thank u so much!
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
THE cure for bad breath
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
-
seanlee1980
- Advanced
- Posts: 122
- Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:30 am
This method kind of correlates with the the guy who posted about IV fluids temporarily eliminating bad breath. IV fluids have saline solution to alkalize the blood and disinfecting bacteria. Rubbing salt on the teeth and around the mouth for hours is like cutting grass with your bare hands. By the time you're done, grass is growing again. A more efficient way would be to take IV fluids once in a while, but yeah easier said than done.
Update: I've been continuing to brush twice a day with concentrated salt solution. The upper right outside gums have been bleeding some and are sensitive. The upper left outside gums not as much. I think this is because of gum disease. The lower gums don't bleed or get sensitive with the same treatment. So it's not just the salt irritating the gums. I can feel blood pumping in the upper gums after the salt treatment. I think that's a sign of healing. The salt seems to pull fresh blood into the gums. Also there's less plaque on the teeth at the end of the day. This has to be good for preventing gingivitis and tooth decay.
I do think this treatment is getting to the root cause of the problem.
2nd update: Upper right gums are getting less sensitive to the toothbrush and salt. Still a little bleeding there while brushing. I scheduled an appt. with a new dentist to get a cleaning and checkup. There are some spots near the gum line that need filling.
I do think this treatment is getting to the root cause of the problem.
2nd update: Upper right gums are getting less sensitive to the toothbrush and salt. Still a little bleeding there while brushing. I scheduled an appt. with a new dentist to get a cleaning and checkup. There are some spots near the gum line that need filling.
Last edited by hope4now on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-
NOTANYMORE
- Master
- Posts: 254
- Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:44 am
Even if this does work, if your gums are bleeding when you brush, you need to run (don't walk) to the nearest dentist and get your mouth cleaned. This will not remove the hard plaque and tartar on your teeth.
I've said this before, some people are in total denial and I'm still willing to bet that a bunch of us have gum/periodontal disease which is causing the BB.
I've said this before, some people are in total denial and I'm still willing to bet that a bunch of us have gum/periodontal disease which is causing the BB.
-
badbreathe88
- Junior
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:46 am
hey
@Jimi, thank for asking about my gums. I have gum disease since I was like 10 years old. Why? Because I always ate chips, chocolate and drank fizzy drinks. I NEVER ate healthy foods like carrots or drank water, so yea gum diseases started forming. My parents were too busy with work to mind my health and even if they tried to beat some sense into me I wouldn't listen. By the time I was 12 years old the pus had gotten so bad that it my face swelled up, also pushing one of my teeth up instead of growing down. I could've died at that stage because the teeth was dangerously nearing my eye and brain. I had to perform surgery to extract that pus from my cheeks, thus removing around 5 teeth on the upper left side, in the process removing my bones as well, this changed my life forever. I can no longer chew with that side. I did not get an implants back then because they said to wait til 21 years old, already I am 23 and no longer wish to have fake teeth. I will protect my right side by eating right this time and eliminating junk food.
I don't have big gaps, it's because of the pus in the gums that is causing all this stink.
@bbshiat, yay congrats to you, may you clear BB soon
@halitosisux, my gawd my gums are the worst, like a decade of pus growing in my gums. Now I need to kick ass and clean it out. My gums were normal I think? I didn't really look into to. Just had A LOT OF shyt in my gums...deep under.
My gums did bleed but I continued to brush anywayz. The blood was mixed with the brown pus, but I had to clean it out. Healthy gums don't bleed.
@seanlee1980, thank you for mentioning IV fluids, I will look into it. I do not have the time to pay a dentist a visit. When you need them they schedule you in like 3months D:
You are right, I've indeed been brushing for over 20 hours now and the pus continues to leak. However I do think I am recovering reason? My tongue isn't as white as before. My lips are no longer peeling. This is war, everytime you brush the pus-leaders keep sending reinforcements, however I must get to the HQ and eliminate the pus-leaders so that it will die out forever...hopefully. Please post some links.
@elliott, true 10% of BB is related to other causes. I hope you the best in finding the cure.
@hope4now, yay good for you
@2ndbanana, healthy gums don't bleed, either visit a dentist or continue brushing like I did...it's gonna be painful, but you need to push through it.
@NOTANYMOre, I do not trust dentist because even after they clean your teeth the gum disease comes back, I've cleaned it a few times. So this time I take things into my own hands.
UPdate: I realized now that I could've died this time if didn't clean out my pus. The pus had sorta clogged up my veins on the left side leading to the brain. Prior to this experiment I had woken up due to pain on the left side of my head. Blood wasn't going up, nearly resulting in a stroke, I could feel the vien pumping blood vigourously. Thank god I exericise or else I could've died. Who knew that gum disease can also cause a stroke!
Okay when I said I was 80% cleared, I was WRONG. I was only 50% cleared. Turns out that the gum diseases was hiding at the BACK BACK BACK of my teeth. I spent like..whew 1.5 hours last night and 1.5 hours this morning srubbbing this shyt. The thing was that my bottom left got sensitive and sore, so I left it for a few days and the PAIN DIDN'T GO AWAY. So I went ahead and brushed it, my gawd the pain was torturous, I think I was in hell. I had to brush because I couldn't stand BB any longer. In chinese culture, when you fall and bruise your knee, the adults will RUB your kneed, resulting in massive pain. The result? The pain is gone the next day. In the western culture, it is best to not scratch or touch the bruise and let it recover over the course of the next few days.
So I applied the same concept, I spent 3 hours brushing, the pain was unbearable, however once it was over, foul smelling pus leaking, the pain actually subsided.
I am going to add a warning,
[WARNING] THIS METHOD CAN CAUSE MASSIVE PAIN, BLEEDING, AND LEAKAGE (if the pus isn't completely cleared), when you begin this experiment you open pandora's box of pain and leakage. There will be pain, there will be leakage throughout the day causing a stink. Consult with a dentist before beginning/get 2nd opinion.
To be after a decade of BB, I took things into my own hands and started a war with BB.
During the experiemnt: Pain, blood, and leakage. Still I still went ahead because I know dentists can't save me. Plus I dont' want to lose anymore teeth
AFter the experiment: Cleaner breath but since I didn't really completey clear out the pus, I had leakage during the day. Was really bad since a lot of customers started to touch their noses/ back away again.
I think that if I clear out the pus hopefully tonight/ tomorrow morning I can have fresher breathe. My breath doesn't smell, but when my gums start leaking pus it starts to stink.
I don't have big gaps, it's because of the pus in the gums that is causing all this stink.
@bbshiat, yay congrats to you, may you clear BB soon
@halitosisux, my gawd my gums are the worst, like a decade of pus growing in my gums. Now I need to kick ass and clean it out. My gums were normal I think? I didn't really look into to. Just had A LOT OF shyt in my gums...deep under.
My gums did bleed but I continued to brush anywayz. The blood was mixed with the brown pus, but I had to clean it out. Healthy gums don't bleed.
@seanlee1980, thank you for mentioning IV fluids, I will look into it. I do not have the time to pay a dentist a visit. When you need them they schedule you in like 3months D:
You are right, I've indeed been brushing for over 20 hours now and the pus continues to leak. However I do think I am recovering reason? My tongue isn't as white as before. My lips are no longer peeling. This is war, everytime you brush the pus-leaders keep sending reinforcements, however I must get to the HQ and eliminate the pus-leaders so that it will die out forever...hopefully. Please post some links.
@elliott, true 10% of BB is related to other causes. I hope you the best in finding the cure.
@hope4now, yay good for you
@2ndbanana, healthy gums don't bleed, either visit a dentist or continue brushing like I did...it's gonna be painful, but you need to push through it.
@NOTANYMOre, I do not trust dentist because even after they clean your teeth the gum disease comes back, I've cleaned it a few times. So this time I take things into my own hands.
UPdate: I realized now that I could've died this time if didn't clean out my pus. The pus had sorta clogged up my veins on the left side leading to the brain. Prior to this experiment I had woken up due to pain on the left side of my head. Blood wasn't going up, nearly resulting in a stroke, I could feel the vien pumping blood vigourously. Thank god I exericise or else I could've died. Who knew that gum disease can also cause a stroke!
Okay when I said I was 80% cleared, I was WRONG. I was only 50% cleared. Turns out that the gum diseases was hiding at the BACK BACK BACK of my teeth. I spent like..whew 1.5 hours last night and 1.5 hours this morning srubbbing this shyt. The thing was that my bottom left got sensitive and sore, so I left it for a few days and the PAIN DIDN'T GO AWAY. So I went ahead and brushed it, my gawd the pain was torturous, I think I was in hell. I had to brush because I couldn't stand BB any longer. In chinese culture, when you fall and bruise your knee, the adults will RUB your kneed, resulting in massive pain. The result? The pain is gone the next day. In the western culture, it is best to not scratch or touch the bruise and let it recover over the course of the next few days.
So I applied the same concept, I spent 3 hours brushing, the pain was unbearable, however once it was over, foul smelling pus leaking, the pain actually subsided.
I am going to add a warning,
[WARNING] THIS METHOD CAN CAUSE MASSIVE PAIN, BLEEDING, AND LEAKAGE (if the pus isn't completely cleared), when you begin this experiment you open pandora's box of pain and leakage. There will be pain, there will be leakage throughout the day causing a stink. Consult with a dentist before beginning/get 2nd opinion.
To be after a decade of BB, I took things into my own hands and started a war with BB.
During the experiemnt: Pain, blood, and leakage. Still I still went ahead because I know dentists can't save me. Plus I dont' want to lose anymore teeth
AFter the experiment: Cleaner breath but since I didn't really completey clear out the pus, I had leakage during the day. Was really bad since a lot of customers started to touch their noses/ back away again.
I think that if I clear out the pus hopefully tonight/ tomorrow morning I can have fresher breathe. My breath doesn't smell, but when my gums start leaking pus it starts to stink.
I just read your thread and all the comments and I couldnt wait to try it.. So I grabbed the table salt and locked myself in the toilet and start brushing..
YOU ARE RIGHT!! Healthy teeth do not bleed!! Only one section, the lower left side, bleed and that made me remember that it was the only side that I remember having a tooth in a really bad condition many years back and at some point I remember having pus.. Ofcourse the last 8-9 years my teeth are in a perfect condition and always receiving good comments by the dentists..
I must admit its a painful process. I stopped brushing cause it was almost unbearable when my gums started bleeding but what I noticed is that my toothbrush was smelling weird (in a bad way). Anyway, I decided to use a toothpaste after that, which is antibacterial and proper for gum care without lauril sodium sulphate, and I ve already noticed difference when I used it alone.. Anyway.. I used also the salt mouthwash as you advised us.. I' ll continue doing that and who knows, maybe something good will happen!!
Thanks.
P.S When I asked my dentist few years back (desperately but unwilling to tell him the reason for asking) what is gum disease and whether I had it..Guess what? He laughed at me!!! He laughed because my gums were in a perfect condition and using the regular toothbrush and toothpaste, never bled.. Tonight mysteriously only a section out of four bled.. Lets see..
YOU ARE RIGHT!! Healthy teeth do not bleed!! Only one section, the lower left side, bleed and that made me remember that it was the only side that I remember having a tooth in a really bad condition many years back and at some point I remember having pus.. Ofcourse the last 8-9 years my teeth are in a perfect condition and always receiving good comments by the dentists..
I must admit its a painful process. I stopped brushing cause it was almost unbearable when my gums started bleeding but what I noticed is that my toothbrush was smelling weird (in a bad way). Anyway, I decided to use a toothpaste after that, which is antibacterial and proper for gum care without lauril sodium sulphate, and I ve already noticed difference when I used it alone.. Anyway.. I used also the salt mouthwash as you advised us.. I' ll continue doing that and who knows, maybe something good will happen!!
Thanks.
P.S When I asked my dentist few years back (desperately but unwilling to tell him the reason for asking) what is gum disease and whether I had it..Guess what? He laughed at me!!! He laughed because my gums were in a perfect condition and using the regular toothbrush and toothpaste, never bled.. Tonight mysteriously only a section out of four bled.. Lets see..
-
dick.karma
- Advanced
- Posts: 137
- Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:54 am
This seems to be working for me
I started brushing and gargling with strong salt water solution last week and felt the difference the next day upon waking up. I didn't just post here immediately to eliminate placebo effect.
It greatly reduced the white tongue coating and the accompanying smell of death (lol). Before this my saliva smelled like dog's breath and those white coatings on my tongue were much worse. But now it's like there's no more smell (the last time I had this feeling was when I was having an acupuncture and taking chinese med)
I can't really say the same for my breath since I haven't had a lot of interactions lately but I didn't notice anyone yet making a gesture (nose rubbing, etc.)
I use rock salt for the solution and I would suggest that everyone try this.
The downside is that my teeth are now sensitive to cold drinks
I started brushing and gargling with strong salt water solution last week and felt the difference the next day upon waking up. I didn't just post here immediately to eliminate placebo effect.
It greatly reduced the white tongue coating and the accompanying smell of death (lol). Before this my saliva smelled like dog's breath and those white coatings on my tongue were much worse. But now it's like there's no more smell (the last time I had this feeling was when I was having an acupuncture and taking chinese med)
I can't really say the same for my breath since I haven't had a lot of interactions lately but I didn't notice anyone yet making a gesture (nose rubbing, etc.)
I use rock salt for the solution and I would suggest that everyone try this.
The downside is that my teeth are now sensitive to cold drinks
I've got a few questions.
I bought a big container of sea salt yesterday and I'm confused as to how you guys are carrying out this procedure.
Do you pinch some salt and pour it on your toothbrush, then just brush regularly? Do you brush the gums only with the salt?
I tried last night, but it seemed like the salt melted a few seconds after it came into contact with my saliva.
I also tried putting salt on my index finger and just rubbing it over my gums.
I saw no blood or pus coming out.
I bought a big container of sea salt yesterday and I'm confused as to how you guys are carrying out this procedure.
Do you pinch some salt and pour it on your toothbrush, then just brush regularly? Do you brush the gums only with the salt?
I tried last night, but it seemed like the salt melted a few seconds after it came into contact with my saliva.
I also tried putting salt on my index finger and just rubbing it over my gums.
I saw no blood or pus coming out.
- Archimonde
- Super Angel
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm
-
GTFO.BADBREATH
- Junior
- Posts: 63
- Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:06 pm
- Gender:
Hi, newbie here! I’ve been reading posts here regularly since about 2008 though. This post really resonated with me and I’m excited to try this. Bit of history: had a great outgoing life before bad breath began in 2005 at age 20, began to be really bad in 2006 and strong nasal odor began in 2010 (Nasal odor is the worst thing ever- at least before I could sit in meetings, walk through the streets freely and just go about my business even if I was scared to actually speak. Nasal odor quickly put a stop to all that freedom. I’m actually praying now for just plain bad breath, so all those with just bad breath from the mouth count yourselves “sorta” lucky).
Okay, so a year after bad breath began I was brushing regularly but not really flossing but one day I decided to floss throroughy. I still shudder thinking about the stuff that came out- dark dark blood (maybe brown) and yellow stinky debris that smelled like tonsil stones (which I had too before I took my tonsils out in late 2006). So you can imagine that after this flossing, I was quite happy- I thought I’d found the cure to the bad breath. But nope, it didn’t get better. From then on I flossed semi-regularly and eventually through the months my gums stopped bleeding and the floss stopped stinking when I smelled the floss. Dentists found nothing wrong with my gums. So I thought it must be something else- so since then I’ve had tonsils and wisdom teeth taken out, plus every supplement, anti-fungal and antibiotics you can think of. I’m lucky to have a good job where they can’t fire me (government) so I spend a lot on supplements. But now I’m thinking, WHAT IF all that gunk in my gums caused such a deep infection that mere flossing couldn’t possible cure??? As a side note I had the bad breath nightmare diet in those early years- I didn’t know any better, all-bran flakes ALL the time (sugar and wheat), milk (enough said), jelly sugar candy once a day, wheat crackers and cheese, ramen, alcohol, pizza every thursday. I was in college
I now plan to do this salt thing tonight, I think you guys are on to something. At the moment I’m on Naseptin Nasal Cream, cloxicillin and prednisone to try stop the nasal odor. After I finish the course, I will get on lucefunuron (spelling) which I’ve already ordered since reading about it here yesterday. I actually ordered “program” from the vet which is plain lucefunuron meant to cure fleas in dogs. DON’T order “program plus” which contains another ingredient which I’m not sure is not safe for humans. I’m sure I’ve got plenty of candida from all the antibiotic abuse trying to cure this damn thing, so I wanna clear my body of all that. I think candida is also causing my mild scalp odor (lucky me). So here goes nothing, will keep you all posted.
Okay, so a year after bad breath began I was brushing regularly but not really flossing but one day I decided to floss throroughy. I still shudder thinking about the stuff that came out- dark dark blood (maybe brown) and yellow stinky debris that smelled like tonsil stones (which I had too before I took my tonsils out in late 2006). So you can imagine that after this flossing, I was quite happy- I thought I’d found the cure to the bad breath. But nope, it didn’t get better. From then on I flossed semi-regularly and eventually through the months my gums stopped bleeding and the floss stopped stinking when I smelled the floss. Dentists found nothing wrong with my gums. So I thought it must be something else- so since then I’ve had tonsils and wisdom teeth taken out, plus every supplement, anti-fungal and antibiotics you can think of. I’m lucky to have a good job where they can’t fire me (government) so I spend a lot on supplements. But now I’m thinking, WHAT IF all that gunk in my gums caused such a deep infection that mere flossing couldn’t possible cure??? As a side note I had the bad breath nightmare diet in those early years- I didn’t know any better, all-bran flakes ALL the time (sugar and wheat), milk (enough said), jelly sugar candy once a day, wheat crackers and cheese, ramen, alcohol, pizza every thursday. I was in college
I now plan to do this salt thing tonight, I think you guys are on to something. At the moment I’m on Naseptin Nasal Cream, cloxicillin and prednisone to try stop the nasal odor. After I finish the course, I will get on lucefunuron (spelling) which I’ve already ordered since reading about it here yesterday. I actually ordered “program” from the vet which is plain lucefunuron meant to cure fleas in dogs. DON’T order “program plus” which contains another ingredient which I’m not sure is not safe for humans. I’m sure I’ve got plenty of candida from all the antibiotic abuse trying to cure this damn thing, so I wanna clear my body of all that. I think candida is also causing my mild scalp odor (lucky me). So here goes nothing, will keep you all posted.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.