THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
So this is what being cured feels like
So this is what being cured feels like
First of all, this is a sequel to my oher thread: viewtopic.php?p=43066&highlight=#43066
So yesterday I went to my doctor to discuss the results of my endoscopy. I indeed have the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach.
He prescribed me this medicine pack:
http://www.efarma.nl/itempics/P/ZP_14278200.JPG
This pack consists of pantoprazoltablet (Little yellow one, this one reduces stomach acid)
Amoxicillinetablet (The big white one, this one kills bacteria)
and Claritromycinetablet (Medium size greenish one, Kills bacteria too). I have to swallow these 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening.
So yesterday morning I swallowed the 3 medicine and also decided to take good care of my stomach for once in my fcking life. And bought Soup vegetables with microwave chicken (cut in pieces) and mozarella cheese and ate it all raw (except the chicken of course) in the morning . I went to work after that. At work I swallowed my other 3 tablets in the evening.
3 hours later I walk to my car and my mouth tasted different. I have a upper lip trick to smell my own breath a bit. Normally I could smell a bit of sulfur, this time I smelled absolutely nothing. I was confused and rubbed the back of my tongue with my finger, normally it smells like rotten cheese....now nothing. I went home and ate the same food as i did in the morning, brushed my teeth and before I went to bed, I checked my tongue. And it had beautiful pink color....no more white rotten color.
5 hour in the morning suddenly I woke up and rubbed my tongue again.....nothing WTF?! And still a fresh mouth too.
So this is how normal people feel huh? Some normal people don't bother brushing their teeth after they wake up when their friends come over. Now I know why, with this taste and this smell you don't have to.
Now I am cured, but of course I don't know if it is permanent or not. And Is it really the Helicobacter that is causing the halitosis or are there other bacterias in the stomach that want to be an *sshole. And what happens when I eat normal food again (Not gonna try to find that out)?
Now the people that have a acid reflux, even if it is very mild (Mine was) get an Endoscopy and try to get your hands on this medicine somehow. Use it for 1 day and please tell me the results. Use them between 08:00 - 20:00 (8 PM) 1 hour before you eat something. But there can be bad side effects like dizziness, nauseousness, diarrhea, but thats normal.
I really wanna know if this cures other people or not.
I don't just want to cure myself, I want to cure all of the stomach halitosis sufferers. If I am the only one that is cured then halitosis is still winning.
And if it comes back we will at least have something to build on further.
And some people claim they are cured and 2 days later they post that they are not sure if they are cured. Oh trust me, If you are cured you WILL KNOW. You wont even bother looking at reactions from other people.
Well I think this is one step closer to a cure for stomach halitosis sufferers.
I don't know if this will be of any help to Nasal halitosis sufferers. But trust me. Today I found out that the Cure is there. These past 12 years I thought curing this was impossible, but I swear now that it is not. We have a defect that needs to be fixed. Your cure is at the Pharmacy, but finding out which one is the cure for you is the hard part.
Anyways, I have to do this for a week (until upcoming Thursday) and then I have to wait 1 week after that to see if the Helicobacter comes back. If it is back then I will get a blood test to see if I lack antibodies for HP. I swear my doctor is an angel, doesn't give up helping me.
I will let you guys know further.
May we soon all find the damn cure!
P.S. I decided to get an endoscopy and thought I had Helicobacter, because on the French Halitosis forums, some guy said he was cured. He also had the HP Bacteria and he also swallowed 3 types of medicine. So I am not the only one that is cured like this.
Don't take a Breath Test to see if you are H.Pylori positive. You MUST take an endoscopy. Breath Tests are inaccurate. And with endoscopy you can look on the screen yourself to see if you have an infection, so the doc can't fool you (If you see red spots, make sure he gets 8-10 samples of that spot and gets it checked out in the lab).
So yesterday I went to my doctor to discuss the results of my endoscopy. I indeed have the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach.
He prescribed me this medicine pack:
http://www.efarma.nl/itempics/P/ZP_14278200.JPG
This pack consists of pantoprazoltablet (Little yellow one, this one reduces stomach acid)
Amoxicillinetablet (The big white one, this one kills bacteria)
and Claritromycinetablet (Medium size greenish one, Kills bacteria too). I have to swallow these 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening.
So yesterday morning I swallowed the 3 medicine and also decided to take good care of my stomach for once in my fcking life. And bought Soup vegetables with microwave chicken (cut in pieces) and mozarella cheese and ate it all raw (except the chicken of course) in the morning . I went to work after that. At work I swallowed my other 3 tablets in the evening.
3 hours later I walk to my car and my mouth tasted different. I have a upper lip trick to smell my own breath a bit. Normally I could smell a bit of sulfur, this time I smelled absolutely nothing. I was confused and rubbed the back of my tongue with my finger, normally it smells like rotten cheese....now nothing. I went home and ate the same food as i did in the morning, brushed my teeth and before I went to bed, I checked my tongue. And it had beautiful pink color....no more white rotten color.
5 hour in the morning suddenly I woke up and rubbed my tongue again.....nothing WTF?! And still a fresh mouth too.
So this is how normal people feel huh? Some normal people don't bother brushing their teeth after they wake up when their friends come over. Now I know why, with this taste and this smell you don't have to.
Now I am cured, but of course I don't know if it is permanent or not. And Is it really the Helicobacter that is causing the halitosis or are there other bacterias in the stomach that want to be an *sshole. And what happens when I eat normal food again (Not gonna try to find that out)?
Now the people that have a acid reflux, even if it is very mild (Mine was) get an Endoscopy and try to get your hands on this medicine somehow. Use it for 1 day and please tell me the results. Use them between 08:00 - 20:00 (8 PM) 1 hour before you eat something. But there can be bad side effects like dizziness, nauseousness, diarrhea, but thats normal.
I really wanna know if this cures other people or not.
I don't just want to cure myself, I want to cure all of the stomach halitosis sufferers. If I am the only one that is cured then halitosis is still winning.
And if it comes back we will at least have something to build on further.
And some people claim they are cured and 2 days later they post that they are not sure if they are cured. Oh trust me, If you are cured you WILL KNOW. You wont even bother looking at reactions from other people.
Well I think this is one step closer to a cure for stomach halitosis sufferers.
I don't know if this will be of any help to Nasal halitosis sufferers. But trust me. Today I found out that the Cure is there. These past 12 years I thought curing this was impossible, but I swear now that it is not. We have a defect that needs to be fixed. Your cure is at the Pharmacy, but finding out which one is the cure for you is the hard part.
Anyways, I have to do this for a week (until upcoming Thursday) and then I have to wait 1 week after that to see if the Helicobacter comes back. If it is back then I will get a blood test to see if I lack antibodies for HP. I swear my doctor is an angel, doesn't give up helping me.
I will let you guys know further.
May we soon all find the damn cure!
P.S. I decided to get an endoscopy and thought I had Helicobacter, because on the French Halitosis forums, some guy said he was cured. He also had the HP Bacteria and he also swallowed 3 types of medicine. So I am not the only one that is cured like this.
Don't take a Breath Test to see if you are H.Pylori positive. You MUST take an endoscopy. Breath Tests are inaccurate. And with endoscopy you can look on the screen yourself to see if you have an infection, so the doc can't fool you (If you see red spots, make sure he gets 8-10 samples of that spot and gets it checked out in the lab).
Last edited by ThisSucks on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I need to get one myself.
Last night i was at a party, was talking for ages with no reactions then suddenly someone asked "did you shit?". I brushed it off as if someone farted but still I died inside a little. Still after that I was talking to the same person and no reaction whatsoever. Every now and then this smell must come from inside me, my breath doesn't smell bad just something coming from my insides. I hope to hear how you get along with this.
Last night i was at a party, was talking for ages with no reactions then suddenly someone asked "did you shit?". I brushed it off as if someone farted but still I died inside a little. Still after that I was talking to the same person and no reaction whatsoever. Every now and then this smell must come from inside me, my breath doesn't smell bad just something coming from my insides. I hope to hear how you get along with this.
As for acid reflux, i'm really not sure. what are the symptons you had with that?
most of the time my tongue doesn't stink, and when it does it's a very mild rubbery smell.
Like I said I don't even think my breath stinks at all as I can interact with people with no reactions. It's just sometimes this horrible shit smell just comes out when exhaling.
But sometimes I can literally taste SHIT, it feels like it's coming from the area behind the uvula where the airway is from the nose to mouth.
I am gonna visit the doctor and get this sorted once and for all, I'm gonna bring up that I'd like to have my stomach and sinuses thoroughly examined.
There's only so many times that I can pretend I actually farted. I guess I'm fortunate that my breath doesn't stink constantly and I can get away with alot of things but the fear of this smell coming out is so bad I'm so paranoid.
This thing comes and goes and absolutely frustrates me that I can't smell it when it does. For now it's a case of "damn I can smell that too" while knowing in my head it was me lol.
Please keep us updated on your case!
most of the time my tongue doesn't stink, and when it does it's a very mild rubbery smell.
Like I said I don't even think my breath stinks at all as I can interact with people with no reactions. It's just sometimes this horrible shit smell just comes out when exhaling.
But sometimes I can literally taste SHIT, it feels like it's coming from the area behind the uvula where the airway is from the nose to mouth.
I am gonna visit the doctor and get this sorted once and for all, I'm gonna bring up that I'd like to have my stomach and sinuses thoroughly examined.
There's only so many times that I can pretend I actually farted. I guess I'm fortunate that my breath doesn't stink constantly and I can get away with alot of things but the fear of this smell coming out is so bad I'm so paranoid.
This thing comes and goes and absolutely frustrates me that I can't smell it when it does. For now it's a case of "damn I can smell that too" while knowing in my head it was me lol.
Please keep us updated on your case!
My symptoms were a mild heartburn (mild pain in heart area), and a bit of stomach pain sometimes. I didn't get acid in my mouth like you would expect.
My tongue smelled like that too, but mine was not mild (but that doesn't change anything).
That shittaste, yeah had that too.
If you dont have those heartburns or stomach pain, then I don't know if you have the HP bacteria. I really hope you do have it. Just get your endoscopy first. Maybe you are one of the few people who suffers from HP with only halitosis as a symptom.
My tongue smelled like that too, but mine was not mild (but that doesn't change anything).
That shittaste, yeah had that too.
If you dont have those heartburns or stomach pain, then I don't know if you have the HP bacteria. I really hope you do have it. Just get your endoscopy first. Maybe you are one of the few people who suffers from HP with only halitosis as a symptom.
well I saw a GP today and frankly I'm fucked. all she offered me was a damn NASAL SPRAY.
I poured my heart out telling her this only occurs at random times.
Oh btw I got the "did you fart?" comment this morning, also the smell wafted to the other side of the room, the rest of the day ok. WTF IS GOING ON INSIDE ME?
My GP said she would refer me to an ENT specialist but they would only offer me nasal spray. i tried this shit before and it didn't work. so she DIDNT refer me at all.
It's like she disregarded this shit smell i speak of coming out every once in a while.
***k life.
I was going back to work in disbelief, Ii could not believe what had just happened.
I poured my heart out telling her this only occurs at random times.
Oh btw I got the "did you fart?" comment this morning, also the smell wafted to the other side of the room, the rest of the day ok. WTF IS GOING ON INSIDE ME?
My GP said she would refer me to an ENT specialist but they would only offer me nasal spray. i tried this shit before and it didn't work. so she DIDNT refer me at all.
It's like she disregarded this shit smell i speak of coming out every once in a while.
***k life.
I was going back to work in disbelief, Ii could not believe what had just happened.
Fedup, it´s very simple. Tell your GP you have a severe heartburn and sometimes stomach pain. Don´t mention Halitosis. Say you think it is caused by Helicobacter Pylori and want an ENDOSCOPY (No bloodtest or breathtest)!
And she will 99% refer you.
Don't be afraid because you think she won't believe you, because she HAS TO. If you have pain in your stomach, you have pain in your stomach. She doesn't have X-Ray vision, so she has to refer you.
Stand up for yourself. You are not paying insurance just for fun.
And she will 99% refer you.
Don't be afraid because you think she won't believe you, because she HAS TO. If you have pain in your stomach, you have pain in your stomach. She doesn't have X-Ray vision, so she has to refer you.
Stand up for yourself. You are not paying insurance just for fun.
I didn't bring up the BB I thought i'd let her figure that out but she never said nothing. She was more concerned with me picking a piece of selotape bit from her desk than anything (thats how anxious i was, pulling selotape bits from her desk surface)
I'm gonna register with another GP surgery 2morrow because I am not accepting that. she told me to come back after 2 months of nasal sprays.
this is bullshit im still furious. I just want to go to work have a laugh with people without sometimes emitting this smell.
i know i have candida as i do the spit test regurlarly. its almost as if my farts are coming out of the wrong hole of my body. it doesnt smell like fart but full on raw shit, how i loathe my life at the moment. I am contemplating quitting work while i get this issue fixed. just cheesed off atm. I just want to drink into oblivion and forget but can't.
I'm gonna register with another GP surgery 2morrow because I am not accepting that. she told me to come back after 2 months of nasal sprays.
this is bullshit im still furious. I just want to go to work have a laugh with people without sometimes emitting this smell.
i know i have candida as i do the spit test regurlarly. its almost as if my farts are coming out of the wrong hole of my body. it doesnt smell like fart but full on raw shit, how i loathe my life at the moment. I am contemplating quitting work while i get this issue fixed. just cheesed off atm. I just want to drink into oblivion and forget but can't.
-
HigherThoughts
- Advanced
- Posts: 127
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:33 pm
- Location: Los Angeles, US
Fedup I wouldn't quit your job if i were you. It might take awhile to fix it. It took me 12 years to cure myself. And If you have Candida, then I can't really help you with that, because i don't know much about it.
And HigherThoughts getting a endoscopy without insurance is gonna get expensive
. Do you have a heartburn (even if its mild) and sometimes pain in the stomach?
And HigherThoughts getting a endoscopy without insurance is gonna get expensive
Last edited by ThisSucks on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i'm in the UK so treatment is free but there's alot of waiting lists and what not to overcome so it's not all doom and gloom.
I never get stomach pains, and rarely have heartburn.
I'm only basing my candida on the spit test which I've read isn't even 100% reliable for telling about candida.
I need to approach the next doctor and lay down my plans
just process of elimination.
like I keep saying it's just so odd I can go for days then bam "damn you shit?" lol i've recently started back up on probiotics. i'm stuck.
I never get stomach pains, and rarely have heartburn.
I'm only basing my candida on the spit test which I've read isn't even 100% reliable for telling about candida.
I need to approach the next doctor and lay down my plans
just process of elimination.
like I keep saying it's just so odd I can go for days then bam "damn you shit?" lol i've recently started back up on probiotics. i'm stuck.
-
HigherThoughts
- Advanced
- Posts: 127
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:33 pm
- Location: Los Angeles, US
Hmm I don't know what kind of health insurance I can afford. I will have to work on my finances first. Could be a while before I get some money together. I don't have heartburn, but I believe I have silent acid reflux.
I have lots of moments of burping acid and sometimes even a little vomit (Gross I know). But the thing is I'm quite sure I had acid reflux problems way before my current bad breath problem. In the past I know I would get bad breath at times, but it was not chronic and it could easily be covered up by gum.
Ever since that 1 night things are way different now. Now I have a chronic problem. People smell me when I breathe through my nose from several feet away. I'm also constantly coughing up mucus and have some sinus pressure. I don't know if it's from acid reflux or some sort of infection inside.
I have lots of moments of burping acid and sometimes even a little vomit (Gross I know). But the thing is I'm quite sure I had acid reflux problems way before my current bad breath problem. In the past I know I would get bad breath at times, but it was not chronic and it could easily be covered up by gum.
Ever since that 1 night things are way different now. Now I have a chronic problem. People smell me when I breathe through my nose from several feet away. I'm also constantly coughing up mucus and have some sinus pressure. I don't know if it's from acid reflux or some sort of infection inside.
@Higher Thoughts - I am the same way as you describe. Food actually comes back up at times and can see it on my tongue. PND - I can feel this in the back of my throat and sense this is where a majority of the odor is coming from. I do not have insurance either but I am trying to get coverage. I take anit reflux meds like Nexium and Prilosec but do not have anyone that will tell me if it has reduced the odor in any way. My mom does not talk openly with me about this. She knows I am very upset about it. I also have a bottle of organic apple cider vinegar in the fridge but do not think I can take that and the anti reflux meds together. Not sure what to do. Mine used to be occasional and now is room filling chaos. I always had occasional I think - at least for a long time since age 19 or so. Maybe younger.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.