THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
my experience with metronidazole
my experience with metronidazole
I am 33y/o and have had bb and tonsil stones for at least 15 years... I have in the past found temporary-accidental relief from antibiotics... It has affected my social life and been a major insecurity for me... I saw a journal article which talked about a metronidazole rinse and decided to try it... I use 2mg of metronidazole for every mL of water... i take a mouthful 2 times a day for 2 minutes, gargling and swishing vigorously...the effect, to say the least, has been dramatic... my halitosis is virtually gone... even more so than any regimen of antibiotics... my girlfriend enjoys passionately kissing me again... Now I still get *some normal morning-breath, but it is normal and not the kind of awful, uncomfortable dragon breath I used to get, where even brushing my teeth 3 times in morning barely helped... I have no idea what the potential long-term effects are, but until something happens, there is no way I'll stop, since my quality of life has improved so dramatically. Icouldn't always tell how bad my breath used to be, but I absolutely know what it feels like when it is clean... I used to get sooo saddened by it, but I have regained a lot of confidence... now chicks like to kiss me!!!
Hello pedroaz,
It's a nice coincidence that I have been searching for effects of metronidazole mouthwash on halitosis. I got 2 articles:
article 1
article 2
Article 2 is very detailed study, has promising results. However, the last paragraph says:
It's a nice coincidence that I have been searching for effects of metronidazole mouthwash on halitosis. I got 2 articles:
article 1
article 2
Article 2 is very detailed study, has promising results. However, the last paragraph says:
Metronidazole is a very selective antibiotic. Since long-term use carries a high risk the only hope is that it fixes oral flora somehow. I tried metronidazole pills several times, it only prevented bb while I was on it. If pill and mouthrinse both carry the same risk factors, and both has the same effect then it's of no use.In this study metronidazole was simply used as a selective tool in order to determine which groups of organisms are important in malodour generation. The authors do not advocate the use of a metronidazole mouthrinse for the treatment of bad breath since such treatment carries a high risk of selecting antibiotic resistant strains of potentially pathogenic oral flora."
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Pedroaz, how long has it been working for you?
Have you ever tried stopping to see whether the improvement is permanent? If you happen to have had some kind of infection somewhere in your mouth, i.e. slight gum disease or a tooth infection etc, maybe the metro has managed to heal it.
I understand how bacteria develop resistance, but I don't know much about what goes on when it actually happens in the real world and in the body. Maybe there's a simple solution to deal with the development of bacterial resistance if it occurs in the mouth, such as alternating between two different types of antibiotic, or taking a break from the metro to allow the resistance to wear off in exactly the same way that it developed in the first place.
Chlorhexidine gluconate mouth rinse is used for gum disease, so if that can do it then metro should be able to do it too.
But, maybe it's purely down to daily rinsing with metro and the daily effect on your oral bacteria. Good luck and congrats for whatever the reason is, I hope it continues for you.
Have you ever tried stopping to see whether the improvement is permanent? If you happen to have had some kind of infection somewhere in your mouth, i.e. slight gum disease or a tooth infection etc, maybe the metro has managed to heal it.
I understand how bacteria develop resistance, but I don't know much about what goes on when it actually happens in the real world and in the body. Maybe there's a simple solution to deal with the development of bacterial resistance if it occurs in the mouth, such as alternating between two different types of antibiotic, or taking a break from the metro to allow the resistance to wear off in exactly the same way that it developed in the first place.
Chlorhexidine gluconate mouth rinse is used for gum disease, so if that can do it then metro should be able to do it too.
But, maybe it's purely down to daily rinsing with metro and the daily effect on your oral bacteria. Good luck and congrats for whatever the reason is, I hope it continues for you.
Hehe, your post made me smile, pedroaz.
I've got a stash of metronidazole but haven't done anything with it yet.
I recently started serotonin supplements, hoping that'll do something for me.
But, I might give the metro a go for New Years Eve, and head out on the town and get myself some satisfaction.. Oh.. I've been so lonely.. and I Iove women.. I love'em from head to toe!
I've got a stash of metronidazole but haven't done anything with it yet.
I recently started serotonin supplements, hoping that'll do something for me.
But, I might give the metro a go for New Years Eve, and head out on the town and get myself some satisfaction.. Oh.. I've been so lonely.. and I Iove women.. I love'em from head to toe!
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.