THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Lets Cure DRY MOUTH!!!!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
focused
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Lets Cure DRY MOUTH!!!!

Post by focused »

Well i know subject might seem different. but I am tired of the wandering in different causes of bb when I am not able to cure the very obvious reasons.
Lets focus on the very obvious ones(dry mouth,tongue fissures,pnd etc.)

Please guys,please let this post serve its purpose. majority of population suffering from bb have dry mouth . so any idea regarding this might be very helpful.



Okay let me start. I am surprised that there isn't much discussions on salivary glands. When it come to dry mouth, everyone suggests to avoid medicines which cause dry mouth. Well everyone suffering from dry mouth must be aware of this so they must be avoiding it. right?? then why do we still have dry mouth??


We should try to have the naturally flowing saliva just like bbfree people.

Some information can be obtained about one pair of salivary glands which i think will drastically reduce dry mouth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submandibular_gland


Your comments are welcome!!!!
User avatar
hali_grl
Sheriff
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:04 am

Post by hali_grl »

I know for me personally oil pulling helps with dry mouth but not for bb but ive never done it more than two weeks because i find it hard to keep liquid in my mouth that long without swallowing some.
lost1234
Junior
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:25 am

Post by lost1234 »

Yeah I believe dry mouth may be the cause or or one of the causes of my bb. I feel as though as soon as im done brushing my teeth, I have the smell of what I believe is morning breath. Saliva is very thick and sticky. I remember before I had bb when I was done brushing my teeth, I would get the same feeling(to an extent) but all I would do is either chew a piece of gum, drink a beer, or eat something and it would go away. Not anymore
focused
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by focused »

The article at the below link can provide some food for thought. PFB the excerpt:
Most animals have three major pairs of salivary glands that differ in the type of secretion they produce:

parotid glands produce a serous, watery secretion

submaxillary (mandibular) glands produce a mixed serous and mucous secretion

sublingual glands secrete a saliva that is predominantly mucous in character
The basis for different glands secreting saliva of differing composition can be seen by examining salivary glands histologically. Two basic types of acinar epithelial cells exist:

serous cells, which secrete a watery fluid, essentially devoid of mucus

mucous cells, which produce a very mucus-rich secretion


http://biology.about.com/library/organs ... igest3.htm


I think if serous cells starts functioning properly..the problem of dry mouth can be solved. Any idea how can we go about it??
CNS
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:46 am

Post by CNS »

I definitely do have a dry mouth, and when I need to speak to someone after not speaking for some time, I have to take a sip of water first or else I'll most probably have BB. Whenever I'm eating or drinking I feel very at ease though and don't need to worry about having BB or what due to the increase in saliva secretion.

I wonder if there is an association with how often we swallow saliva? When I think about it, I can go for very long without having a need to swallow saliva, so probably my mouth isn't producing much saliva hence the dry mouth? :(
ishbee
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:51 pm
Location: northern California

Post by ishbee »

CNS wrote:I definitely do have a dry mouth, and when I need to speak to someone after not speaking for some time, I have to take a sip of water first or else I'll most probably have BB. Whenever I'm eating or drinking I feel very at ease though and don't need to worry about having BB or what due to the increase in saliva secretion.
when youre eating you believe you dont have bb? is this common amongst everyone else with dry mouth?
ishbee
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:51 pm
Location: northern California

Post by ishbee »

CNS wrote:I definitely do have a dry mouth, and when I need to speak to someone after not speaking for some time, I have to take a sip of water first or else I'll most probably have BB. Whenever I'm eating or drinking I feel very at ease though and don't need to worry about having BB or what due to the increase in saliva secretion.
when youre eating you believe you dont have bb? is this common amongst everyone else with dry mouth?
kite
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by kite »

I too feel that after eating somthing may be fruit/candy/drinking juice/tea etc.. my bb is better.. much better when i eat anything raw like cucmber,fruit, green apple, banana etc... compared to eating candy :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗