Your Email Address:

First Name:

Diet and DIM supplements

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

@seanlee1980
how can you tell if your bb is gone, is it because you feel "fresh"? as what mike as said, did you not get any reaction while talking closely to anyone?

anyway, to those who have started DIM, best of luck and keep us posted :)

lost1234
Junior

Post by lost1234 »

Thanks tibya, i'm a male in my 20's. The migraine happened after I woke up from an extremely stressfull dream. I believe that is what triggered it. Havn't had a migraine since. The lingering slight headache I still have, doctors believe is sinusitus. I've done all the medicine they ever gave me so im dout their ideas. I believe the true cause of my bad breath is bacteria inbalance like you said. Hopefully we are on the right path at combating this cause.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

seanlee1980 wrote:I was at work today, but I didn't feel completely fresh. Maybe, the supplements are wearing off or becoming more ineffective. Maybe it was the bad food I ate last night. Will let you know again tomorrow how I feel.
update please! Even if it's bad news, we can take it.
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

lost1234 wrote:Thanks tibya, i'm a male in my 20's. The migraine happened after I woke up from an extremely stressfull dream. I believe that is what triggered it. Havn't had a migraine since. The lingering slight headache I still have, doctors believe is sinusitus. I've done all the medicine they ever gave me so im dout their ideas. I believe the true cause of my bad breath is bacteria inbalance like you said. Hopefully we are on the right path at combating this cause.
Migrane headaches are more common in women. With your age and gender, I would doubt it is migrane. But you may be one of those rare cases. For men, headache is more because commonly related to gastric problems.Wish you luck. You may request your doctor to get you tested for gastric problems, but gastric problem is not easy to detect. You may get all reports normal and still have gastric issues. Take Care. You are too young to suffer all this at such a young age. Try not to stress yourself too much.
sadgirlbb
Advanced

Post by sadgirlbb »

I ordered the DIM and started this morning. Just took my second dose. Nothing so far.... Still have that nasty taste. Maybe it takes a day or two??
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

sadgirlbb wrote:I ordered the DIM and started this morning. Just took my second dose. Nothing so far.... Still have that nasty taste. Maybe it takes a day or two??
Jesus fu*king Christ, be patient.
hoping

Post by hoping »

I think eating a healthy diet (don't eat too much meat and eat more veggie & complex carb) can see DIM works better. The reason is that DIM helps to boost liver enzyme to metabolize estrogen. Perhaps the same liver enzyme also uses for metabolizing protein and other food. Usually amino acids from protein that cannot be metabolized completely gives off fecal/sewage/dirty socks smell. I guess eating less protein (meat/dairy/food rich in protein) will leave more liver enzyme for estrogen metabolism ? :-k
seanlee1980
Advanced

Post by seanlee1980 »

My bad breath has returned. Scratching my head. It may be because a combination of my bad diet and DIM becoming less effective as I use it more. Ill try going on a good diet now, along with the supplements. My guess is my body is not reacting to the supplements anymore. Same thing happened with serotonin supplement. It helped for a few days but lost its effects afterwards.
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

I am leaning towards doing a liver detox now after reading this...

http://www.hepatitis.org.uk/s-crina/liver-f3-main3.htm

I think being on birth control for so long messed up my liver. My T3 and T4 were on the high side last time I got them checked, my hormones were not balanced (low progestrone) and if I eat too much sugar I get really tired and pass out after a meal. Also, I get arthritis pain if I eat to much sugar, or carbs. Alcohol can send me into a tizzy too.

There was a women on curezone that was cured after 4 months by taking a product called Liver Balance. She was tested positive for TMAU. She had malaria when she was young and she thinks this is when her liver failed to make the enzyme needed for proper choline digestion.

For me I think the combination of heavy drinking, birth control, and antibiotics herpes virus destroyed my liver. At the same time my liver failed to make the enzyme to digest lactose.

I'll keep u posted, but it might take some time to work.
seanlee1980
Advanced

Post by seanlee1980 »

So good news. I went back to a healthy diet last night and all day today. I drank celery and kiwi juice in the morning and ate a gluten free turkey sandwich for lunch. I took the normal dosage of the DIM supplements and my breath feels fresh now. No, I didn't ask people if my breath smelled. I just know if it's fresh or not. Usually I have a metallic or nasty taste in my mouth. Now, it's more of a sweet, fresh taste.

I believe you have to be on a good diet as well as take the DIM supplements, at least for me. This is not too hard and I would be glad to do this rest of my life if it will help fight my bb.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Sean, that's great.

When you eat junk food, try doubling the supplement dose for that day, what do you think?
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

seanlee1980 wrote:So good news. I went back to a healthy diet last night and all day today. I drank celery and kiwi juice in the morning and ate a gluten free turkey sandwich for lunch. I took the normal dosage of the DIM supplements and my breath feels fresh now. No, I didn't ask people if my breath smelled. I just know if it's fresh or not. Usually I have a metallic or nasty taste in my mouth. Now, it's more of a sweet, fresh taste.

I believe you have to be on a good diet as well as take the DIM supplements, at least for me. This is not too hard and I would be glad to do this rest of my life if it will help fight my bb.
But did you get any reactions? We already know white coating can have little or nothing to do with BB. Plenty of times I've had a mouth that FEELS super fresh, but then I'll get obvious reactions and I'll be left scratching my head...

I think it's normal for certain kinds of food to leave tastes in the mouth longer than others. I just ate baked french fries and mustard... It's not leaving the same fresh feeling of eating a carrot or an apple, but that doesn't mean this food is causing BB.

Cures are a dime a dozen on this website.. You must forgive me, but I'm not convinced DIM is having any effect on you at all, positive or negative based on the way your mouth feels. Keep us updated though, anxious to hear more.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Mike, what are the most common reactions that you get?

You're right, a fresh taste in your mouth doesn't mean no BB but having a nasty taste in your mouth 24/7 is debilitating mentally, if DIM supps can help with that then it's at least something.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I get reactions most often when teaching, since that's when I have no choice but to speak to other humans directly...

Nose covering.. comments on how it stinks. Today I got a comment "This smell again?"

"Someone really stinks"

Girls in front were clumsily trying to cover their nose but look casual.. One of them seemed to get sick or something and had to step out. Don't know if that was about me, but it SOUNDED like the other girl whispered to her "the smell, right?" and she nodded.

I'm seeing clear reactions and comments every single work day these days... I'm doubting whether I can last another year in this job.. in Japan. I want to be cured... I don't know what to do. I really don't know what to do. I stink. It's worse than I even thought it was. It smells like farts, or crap, or something. It seems to be the same smell no matter what my diet is.... I wonder if I have some kind of hernia.or something. I've been to a couple clinics, but maybe I just need to go to the hospital and be up front about it. "My breath stinks and I don't know why. I think it's related to digestion, but I can't figure it out."
deebas
Advanced

Post by deebas »

I can sympathise with you there, except i don't need to talk for people to be covering their nose at work

being in lifts with people is especially bad
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic