THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
I was asked out even though he knew I had bb.
- coconuthead
- Advanced
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:23 pm
- Gender:
I was asked out even though he knew I had bb.
Okay so this guy comes up to me in the library and starts a conversation. In my mind I'm thinking "God, please let him go away. If he gets one whiff of my breath, he'll pass out". I kept telling him I'm busy and was trying to study, but he just wouldn't go away. So, I thought "I know how to make him leave. I'll talk directly in his face and he'll go running out of the library in disgust." He asked me what I was studying, and I said directly in his face with my hand from my mouth "I'm studying for my biology test on thursday and a math test tomorrow" I knew he smelled my breath because he wiped his nose and looked down at my mouth, yet he still sat there and kept talking. Then he asks me for my number. At that point, I'm in shock. I gave him my number thinking "he's just being nice, he'll never call", and he actually called and asked me out. I said yes, and now I feel like an idiot. WHY WHY WHY??? I bet he thinks my bad breath was a temporary thing. It will be the most awkward date ever. My breath will smell horrible and who knows what else will go wrong. I'm thinking about calling back and just telling him I can't go out this time.
-
Phantasist
- Sheriff
- Posts: 477
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm
Why not take a chance? You only live once.
Scrape your tongue, clear your throat of mucus and chew some sugarless peppermint gum - that usually covers up at least some of the breath odor. And relax so that your mouth doesn't get too dry.
Also, not everyone has the same sensitivity to odors. I had a girl friend once who did not react at all to my bad breath, even from half an inch away.
Scrape your tongue, clear your throat of mucus and chew some sugarless peppermint gum - that usually covers up at least some of the breath odor. And relax so that your mouth doesn't get too dry.
Also, not everyone has the same sensitivity to odors. I had a girl friend once who did not react at all to my bad breath, even from half an inch away.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
Hey coconuthead,
You should not worry about his reasons for asking you out. There are many possibilities, for example:
Maybe he is very lonely,
maybe he had bb issues himself in the past, so he knows how you suffer,
maybe he doesn't care about bb, he just wants to get to know you,
maybe he has been watching you for a long time,
.....
Actually you are in a good position right now. If you had used a mouthwash or something to mask your bb right before he asked you out (while you had no bb), you would try very hard to prevent him from smelling your breath on all your future dates and you would go crazy thinking about that. Now you know he definitely smelled it, but still got your number and asked you out.
You have to give it a try coconuthead. Avoid junk food, drink lots of water and take a small bottle of mouthwash with you if it helps. You can see a movie with him or take a walk if sitting face to face makes you uncomfortable.
He already knows you have bb, give it a try.
Wish you the best
You should not worry about his reasons for asking you out. There are many possibilities, for example:
Maybe he is very lonely,
maybe he had bb issues himself in the past, so he knows how you suffer,
maybe he doesn't care about bb, he just wants to get to know you,
maybe he has been watching you for a long time,
.....
Actually you are in a good position right now. If you had used a mouthwash or something to mask your bb right before he asked you out (while you had no bb), you would try very hard to prevent him from smelling your breath on all your future dates and you would go crazy thinking about that. Now you know he definitely smelled it, but still got your number and asked you out.
You have to give it a try coconuthead. Avoid junk food, drink lots of water and take a small bottle of mouthwash with you if it helps. You can see a movie with him or take a walk if sitting face to face makes you uncomfortable.
He already knows you have bb, give it a try.
Wish you the best
-
WillRobinson
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:00 pm
- Contact:
You should definitely go on the date if you liked him. He obviously knows you have bad breath now so you won't have to worry about him finding out on the date. At the end of the day, you don't want bad breath to get in the way of your life and stop you doing things, so here's a perfect opportunity to do just that 
Will
Will
Re: I was asked out even though he knew I had bb.
I really wonder what happened to that date!! I hope you two still dating!!!coconuthead wrote:Okay so this guy comes up to me in the library and starts a conversation. In my mind I'm thinking "God, please let him go away. If he gets one whiff of my breath, he'll pass out". I kept telling him I'm busy and was trying to study, but he just wouldn't go away. So, I thought "I know how to make him leave. I'll talk directly in his face and he'll go running out of the library in disgust." He asked me what I was studying, and I said directly in his face with my hand from my mouth "I'm studying for my biology test on thursday and a math test tomorrow" I knew he smelled my breath because he wiped his nose and looked down at my mouth, yet he still sat there and kept talking. Then he asks me for my number. At that point, I'm in shock. I gave him my number thinking "he's just being nice, he'll never call", and he actually called and asked me out. I said yes, and now I feel like an idiot. WHY WHY WHY??? I bet he thinks my bad breath was a temporary thing. It will be the most awkward date ever. My breath will smell horrible and who knows what else will go wrong. I'm thinking about calling back and just telling him I can't go out this time.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.