THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

What's the most humiliating experience...

Tell us your story with bad breath
User avatar
coconuthead
Advanced
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:23 pm
Gender:

What's the most humiliating experience...

Post by coconuthead »

..you've had so far with your BB?

I think mine would be when I was in the 11th grade and someone thought it would be funny to leave Colgate and a toothbrush in a red bag on my desk on Valentines Day. I'm thinking someone gave me a gift and I open the bag to find toothpaste and a toothbrush, then they were trying to hold their laughs in. Bunch of pieces of shit!! People these days can be so cruel, I swear!
Phantasist
Sheriff
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Post by Phantasist »

We all know about this problem. People think we have bad breath because we don't brush our teeth. Most people are immune to bad breath and since they have never experienced this condition, they have no knowledge of it. If we weren't afflicted with this nightmare, we would be just as ignorant.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
Tibya
Advanced
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:58 am

Post by Tibya »

Getting awareness to common man should be the process along with finding the cure of this. I have not had so much bad experience, because people have been very kind (and not so rude to me yet).
MrDoubleB
Junior
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:57 pm
Location: Netherlands

Post by MrDoubleB »

Mine was when i guy...oh nvm
User avatar
mike987
Super Angel
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:47 am
Location: US

Post by mike987 »

Most painful moments are being with someone I love and seeing that person react to my breath.. Ruins my mood for the next few days until I can recoup alone. If I'm out with a friend and they have a reaction, the day is done.. I just want to go home and crawl into a corner.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

I remember when I was about 17 years old, my best friend who I'd grown up with came round to see if I wanted to go out for a drink. He was with a friend of his from college. They were driving in his friend's new car.

I jumped in the back and all the way to this pub they were talking and laughing and I had to keep my mouth closed. It wasn't too bad inside the pub once I got drinking and smoking but then later on we went back in the car and within a few mins I had to become a mute again. By the end of the evening they were laughing at how stupid I was being for grunting all my words out like I was going nuts or something.

I knew from this moment on that I could never put myself in that position ever again - and I never did - apart from a few unavoidable events like christenings and a birthdays. My best friend gradually gave up on me and we hardly had any more to do with each other. Same with everyone else who ever knew me.

I remember watching this thing on TV once where various people tried to best describe what hell might be like. Nothing they could come up with compared to my reality.
User avatar
mike987
Super Angel
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:47 am
Location: US

Post by mike987 »

I bet you're so happy to be cured. :)

You're doing those social things now, aren't you Halitosisux?
WillRobinson
Total Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by WillRobinson »

without doubt my most humiliating experience was was going in for the first kiss and it never happening because she thought my breath smelt like crap... could it be any more devastating?
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Mike, I've got certain committments which take up every bit of my spare time at the moment. I haven't even been further than a couple of miles of where I live for nearly 3 years because of this. It's just nice to feel that I been given the opportunity to do the things that others around me take for granted. As soon as I'm able to I'm going to go totally ****ing WILD. It's not just about being able to do specific things, it's about feeling and doing NORMAL things and everything that goes with being normal and feeling on the same human-level as everyone else around me instead of feeling like a complete misfit who has no choice but to continually REFRAIN and restrain themselves from any form of engagement with others. GOD just thinking about the contorted crazy survival games I had to play just to keep going is making me want to SCREEEEAMMMM.

I used to look at people around me and think to myself, this person is free and has all the oportunity in the world to do whatever they want, and is this all they can do? It used to make me so pissed off to see someone driving a SHIT car or to have a SHIT job or be dressed in SHIT clothes. I used to think GOD if I only had the same opportunity, what I could achieve - I don't say this in a materialistic sense, and I don't mean to sound arrogant, I mean it in a fulfilment of potential sense. Now I've been given the opportunity to fulfil my potential and this for me is the greatest joy of all.
User avatar
coconuthead
Advanced
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:23 pm
Gender:

Post by coconuthead »

halitosisux wrote:Mike, I've got certain committments which take up every bit of my spare time at the moment. I haven't even been further than a couple of miles of where I live for nearly 3 years because of this. It's just nice to feel that I been given the opportunity to do the things that others around me take for granted. As soon as I'm able to I'm going to go totally ****ing WILD. It's not just about being able to do specific things, it's about feeling and doing NORMAL things and everything that goes with being normal and feeling on the same human-level as everyone else around me instead of feeling like a complete misfit who has no choice but to continually REFRAIN and restrain themselves from any form of engagement with others. GOD just thinking about the contorted crazy survival games I had to play just to keep going is making me want to SCREEEEAMMMM.

I used to look at people around me and think to myself, this person is free and has all the oportunity in the world to do whatever they want, and is this all they can do? It used to make me so pissed off to see someone driving a SHIT car or to have a SHIT job or be dressed in SHIT clothes. I used to think GOD if I only had the same opportunity, what I could achieve - I don't say this in a materialistic sense, and I don't mean to sound arrogant, I mean it in a fulfilment of potential sense. Now I've been given the opportunity to fulfil my potential and this for me is the greatest joy of all.
halitosisux, you're cured?
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Yes, after I removed one of my wisdom teeth.
jen
Advanced
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by jen »

Halitosisux, thank you for sticking around and sharing your ideas and wisdom with us for so long even though you are no longer suffering like us. It shows real empathy and kindness.

I wish my problem was as simple as wisdom teeth. In addition to the everyday hardship of going through life with bb, I feel that it is affecting my faith big time. I already feel so rejected and alone and if I can no longer believe that God is with me, I don't know how I'll cope. I can't even go to church any more, because when I hear about God's promises and how much He loves us, I feel very angry. But I won't elaborate too much on that. It's just another thing that I will have to work out for myself, I guess.
User avatar
mike987
Super Angel
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:47 am
Location: US

Post by mike987 »

If you stop fearing God, you may find personal relief.

I'm not going to tell you what to believe, but I would like to suggest to you that your BB is not related to sin, nor is it a test from God.

If God were real, why should man even know anything about him? Do you believe the crazy, hypocritical stuff that humans read to you during mass?

Humans are the messenger of God now, just as they've always been. The universe is much more vast and amazing than ever revealed in anything 'God' has ever said...

Anyway, I can tell you, there is life without God, and it's just as good, if not better than a life with him. Just want you to know if you do lose your faith, you are among friends the same as before. You'll get nothing from faith but your own introspection and you can achieve this without faith.

So hang in there!
jen
Advanced
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by jen »

mike987 wrote:If you stop fearing God, you may find personal relief.

I'm not going to tell you what to believe, but I would like to suggest to you that your BB is not related to sin, nor is it a test from God.

Anyway, I can tell you, there is life without God, and it's just as good, if not better than a life with him. Just want you to know if you do lose your faith, you are among friends the same as before. You'll get nothing from faith but your own introspection and you can achieve this without faith.

So hang in there!
Thanks, Mike, for the reassurance that I'm between friends. I know, but the loneliness is there all the same..

I'm by no means a religious nut, but I've always had a simple faith which carried me through difficult times. And no, I don't think the bb is a test or punishment, it's something that happened to me and that's that.

It's just that if I'm this angry with God, I'm in a deep, dark place which scares me.
However, it wasn't my intention to turn this post into a religion discussion, I know there is a space for religion in this forum, will use that if I need to vent further :)
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks jen, so kind of you to say so.

I think being able to talk and relate to others on here has been so important. I have always struggled to understand "God" and truly understand what suffering is all about, what I am and the reasons why we're forced to go through this life. So much struggle, yet what are we really once we're no longer prisoners of our own body.

I would love to discuss these things. We should make a new thread for whoever would like to participate. I think if we can make some sense of these things, and learn more about ourselves it can help us all to understand how bad breath ever became such a problem for us all in the first place.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗