I decided to undergo a sinus surgery to get rid of PND.
How long does it take until the PND will go away, if the surgery was a success? The doctor said it takes about half a year until the tissue is completely recovered. Is that true?
The surgery:
They shrinked my turbinates, corrected my septum and opened the ethmoid and maxillary cells. And they took small portions of the tissue inside my maxillary cells, the "sick" tissue. Still there is no effect after a few weeks. I haven't completely recovered by now, but the symptoms I had before (see below) didn't go away.
Symptoms of PND:
I suffer from one-sided PND. The clear or whitish mucus drips down on one side of my nose/throat. I have to clear my throat often and my voice is sometimes hoarse in the evening from all that mucus. During sports I meanwhile spit a lot of sticky mucus from my throat (even more sticky). And I tend to have more and more acute sinus infections, which lead primarily to massive PND during the night, so that I can't sleep without pills.
The PND should come from the nose. After the surgery I had that tamponade in my nose, so it was completely stuck and I breathed through my mouth. I didn't have PND during that time.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Post Nasal Drip: Cure after sinus surgery, how long?
- Archimonde
- Super Angel
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm
I remember one person on the french forum who was cured after having the surgery to correct deviated septum. A few other people, 2 or 3, had that surgery too but said it did not help, your doc said it takes 6 months to fully recover so maybe that's why. Good luck. I think someone from the healthboard forum or this forum from 2-3 years ago said the surgery cured him, i can't remember.
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.