THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

How do i know if my bb is getting better???

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ishbee
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:51 pm
Location: northern California

How do i know if my bb is getting better???

Post by ishbee »

i have theories about my bb, and i must start attacking it! i hate it!! but how do i know if what im doing is helping? ive heard of halimeters. do they work? does anyone here own one?
User avatar
hali_grl
Sheriff
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:04 am

Post by hali_grl »

i don't own the meter but i think the best indicator is people's reactions not just one person but the public's reactions when you speak around them. Looking back before I knew I had chronic bb I now recognize the funny looks and peculiar behavior I was getting.

This may sound crazy but I can tell my bb is bad when I gargle with water real hard at the back of my throat I can smell it faintly and tell just how bad it is.
User avatar
deebo
Moderator
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Portland
Contact:

Post by deebo »

hali_grl wrote:i don't own the meter but i think the best indicator is people's reactions not just one person but the public's reactions when you speak around them. Looking back before I knew I had chronic bb I now recognize the funny looks and peculiar behavior I was getting.

This may sound crazy but I can tell my bb is bad when I gargle with water real hard at the back of my throat I can smell it faintly and tell just how bad it is.
HG . i was eating lunch at work in my car today , Your cat & cube icon popped into my head . Just then I got it . the Epic puzzle of BB . I had a genuine good laugh when it dawned on me .

When I gargle or swish water at the back of the mouth and sense something foul ,its always ended up being a stone .When its finally clear ,the foul taste is gone . Unfortunately the reactions of horror aren't .
ishbee
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:51 pm
Location: northern California

Post by ishbee »

looking back i too have realized that bb has been going on for quite some time now.
rather than taking notes on the disgusted look on peoples faces when i talk close to them, i want an actual reading of my bad breath so i can tell if i am making any progress. it is so frustrating not being able to smell your own breath. sometimes i think i can.. but really i think its just my imagination putting that scent there.

as for the whole cat playing with the rubiks cube- i think comparing it to our bb struggle is a little too in depth, but i like it. its a cute avatar.
User avatar
deebo
Moderator
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Portland
Contact:

Re: How do i know if my bb is getting better???

Post by deebo »

ishbee wrote:i have theories about my bb, and i must start attacking it! i hate it!! but how do i know if what im doing is helping? ive heard of halimeters. do they work? does anyone here own one?
Menssana has a machine that is said to be far more sensitive and accurate than the halimeter . http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitos ... study.html
You should check MEBO to see if there is a machine in your area . It could possibly help tell you the source/cause of odors .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗