THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Do you ever wonder exactly what your breath smells like?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
User avatar
coconuthead
Advanced
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:23 pm
Gender:

Do you ever wonder exactly what your breath smells like?

Post by coconuthead »

I've always wondered what were other people smelling. The thing I hate, other than actually having bb, is that I can't smell my breath myself. I wonder what it smells like? Rotten egg? Mothballs? Feces? I have no clue. I've tried all of those little testing methods. Doing a big "haaaa" in your hands, licking your wrist, taking a spoon and scraping your tongue, but I honestly don't think these methods tell exactly how breath smells. I know for sure my breath stinks, because many have told me, but I don't know exactly what it smells like.
User avatar
mike987
Super Angel
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:47 am
Location: US

Post by mike987 »

In close quarters with others, I often smell 'fart' like smells... Before I figured out it was me, I always thought it was someone else farting, though it was odd because I could only sense it for a second.... Then I noticed how it would seem to be the same smell as my own crap later that day (and I wasn't farting or anything)... I also noticed it whenever I was close enough for people to breath back into my face.

It seems that the carbon dioxide exhaust from other's breath allows me, perhaps limitedly, catch a whiff of my own breath.... and it smells like crap gas.

I can't smell it without this back draft.
Wrist lick is sour, but smells nothing like the back draft I get.

Ugh. I'm so tired of students covering their faces, or holding their books up. I felt kind of good about my breath today for whatever reason.... but I had a couple reactions that put me in a bad mood.


Anyway, I know what you mean. Catching whiffs of it still doesn't let me know if it smells like that all the time, just some of the time... or what. For all I know, it's always present.
angst-ridden
Advanced
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by angst-ridden »

I sometimes smell it when my face is in front of an electric fan, and i talked loudly to someone. The smell wafted right back at my nose. Or if i talk while walking then after 4 seconds i pass by the same spot, i smell the rotten egg smell. Or leaving the house then re-entering in less than 30 secs. Those are the ways that i was able to smell myself, they don't work all the time though, just occasionaly.
Jennxoxo
Total Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:04 am

Post by Jennxoxo »

Hello... I am new to this site and I know this thread is a bit old but I wante to reply because I have a way that I smell my breath directly.

It's been a while since I've first noticed my bb but after some time I began to notice that every time I drink water I can smell my breath. I discovered that when I want to test my breath I get a small glass of water, act as if you're going to drink the water -- put your mouth to the glass but do not take in any water. Breathe out of your nose and hopefully you can smell it. I know this works for me because it smells exactly like almost everyone I've ever known that has halitosis. To me it reminds of me what all old people's breath smells like. But it is very easy to smell my breath from the other persons perspective. Hope this helps. If it doesn't then perhaps your bb is only in your mouth and doesn't come out your nose.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗