless too . Their lovers don't tell them or are also accustom . Its assumed that any of the usual reactions (nose rubs,coughs,hocks,scrunched noses, head turn , back peddles,Gasps ... ) are all bb reaction . Paranoia plays almost No part now for me . I try assume my air is foul now matter what . I just try to keep it to a minimum as victims also do .
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

If I hold my hand in front of my mouth, exhale, and the quickly breathe in through my nose I can detect the odor on my breath. It probably doesn't smell as strong to me as it does to other people. Getting the mucus out of my throat and then swallowing some hot water diminishes the odor. I don't have a bad taste in my mouth, but I do have a coating on my tongue. Don't know what is producing the coating.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
curious13

Post by curious13 »

Well I certainly appreciate everyone's reponses. Seems I still can't shake the "who farted" sydrome. It's bad enough we have this affliction. It's even worse that people don't understand or think we are less hygenic than they are. I have a pure hatred for my existence. And no I'm not suicidal. I just wish people viewed us in a way that they view others with "acceptable" problems.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic