THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
What is the best way to check our breath...
What is the best way to check our breath...
Hi folks.... back to basics...
What is "the best way to check our own breath"....
I mean if I dont get any negative results from that test I should not get reactions from ppl....
Pls help me find one..
I knew costly ones like halitometer but its too costly...
I also knew about lick test, pillow test, blowing air in to a cup etc etc...which is the best and inexpensive one.....
John
What is "the best way to check our own breath"....
I mean if I dont get any negative results from that test I should not get reactions from ppl....
Pls help me find one..
I knew costly ones like halitometer but its too costly...
I also knew about lick test, pillow test, blowing air in to a cup etc etc...which is the best and inexpensive one.....
John
The #1 way is to talk to someone.
You don't have to know them. Go into a store and ask for change. Ask someone for directions. Do it a few times, and study the reactions. You never have to see them again.
There's no way around it, if you want to know if your breath smells towards another person, then you have to allow another person to smell your breath. If you are anxious about talking, even to strangers (I know because I had to get over this myself), try to get beyond it, because that anxiety is a separate issue that is part of the problem. Accept that you smell, and use strangers to confirm it. The upfront honesty of a stranger's reaction is hard to take, but it is all psychological for you.
BTW If you ride a train, you don't usually have to say anything. You begin to recognize how people react when there's a smell around them, by a quick glance or turning away. When this happens, not only do you know your breath stinks, but you know that your odor is permeating around you.
You don't have to know them. Go into a store and ask for change. Ask someone for directions. Do it a few times, and study the reactions. You never have to see them again.
There's no way around it, if you want to know if your breath smells towards another person, then you have to allow another person to smell your breath. If you are anxious about talking, even to strangers (I know because I had to get over this myself), try to get beyond it, because that anxiety is a separate issue that is part of the problem. Accept that you smell, and use strangers to confirm it. The upfront honesty of a stranger's reaction is hard to take, but it is all psychological for you.
BTW If you ride a train, you don't usually have to say anything. You begin to recognize how people react when there's a smell around them, by a quick glance or turning away. When this happens, not only do you know your breath stinks, but you know that your odor is permeating around you.
it never works for me unless i just have normal morning breath ,which would be a Godsend compared to billowing out roomfilling bb from my Nose like VX gas .oasis wrote:ruch>
The lower lip test always works good for me too, and I think its an adequate method (a very sad truth for me).
I wonder why the lower lip test is mentioned so seldom as a breath test method? Doesn't it work for many of you?
I would think if the lower lip works for you ,cupping the hands might too . no ?
I once got two q-tips and two jars. I scraped some of the white coating off my tongue with one q-tip put it in one jar along with some of my saliva. And stuck the other really far up my nose and stuck that q-tip in another jar. Place it someone warm and for a few days and opened each. It's crazy because when i did this i found that the q-tip that was stuck up my nose was the worst smelling. Thats why i originally thought my bb was related to my sinuses. Still not sure.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Hali_grl I tried something similar in the past. Placed some mucousy saliva into a sterile plastic container and kept it at about 30C degrees. After about 4 hours the smell inside the container literally made me feel ill. The reason wasn't so much because of the actual smell, but it was because it was so instantly recognisable as the stench of my bad breath. The tests didn't always work, maybe the temperature or the samples I took weren't quite right each time.
Maybe if a few others tried this test, including the one you tried with the nasal sample, it might help some people to get some understanding of where their problem is originating from.
In my case it was unequivocal proof that bacterial activity relating to the bacteria and conditions inside my mouth were responsible for my BB.
I think it would be very interesting if more people tried these kinds of experiments and to post their findings, whatever they discover.
Maybe if a few others tried this test, including the one you tried with the nasal sample, it might help some people to get some understanding of where their problem is originating from.
In my case it was unequivocal proof that bacterial activity relating to the bacteria and conditions inside my mouth were responsible for my BB.
I think it would be very interesting if more people tried these kinds of experiments and to post their findings, whatever they discover.
Last edited by halitosisux on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Phantasist will probably remind you that white coatings dont smell of anything - this is true because white coatings are mostly dead skin and keratin - which, while still on the tongue, do nothing but act as an extra-anaerobic habitat for the anaerobic oral bacteria to produce their stench.
The reason why I'm saying that is because it might be worth trying your oral q-tip test with some mucousy saliva rather than just a scraping of white coating.
The reason why I'm saying that is because it might be worth trying your oral q-tip test with some mucousy saliva rather than just a scraping of white coating.
deebo>
Cupping my hands an try to smell has never worked for me. I assume the puff of exhaled air can't be smelled quickly enough that way. Moving my lower lips I guess lets the puff reach the nose fast enough. Also sticking my tongue out and letting the gases freely rise and enter my nose also works fine.
Cupping my hands an try to smell has never worked for me. I assume the puff of exhaled air can't be smelled quickly enough that way. Moving my lower lips I guess lets the puff reach the nose fast enough. Also sticking my tongue out and letting the gases freely rise and enter my nose also works fine.
I see . Its curious how olfactory's work .oasis wrote:deebo>
Cupping my hands an try to smell has never worked for me. I assume the puff of exhaled air can't be smelled quickly enough that way. Moving my lower lips I guess lets the puff reach the nose fast enough. Also sticking my tongue out and letting the gases freely rise and enter my nose also works fine.
Like to try some experiments like sux and h-grl myself . Last week I asked my ENT about running culture test of this sort. She basically dismissed them ,saying trying broad spectrum is best . I'm thinking that cultures may pin point what and where is odorous . Then a targeted effort .
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.