are you on a Atkins style diet Clara? I am now thinking to try it . Lower sugar, Super high raw greens . I saw on the MEBO site that one of the poll questions " Poll: Bloodborne Halitosis: do you think probiotics make you smell worse ?" very curious to me . I'm not sure that a small amount of sugar causes the issue . I think the little sugar is the prebiotic . just a guess .clara0 wrote:Hey girl I am so happy with the fact that you are getting resultshali_grl wrote:After taking the gi detox since friday i have noticed that i am 'cool' (accordinI am thinking about giving it a try but I am not sure because it contains sugar , I took one probiotic before that had sugar in it and after taking a few tablets I had to throw the whole bottle away because the sugar made my bb worse.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Did anyone try the Acidophilus Probiotic capsules?
@deebo
Yes I totally agree with you that the sugar amount in the probiotic is too small but you know this diet/bb thing is quite complicated for example when I get close to my period time I get horrible bb from 10 days before no matter what I eat...sometimes I eat the same food but get different results that is why the issue is complicated . In normal situation when I start taking a new probiotic for the first days my bb reduces dramatically if not completely but at that time that I started taking those tablets I noticed that I got worse I was not 100% sure that was only probiotics but to be on the safe side I stopped taking them.
I agree with the diet with high greens and low fat/sugar to works the best (at least in my case) but it is difficult for me to get enough calorie out of that...I always get hungry after eating them instead of getting full
and also they are super expensive, if I wanna eat enough of them I broke
At the moment I am doing experiments by taking daily a variety of different herbs (coconut oil,goldenseal drops, wild Indigo drops, turmeric, cinnamon, neem leaf extract,garlic, cats claw etc) and instead added a 1 meal of cooked (grains, legume etc) and watching my body reactions. Because if I stay 100% raw and take herbs I will not realize the effect. I will update after getting results.
Yes I totally agree with you that the sugar amount in the probiotic is too small but you know this diet/bb thing is quite complicated for example when I get close to my period time I get horrible bb from 10 days before no matter what I eat...sometimes I eat the same food but get different results that is why the issue is complicated . In normal situation when I start taking a new probiotic for the first days my bb reduces dramatically if not completely but at that time that I started taking those tablets I noticed that I got worse I was not 100% sure that was only probiotics but to be on the safe side I stopped taking them.
I agree with the diet with high greens and low fat/sugar to works the best (at least in my case) but it is difficult for me to get enough calorie out of that...I always get hungry after eating them instead of getting full
At the moment I am doing experiments by taking daily a variety of different herbs (coconut oil,goldenseal drops, wild Indigo drops, turmeric, cinnamon, neem leaf extract,garlic, cats claw etc) and instead added a 1 meal of cooked (grains, legume etc) and watching my body reactions. Because if I stay 100% raw and take herbs I will not realize the effect. I will update after getting results.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Clara, I've read that every woman at some point during their menstrual cycle, gets elevated TMA levels in their bloodstream and that if their levels are already high it tips them over into becoming odourous. The hormones involved in the whole menstrual cycle have an effect on the FM03 enzyme (whatever the right terminology is to describe that) in other words, for a while, it reduces the body's capability to deal with TMA that normally enters the bloodstream from the gut. If you happen to have "secondary TMAU", you are always tipping on the balance between having good and bad days and something that affects the enzyme system responsible for dealing with TMA is bound to have an effect if your body happens to be close to having a bad day.
Probiotics and diet have an effect on the production TMA in the gut.
I dont know if there's any connection or whether this is totally ludicrous, but some women have found that the contraceptive pill has an beneficial effect on this. But the bizarre thing is that even MEN have reportedly had breath improvements when they take the female contraceptive pill. I dont know whether there are risks for men taking female contraceptive pills, but this is all something to perhaps look into at least to try to find some clues and possibly understand what's going on.
I can remember a girl at school who used to have some weird smelling days (like the air that comes out of a cycle inner tube when it's been in there for years). We were close friends and I used to make friendly comments about the whole thing because we both used to indirectly acknowledge that it related to her periods, but she was never embarrassed by it because it was obviously coming from her skin and slightly from her breath and nothing she could do about it.
Probiotics and diet have an effect on the production TMA in the gut.
I dont know if there's any connection or whether this is totally ludicrous, but some women have found that the contraceptive pill has an beneficial effect on this. But the bizarre thing is that even MEN have reportedly had breath improvements when they take the female contraceptive pill. I dont know whether there are risks for men taking female contraceptive pills, but this is all something to perhaps look into at least to try to find some clues and possibly understand what's going on.
I can remember a girl at school who used to have some weird smelling days (like the air that comes out of a cycle inner tube when it's been in there for years). We were close friends and I used to make friendly comments about the whole thing because we both used to indirectly acknowledge that it related to her periods, but she was never embarrassed by it because it was obviously coming from her skin and slightly from her breath and nothing she could do about it.
I hope I'm not jumping the gun here but I saw this thread about 2 weeks ago so I went out to a local GNC store and bought their GNC Natural Brand Ultra Mega Acidophilus (4 Billion organisms) supplement and ever since I have been bad breath free. I take one after every big meal (3 a day) and suck on them for a bit (about a minute) before swallowing. Hopefully the positive effects I've been having continues. I'd like to thank BerryKiwi and this site for bringing acidophilus to my attention. For the past 2 weeks I've finally been able to live my life the way I've dreamt of for quite some time. So I would say if you haven't already given acidophilus a try, DO IT! Good Luck =)
Hello all, may I know how much did you pay for your acidophilus probiotics? As I'm neither from the US nor UK, the only place I know of that sells this is GNC, but the price stated on their website is $33.95 which is quite costly for me.
Also, just to confirm, probiotics are just supplements like vitamins right? As in there will be no side-effects from taking them regularly?
Also, just to confirm, probiotics are just supplements like vitamins right? As in there will be no side-effects from taking them regularly?
- MissPretty
- Advanced
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm
- Location: Sweden
- MissPretty
- Advanced
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm
- Location: Sweden
Hi. I bought the Nature Made Acidophilus probiotics (1 billion). I tried it and it gave me a strange vaginal discharge, kind of like a yeast infection. I waited a day and stopped taking the probiotics and it was gone. I don't know if the probiotics caused this or what it means. P.S.-sorry if this is tmi, but I wanted you to have a true full update. i am nervous to take the probiotics again...Ladies, has this happened to you while trying probiotics?
That's strange, I remember I read somewhere that acidophilus probiotics is supposed to help in yeast infection instead of causing itruthere1 wrote:Hi. I bought the Nature Made Acidophilus probiotics (1 billion). I tried it and it gave me a strange vaginal discharge, kind of like a yeast infection. I waited a day and stopped taking the probiotics and it was gone. I don't know if the probiotics caused this or what it means. P.S.-sorry if this is tmi, but I wanted you to have a true full update. i am nervous to take the probiotics again...Ladies, has this happened to you while trying probiotics?
-
Phantasist
- Sheriff
- Posts: 477
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm
Most probiotic pills have acidophilus in them. They usually contain from half a dozen to a dozen strains of good bacteria. Probiotics can be helpful after taking antibiotics, because some of the beneficial bacteria may have been wiped out by the antibiotics, but probiotics don't have the ability to kill the anaerobic bacteria that cause odor. Just taking probiotics won't stop chronic bad breath.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.