THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Really good article regarding bb, involves candidiasis
Really good article regarding bb, involves candidiasis
I found this article to be really interesting and actually seems to explain why I suffer from bb. The more research that I do, the more I believe my bb is related to taking antibiotics while going through puberty(hormonal changes). The antibiotics killed off all the good bacteria and let the candida proliferate and now after some 14 years is beyond control. Although bb isn't the main focus of this article, there is a hopeful story about a 32 year old woman who had horrible bb and was cured after three months on a yeast free diet. Really good read. Highly recommended. http://www.worldwidehealthcenter.net/articles-31.html
Bad breath is a symptom not a disease. It can have completely different causes for everyone not related with each other at all.
I never took any antibiotic in my life until very recently and I had bb for many years so mine is not related to antibiotics.
However if you think that your bb was caused by antibiotics I can only say the diet is worth a try, you can only gain from it. Start even today if you can, it could be the cure for you.
I never took any antibiotic in my life until very recently and I had bb for many years so mine is not related to antibiotics.
However if you think that your bb was caused by antibiotics I can only say the diet is worth a try, you can only gain from it. Start even today if you can, it could be the cure for you.
Nope, but there's must be something we all have in common that causes the bacteria in our mouth to produce such a foul odour. Just like other people who have a balance of good and bad bacteria in their mouths in common and don't have to worry about bad breath most of the time. I mean if our mouths were all healthy, then no matter what the constant foul odour wouldn't exist. I mean I know a lot of people who complain about pst nasal drip and excessive mucous in their throat, but they don't seem to have any bad breath symptoms.noptical wrote:Bad breath is a symptom not a disease. It can have completely different causes for everyone not related with each other at all.
Last edited by Busted on Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I do believe we have a different types of bacterias than other people do have. These bacteria can survive any environment and is spread internally in our body. I have tried to understand the whole system, I do not believe we have the same bacteria than other people, it must be something that differentiate us from the rest of the people.
That's what I think too. Some people here say that the bacteria that causes bad breath are contagious. I think this actually may be true, but they would only get it for a couple of hours. As soon as they drink some water, eat somethin or brush their teeth, it seems to be gone. It's like their mouth has a automatic breath controller, which we obviously don't. This is not fair, I'm so jealousKL wrote:I have tried to understand the whole system, I do not believe we have the same bacteria than other people, it must be something that differentiate us from the rest of the people.
Too bad we can't order something like that online.
While past research has connected oral malodor to the proliferation of certain bacteria on the tongue, recent research from the Forsyth Institute and the University of Michigan School of Dentistry indicates another group of bacteria is associated with fresh-smelling breath. Investigators used gene sequencing to compare bacteria found on the tongues of individuals with halitosis and those with fresh breath. While not all samples taken from halitosis sufferers had the same bacterial makeup, three particular strains -- Streptococcus salivarius, Rothia mucilaginosa and a previously uncharacterized strain of Eubacterium -- were the most prevalent species on the tongues of subjects with fresh breath. From the American Dental Association:Study identifies 'good' and 'bad' breath bacteria
While past research has connected oral malodor to the proliferation of certain bacteria on the tongue, recent research from the Forsyth Institute and the University of Michigan School of Dentistry indicates another group of bacteria is associated with fresh-smelling breath.
Investigators used gene sequencing to compare bacteria found on the tongues of individuals with halitosis and those with fresh breath. While not all samples taken from halitosis sufferers had the same bacterial makeup, three particular strains Streptococcus salivarius, Rothia mucilaginosa and a previously uncharacterized strain of Eubacterium were the most prevalent species on the tongues of subjects with fresh breath.
The most prevalent bacterium found in the fresh-breathed subjects, Streptococcus salivarius, was found in only one individual with oral malodor and at very low levels, the investigators reported.
The study also identified six species of bacteria most associated with halitosis: Atopobium parvulum; a phylotype of Dialister; Eubacterium sulci; a phylotype of the as yet uncultivated phylum TM7; Solobacterium moorei; and a phylotype of Streptococcus.
�In each of six individuals with halitosis, we found several species that were not found in those with fresh breath,� said Bruce Paster, Ph.D., Forsyth senior staff member. �Conversely, in five individuals with fresh breath, we identified species not generally found in those with halitosis. These findings would suggest that certain bacteria are associated with bad breath, and that others, the normal microflora, protect against it.�
The Forsyth study is part of an ongoing effort to determine genetic sequences for all species of bacteria that colonize the oral cavity. In the current molecular analysis of tongue scrapings, scientists have found 92 bacterial species, of which 29 have never before been described in the scientific literature.
While past research has connected oral malodor to the proliferation of certain bacteria on the tongue, recent research from the Forsyth Institute and the University of Michigan School of Dentistry indicates another group of bacteria is associated with fresh-smelling breath.
Investigators used gene sequencing to compare bacteria found on the tongues of individuals with halitosis and those with fresh breath. While not all samples taken from halitosis sufferers had the same bacterial makeup, three particular strains Streptococcus salivarius, Rothia mucilaginosa and a previously uncharacterized strain of Eubacterium were the most prevalent species on the tongues of subjects with fresh breath.
The most prevalent bacterium found in the fresh-breathed subjects, Streptococcus salivarius, was found in only one individual with oral malodor and at very low levels, the investigators reported.
The study also identified six species of bacteria most associated with halitosis: Atopobium parvulum; a phylotype of Dialister; Eubacterium sulci; a phylotype of the as yet uncultivated phylum TM7; Solobacterium moorei; and a phylotype of Streptococcus.
�In each of six individuals with halitosis, we found several species that were not found in those with fresh breath,� said Bruce Paster, Ph.D., Forsyth senior staff member. �Conversely, in five individuals with fresh breath, we identified species not generally found in those with halitosis. These findings would suggest that certain bacteria are associated with bad breath, and that others, the normal microflora, protect against it.�
The Forsyth study is part of an ongoing effort to determine genetic sequences for all species of bacteria that colonize the oral cavity. In the current molecular analysis of tongue scrapings, scientists have found 92 bacterial species, of which 29 have never before been described in the scientific literature.
After doing a bit more reading, I want to know if anyone here has tried a strict yeast free diet for at least three months? Did you see any results? Based on the information I've come across, I need to attack my bb in several ways if it is related to excessive yeast(candida) in my body. It's going to be a real test to eat basically nothing tasty but who the heck cares if it works.
Here's my plan for the next three months in case anyone else is interested:
1) Eat only yeast free foods (gawd, this is going to be hard)
2) Supplement with 4 billion grams of probiotic daily along with chlorella and spirulina
3) See what happens
I don't have access to a naturopathic doctor right now but will in a few months. At that time, I plan on getting all the tests(VEGA, ART, etc) along with a thorough colon cleansing. I swear the bacteria that causes bb is in my blood which got there with too much yeast in my intestinal flora to begin with. I'm also going to try and see a gastroenterologist...wish I didn't have to wait another three months...damn it. So eager to get on with my life already.
Here's my plan for the next three months in case anyone else is interested:
1) Eat only yeast free foods (gawd, this is going to be hard)
2) Supplement with 4 billion grams of probiotic daily along with chlorella and spirulina
3) See what happens
I don't have access to a naturopathic doctor right now but will in a few months. At that time, I plan on getting all the tests(VEGA, ART, etc) along with a thorough colon cleansing. I swear the bacteria that causes bb is in my blood which got there with too much yeast in my intestinal flora to begin with. I'm also going to try and see a gastroenterologist...wish I didn't have to wait another three months...damn it. So eager to get on with my life already.
Re: Really good article regarding bb, involves candidiasis
Article seems to have vanished. Damn.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.