Ok.. this might sound a bit awkward.. but did any one of you ever had problems with his/her navel? Serious or not! Is your belly button area clean? And its not a matter of hygiene..
After all this discussions about candidiasis I was trying to think all the weird medical conditions I've been into the last years. One of them, that I had to make a surgery for and still the reason why I developed it is unanswered by the doctors, was pus with really awful smell coming out from my belly button. No antibiotics could stop it and the justification of the doctor was only "Bad luck'!!
I know it sounds weird but I just searched it online and one of the reasons why I might had this discharge was because of candidas or anaerobic bacteria.. We might be getting somewhere and that's interesting because at least we won't be buying products blindly anymore.
I have never heard of that, but I think nothing is too awkward to be discussed here. I think you should definitely explore that possibility more. It may be the answer you are looking for.