THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Bad breath bacteria found.....Part II

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
User avatar
Shit4Breath
Advanced
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Bad breath bacteria found.....Part II

Post by Shit4Breath »

I was browsing through old post on this forum as I am a new member and discover this post that I thought was really interesting. It's referring to a research study contributing the bacterial strain Solobacterium moorei as the cause for severe chronic halitosis. It was found in every persons mouth that suffer from halitosis. It is a newly discover bacterium that much isn't known about just yet I'm presuming. Has anyone read up on this or know anything further?

viewtopic.php?t=1725&postdays=0&postord ... rk&start=0
User avatar
terranpatriot
Advanced
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:19 am
Location: East Coast, USA

Post by terranpatriot »

I notice the study to be a little old, have scientists found anything as a way to target this specific bacteria?
Phantasist
Sheriff
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Post by Phantasist »

The link between Solobacterium Moorei and bad breath appears to be much stronger than that found for other species. In studies where researchers looked for the organism in the mouths of volunteers, they found it in virtually all subjects with oral malodor, and in almost none of those without the condition. In one study, subjects who did not have oral malodor, but who did have the bacterium, had another oral problem, such as periodontitis (inflammation of the gums). Of all the bacteria associated with halitosis so far, this new species appears the most likely to provide an answer and clues to a cure.

If research proves a causative relationship between Solobacterium Moorei and bad breath, we may be able to devise a way to get rid of a health problem that has resisted all attempts to deal with it for decades. Testing of antibiotics against the organism has shown that it is sensitive to many of the drugs already available to us. If doctors can determine how best to deliver the drug to regions of the mouth were the anaerobes live, oral malodor could be treated like any other infection. We may not have the whole story yet—there may be other bacteria associated with halitosis that scientists have yet to find—but we are one step closer to a real cure for bad breath.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
meowkity1
God
Posts: 799
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:33 pm

Post by meowkity1 »

This reminds me of the jobs I had when I first turned 18 and really began getting a hotter than normal mouth. I became a nurse aid working in nursing homes, but for three years I took care of a paralyzed women, who I had to help poop every other day. I always had this phobia that her house, specifially bathroom was fecal filled because of this messy bowel program she had to have. Now I realize that it is possible that I may have picked up some bacteria while working.
Anyone else have a job in the past where you possibly could have came into contact with someones fecal. There are many jobs, especially cleaning jobs or just comnig into contact with public restrooms daily. WHat if we suffer because one day when we were little we rushed out of the bathroom without washing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗