THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Mum cant smell my bad breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
DanielPine
Advanced
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:22 am
Location: Australia
Gender:

Mum cant smell my bad breath

Post by DanielPine »

Today I got super pissed with my bad breath and broke down crying at home. My mum came in, seeing her 16 year old son weeping in the middle of the dining room is a very rare thing. I told her absolutely everything. She then asked me to let her smell my breath. I breathed on her nose, she said she couldnt smell anything. I told her that she had adapted to the smell or is in denial. I then said she might by lying to me. She said to me that If i did have bad breath, she would tell me.

This is weird, I have been told by my friends at school that my breath smells like poo. My sister has told me. When I sit next to anyone in class they cover their nose with their knuckles in a seemingly natural position. Some block their nose when I talk to them, and they sound all nasaly. Am I going crazy? I hate living the life I do. My mum will probably tell my dad, and when my dad gets home he will give me a verbal ass whooping about how im letting my problems interfere with my sisters year 12 exams. What do you think is going on?
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Could you talk to your sister about it?
If she cares about her brother she will want to try to help him sort this out.
The fact she's been honest to you about being able to smell something is a good thing. You might have something that causes you to have intermittent bad breath. If you find the courage to see a doctor you could bring your sister along to help convince the doctor this is very real.
User avatar
deebo
Moderator
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Portland
Contact:

Post by deebo »

I never ask people if they can smell me. 99% of the time in our culture they will deny it . Since your sister has already verbally commented about your BB ,this is your Gold ticket . If your Mom can't smell you ,that's ok but she must understand that most others Clearly can and her denial or inability will help nothing . The same for your Dad . His ear beating is not going to help your fear of social ostracism . In fact ,they may only make you feel that you can't come to them for support either .

What has helped many bb and bo sufferers is someone who will tell them what diet changes or treatments and helping or making the odor worse . Your sister may be this person . Hali-sux is right that you should ask her to visit the Doc with you , because most Docs will also deny an odor .

some links you might want to have your family read
http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitos ... smell.html
http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitos ... r-not.html
HigherThoughts
Advanced
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:33 pm
Location: Los Angeles, US

Post by HigherThoughts »

Don't worry you aren't going crazy. My entire family has lied to me too. Not to mention they don't think it's a big deal and even got pissed at me for being embarrassed to talk to people.

People lie because it's not a life threatening problem and they think it is better to ignore it than to acknowledge it.

Honestly, it makes me sad that even people with the common cold gets more sympathy than people with bad breath. If someone would say "I'm sick", everyone would go "oh you poor thing". If I were to say I have bad breath problems people would be like "I don't smell anything, it's just in your head". All the while rubbing their nose, turning their heads away, and putting a frown on their face.

At least your friends told you and your sister told you. You can try to get treatments and get your sister you be your breath tester.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗