THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Serotonin? Out of the Loop Here

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sillygrrl08
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:20 pm

Serotonin? Out of the Loop Here

Post by sillygrrl08 »

I've read a few posts where people have mentioned Serotonin but I haven't been able to find anything about why some on here are mentioning Serotonin.

I'm curious, are you suggesting that Serotonin is curing or helping with the BB. I only ask because I took Serotonin for about 2 years. I did notice something. I was a lot happier and didn't think much about my breath or what other people thought of me and my bb.

But I also thought that while being on it, it seemed to take away the sting out of the bb. It was more of a faint thought and I mostly chalked it up to the drug actually making me not care about other people's reactions to me.

I stopped in the last year because I became pregnant and wanted to nurse my baby without using the drug. I plan to get back on as soon as I've finished nursing my baby. More so because i've been more obsessed with my bb since being off it, which has caused alot of my anxiety and suicidal thoughts.
User avatar
deebo
Moderator
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Portland
Contact:

Post by deebo »

i hear there are major benefits to longer than usual breast feeding .
On topic: the serotonin thing was really started by user 'Ahmed' . He says he was cured by using ssri meds . There are many disputes over his claims .
You're welcome to browse his post . search.php?search_author=Ahmad

Personally I think there are safer ways to lessen anxiety . http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f56/

And of course safer ways to target bb .
sillygrrl08
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:20 pm

Post by sillygrrl08 »

Thank you Debo for responding. After scheming through the posts I sort of got a headache trying to follow :)...but I think I got the gist of what people were saying. Anyway thank you for the time to show me that. I was just curious as to what people were saying about it since I knew I was on the drug.

And yes breastfeeding has many great health benefits for babies. That's why I was adamant about choosing to feed my baby this way, without the drug getting into her system. :)
dolittle
Newbie
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by dolittle »

my personal experience with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors is that they gave me dry mouth, and hence really bad halitosis which went away after I came off them. Really funny situation actually looking back because I was depressed because of my IBS -related malodor problem. The Doc gave me the antidepressants because he felt that depression was causing the IBS (proven to be wrong, SIBO causes IBS, anxiety only makes it worse). These drugs also gave me D. So not only worsened odour down there but added a new odour i didnt have before. "Thank you doctor"

Antidepressants are one of a long list of drugs that cause dry mouth. Use with extreme caution if you have prexisting halitosis condition.
Phantasist
Sheriff
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Post by Phantasist »

@Dolittle,

Are you telling us that your small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) was responsible for the irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)? Can you tell us how the SIBO was diagnosed, and whether you believe that your intestinal problems are the underlying cause of your bad breath?
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
User avatar
deebo
Moderator
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Portland
Contact:

Post by deebo »

Phantasist wrote:@Dolittle,

Are you telling us that your small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) was responsible for the irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)? Can you tell us how the SIBO was diagnosed, and whether you believe that your intestinal problems are the underlying cause of your bad breath?
Hey Phan . Doolittle does not have BB like us, but has a professional dental background.


skype skunkhugs
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗