THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
May have sinus infections with no symptoms except stench
May have sinus infections with no symptoms except stench
I had been doing reailly good but I noticed I was getting sewage bad breath again. I walked in front of my fan with my mouuth closed and sewage hit me. I didnt have any other symptoms of a sinus infection but I went to the doctor and lied and said I did. The only symptom I had was sewage nose, and people reacting to me from far distances again, and not to my surprise the smell was completely gone after 10 days on the antibiotic amox. If you have nasal bb you may want to try antibiotics, though I got a yeast infection after the first pill.
If I were a man and did not have a vagina how would I have known I had a yeast infection? I wonder if some men are full of yeasst just because they have no way of really telling. SO I am wondering if I really had a sinus infection or just a build up of anaerob bacteria and why
Excuse my spelling, computer freezes after every few words, I have to restart abouit 4 times a day
If I were a man and did not have a vagina how would I have known I had a yeast infection? I wonder if some men are full of yeasst just because they have no way of really telling. SO I am wondering if I really had a sinus infection or just a build up of anaerob bacteria and why
Excuse my spelling, computer freezes after every few words, I have to restart abouit 4 times a day
The same here!
I think it's not inflammation or allergy cause the air passages are ok .. our problem is in the maxillary sinus only "its the lower room in the sinus and it is the closest one the the maxillary jaw" in some cases the bony floor of the sinus "the barrier between the oral cavity and the sinus cavity" getting PENETRATED by long teeth root of the upper teeth,so, in the oral anaerobic bacteria pass through this openings if the root infected forming abscess in the floor of the sinus and the maxillary sinus is the only room who can't discharge it's contents by the nose,so, the anaerobic bacteria take enough time to grow and the closest way to discharge is the post nasal openings which are in close to the tonsils, you may have this long root in one tooth and just in one side. i have this problem in my right side. if you suffer from this problem since childhood "9-10 years" the guilty always is the maxillary 1st molar who complete its roots at this time but if it appeared after 18 years old it may your wisdom molar or another teeth.. if you want to be sure which side is affected wash your finger and try to rub one of the post nasal openings and smell then rub the other opening with another finger and smell but don't confuse your self and rub your tonsils cause it is not the source of the stink. then tell your ENT doctor he will ask you to make TS on your sinus and the maxillary jaw the tell me what is his diagnosis and what is his best solution, please!
i'm sorry for my English "it is not my native language"
I think it's not inflammation or allergy cause the air passages are ok .. our problem is in the maxillary sinus only "its the lower room in the sinus and it is the closest one the the maxillary jaw" in some cases the bony floor of the sinus "the barrier between the oral cavity and the sinus cavity" getting PENETRATED by long teeth root of the upper teeth,so, in the oral anaerobic bacteria pass through this openings if the root infected forming abscess in the floor of the sinus and the maxillary sinus is the only room who can't discharge it's contents by the nose,so, the anaerobic bacteria take enough time to grow and the closest way to discharge is the post nasal openings which are in close to the tonsils, you may have this long root in one tooth and just in one side. i have this problem in my right side. if you suffer from this problem since childhood "9-10 years" the guilty always is the maxillary 1st molar who complete its roots at this time but if it appeared after 18 years old it may your wisdom molar or another teeth.. if you want to be sure which side is affected wash your finger and try to rub one of the post nasal openings and smell then rub the other opening with another finger and smell but don't confuse your self and rub your tonsils cause it is not the source of the stink. then tell your ENT doctor he will ask you to make TS on your sinus and the maxillary jaw the tell me what is his diagnosis and what is his best solution, please!
i'm sorry for my English "it is not my native language"
I am also questioning my sinus - I have been Dx with LPR (silent reflux) so far. I do notice post nasal drip and the odor comes from my nose and/or mouth I believe. As you did, I have at times smelled it myself when in front of a fan or a/c vent. Sometimes I can "sense" or taste the smell when my head is tilted a certain way....it smells gross. Sewage is a good way to put it. Anyhow, do you suffer from sinus conditions or are you a refluxer? How long do you get relief with the Amox?
Does anyone on here know of treatments (i.e. steroid nasal sprays, medications like perhaps mucinex) that will get this nasty post nasal drip out of my throat? Will antihistamines work even if the cause is acid reflux rather than allergies? Or could GERD be caused by allergies? I can tell you I can be detected from across a two lane road or even further by peoples nose rubs etc. I have tried nasal systems, the costly ones but nothing seems to break up this stuff. If I could find something that would at least reduce the stink I would be better. Right now I have extreme difficulty being around anyone except my mom, and even then I feel badly about it. Is the smell from the acid coming up or rather the mucous that is coming down from my sinus as a reaction to the reflux? I can feel where this stuff is, the back of my upper throat towards my sinuses. My tongue is also coated, is that from PND or reflux material? Sorry so many questions.
I think you are fortunate that you can get a break from the smell on the meds. Have you had allergy tests done? I have been reading about rhinitis etc. I would think some spray could get this stuff moving along. I just quit smoking cigarettes again today in hopes this will help. I sure want one. Going to see the family doc next week and I may ask about a spray. I am on Nexium AND Prilosec and tried taking an antihistamine a couple of times lately. Gargling with (and drinking) baking soda....may help some? Tongue brush along with that and my regular electric toothbrush, flossing etc.
How can it smell from so far away???? How far do you all get reactions?
Does anyone on here know of treatments (i.e. steroid nasal sprays, medications like perhaps mucinex) that will get this nasty post nasal drip out of my throat? Will antihistamines work even if the cause is acid reflux rather than allergies? Or could GERD be caused by allergies? I can tell you I can be detected from across a two lane road or even further by peoples nose rubs etc. I have tried nasal systems, the costly ones but nothing seems to break up this stuff. If I could find something that would at least reduce the stink I would be better. Right now I have extreme difficulty being around anyone except my mom, and even then I feel badly about it. Is the smell from the acid coming up or rather the mucous that is coming down from my sinus as a reaction to the reflux? I can feel where this stuff is, the back of my upper throat towards my sinuses. My tongue is also coated, is that from PND or reflux material? Sorry so many questions.
I think you are fortunate that you can get a break from the smell on the meds. Have you had allergy tests done? I have been reading about rhinitis etc. I would think some spray could get this stuff moving along. I just quit smoking cigarettes again today in hopes this will help. I sure want one. Going to see the family doc next week and I may ask about a spray. I am on Nexium AND Prilosec and tried taking an antihistamine a couple of times lately. Gargling with (and drinking) baking soda....may help some? Tongue brush along with that and my regular electric toothbrush, flossing etc.
How can it smell from so far away???? How far do you all get reactions?
I have the same symptoms reflux and really thick post nasal drip. My breath can also carry quite a ways. I've been struggling with it for over 20 years. Got tonsils out. Learned I had a hiatal hernia, so I blamed the reflux on that. Drs. do not recommend surgery because it can cause worse problems. I always thought I had TMAU because it all started after I started birth control, but at the same time I developed a milk allergy and sinus allergies and started getting the thick pnd. The only time I think it went away was when I was exercising a lot - running, spin class, lifting weights. I go back and forth thinking it's the pnd and the TMAU. I sway more towards the TMAU because my husband and mother cannot smell it (some people can't smell it) and the smell can very - fish, sewage, poop, smokey. I am trying to get tested finally through my doctor. I am a military wife so I move around a lot. Every 3 years I fell like I am starting over with a new doctor and no doctor has helped me so far.
The reactions to my breath are huge and so I know that the smell is really strong. The other day a lady at an aquarium smell my breath (I just breathed out a long sigh) and she thought that her grandson's hands smelled from holding the crabs. He just kept looking at me while she poured hand sanitizer on his hands and said, "You smell." I knew he wanted to tell her it was me. As we approached the area with the crabs I kept thinking, "I hope they smell, I hope they smell." The crabs didn't smell like anything. It ruined my day.
The reactions to my breath are huge and so I know that the smell is really strong. The other day a lady at an aquarium smell my breath (I just breathed out a long sigh) and she thought that her grandson's hands smelled from holding the crabs. He just kept looking at me while she poured hand sanitizer on his hands and said, "You smell." I knew he wanted to tell her it was me. As we approached the area with the crabs I kept thinking, "I hope they smell, I hope they smell." The crabs didn't smell like anything. It ruined my day.
Yes I have deviated septum and sinusitis, Im prescribed a nose spray for sinusitis but I dont trust pharmaceuticals so I would rather not take mediine unless I desperately need it.
Tired, I had experiences like your aquarium experience all the time before getting my tonsils out. it was fecal, rotten egg and traveled very far with my mouth closed.
Im a lot better now, I have been drinking artesian water because it has more oxygen and I plan on getting a ozonator as soon as I can afford a good one. From what I understand too little oxygen can lead to a lot of problems and the fact that most of us probably live with our mouth closed, indoors without deep breathing leads me to believe oxygenation can help. I have a whole list of things that I have gathered from this site and would like to try once I can afford it
Tired, I had experiences like your aquarium experience all the time before getting my tonsils out. it was fecal, rotten egg and traveled very far with my mouth closed.
Im a lot better now, I have been drinking artesian water because it has more oxygen and I plan on getting a ozonator as soon as I can afford a good one. From what I understand too little oxygen can lead to a lot of problems and the fact that most of us probably live with our mouth closed, indoors without deep breathing leads me to believe oxygenation can help. I have a whole list of things that I have gathered from this site and would like to try once I can afford it
Yes, the gastric reflux affects throat and sinus membranes but it is the sever reflux "when the gastric acid raises to your throat continuously" and it is a rare case appears in pregnancy or the congenital weakness of the upper and lower esophageal sphincters, anyway, you can try proton bump inhibitor like "Omeprazole" to stop the gastric acid production.
If you want to test your breath asking someone don't say "huuh" cause you don't use your sinus like that, you can talk loudly in a close distance to let them judge your breath right!
If you assured that reflux is not the cause and assume the stink from your tonsils or the back of your tongue or your teeth so rinse and gargle with a diluted hydrogen peroxide, it must gives you at LEAST 2 hours of fresh breath, if not and if your oral hygiene is ok and you don't suffer from up-normal body odors but the BB still exist and become more strong when you SPEAK, so the guilty is your sinus which act as bacteria and pus factory supplying your back of the tongue and tonsils and throat, so they give you false indicators. don't confuse your your self and concentrate your efforts on the root cause in your sinus!
If you want to test your breath asking someone don't say "huuh" cause you don't use your sinus like that, you can talk loudly in a close distance to let them judge your breath right!
If you assured that reflux is not the cause and assume the stink from your tonsils or the back of your tongue or your teeth so rinse and gargle with a diluted hydrogen peroxide, it must gives you at LEAST 2 hours of fresh breath, if not and if your oral hygiene is ok and you don't suffer from up-normal body odors but the BB still exist and become more strong when you SPEAK, so the guilty is your sinus which act as bacteria and pus factory supplying your back of the tongue and tonsils and throat, so they give you false indicators. don't confuse your your self and concentrate your efforts on the root cause in your sinus!
Tired - so you say the PND reduced or went away upon exercising? Did the bad breath go or reduce as well? I have heard that lifting etc can make reflux even worse so I haven't been doing it. I sure miss it. I have been an avid weightlifter (I am a woman and was going to compete in fitness comp), but have not been lifting due to this breath. Would working out get rid of the mucous? I love working out and can work out like a maniac.
As far as bad breath, I think I had it to some degree before, but not like this. I can feel a fizzy sensation in the back upper portion of my throat, this must be whatever contents are coming up. I was told I did not have a hiatal hernia via CAT scan. I swear people can react outdoors from across the street, maybe 40 feet with the wind blowing my way, not even in their direction. Is this really possible? I cannot smell, for instance, a pile of dog feces from any distance. How does this go so far?
I feel like I am losing my mind today over this. It got this bad around Dec of last year, prior I was busy making plans for college and new job. I am 41 years old. Everything was going the best it ever had and then this bb went crazy on me. Crying today about this - depression to the max. I have applied for disability due to my depression and anxiety. I do not know what else to do or how I will make it. In the kind of work I do, I worked in an office setting, this would not work. I tried and I had the worst panic attack ever with the reactions and some comments. I looked great, had on my perfume, but I was making people's eyes water. I got so anxiety ridden my mouth turned dry, my lips chapped and my hands were shaking. Anyone here on SSDI?
Tired or anyone - can you taste the nasty mucous and tell that is has a smell by the taste you get? Why can't the docs give us medicine to get rid of this PND? Even if reflux causes it, I want to know if there is anything that will make it go away. I have a sinus irrigation system, a very good one and it does not seem to get rid of that white sticky stuff, also clear mucous and this is in my nose and throat and mouth. Sometimes I see it when I blow my nose. It is very sticky and seems tough to get rid of. Ideas anyone? I have been taking Omeprazole, now added Nexium and I still reflux like crazy and have the PND. If these are not working, does the problem lie elsewhere? I do not have insurance at this time so I cannot frequent doctor/spec office. I hope this changes in the near future. What about a steriod nasal spray? Normally, I would not want to take something like that, but under these conditions, I will do anything it takes. Just having a really bad day today, though writing here sometimes helps.
I saw Jimi put a sticky about stem cells. Is this something even being looked into? Are there any labs working on our problem? You would think if they can grow a sheep in a test tube and do organ transplants, they could help with this horrible condition that takes so much from us. I had a great dream last night, then I woke up this morning. Normally, I have nightmares about the bb. Sometimes I feel like this is all a bad dream and keep waiting to wake up. I am tired of seeing commercials about toothpaste, mouthwash, odors of any kind for air fresheners....can anyone relate to this?
Do refluxing people ever get cured here? I also have some possible liver problems but my last liver panel was okay.
As far as bad breath, I think I had it to some degree before, but not like this. I can feel a fizzy sensation in the back upper portion of my throat, this must be whatever contents are coming up. I was told I did not have a hiatal hernia via CAT scan. I swear people can react outdoors from across the street, maybe 40 feet with the wind blowing my way, not even in their direction. Is this really possible? I cannot smell, for instance, a pile of dog feces from any distance. How does this go so far?
I feel like I am losing my mind today over this. It got this bad around Dec of last year, prior I was busy making plans for college and new job. I am 41 years old. Everything was going the best it ever had and then this bb went crazy on me. Crying today about this - depression to the max. I have applied for disability due to my depression and anxiety. I do not know what else to do or how I will make it. In the kind of work I do, I worked in an office setting, this would not work. I tried and I had the worst panic attack ever with the reactions and some comments. I looked great, had on my perfume, but I was making people's eyes water. I got so anxiety ridden my mouth turned dry, my lips chapped and my hands were shaking. Anyone here on SSDI?
Tired or anyone - can you taste the nasty mucous and tell that is has a smell by the taste you get? Why can't the docs give us medicine to get rid of this PND? Even if reflux causes it, I want to know if there is anything that will make it go away. I have a sinus irrigation system, a very good one and it does not seem to get rid of that white sticky stuff, also clear mucous and this is in my nose and throat and mouth. Sometimes I see it when I blow my nose. It is very sticky and seems tough to get rid of. Ideas anyone? I have been taking Omeprazole, now added Nexium and I still reflux like crazy and have the PND. If these are not working, does the problem lie elsewhere? I do not have insurance at this time so I cannot frequent doctor/spec office. I hope this changes in the near future. What about a steriod nasal spray? Normally, I would not want to take something like that, but under these conditions, I will do anything it takes. Just having a really bad day today, though writing here sometimes helps.
I saw Jimi put a sticky about stem cells. Is this something even being looked into? Are there any labs working on our problem? You would think if they can grow a sheep in a test tube and do organ transplants, they could help with this horrible condition that takes so much from us. I had a great dream last night, then I woke up this morning. Normally, I have nightmares about the bb. Sometimes I feel like this is all a bad dream and keep waiting to wake up. I am tired of seeing commercials about toothpaste, mouthwash, odors of any kind for air fresheners....can anyone relate to this?
Do refluxing people ever get cured here? I also have some possible liver problems but my last liver panel was okay.
Hey, Omeprazole doesn't stop reflux, it prevents the gastric hydrochloric acid production so, it prevents the side effects of the acidic reflux like heartburn and the acidic steam which affect your mucous membranes in esophagus, throat, sinus and internal ear and the metallic taste in your mouth then, the reflux will be inoffensive. If you meant that you take Omeprazole and your stomach still secrete HCL you can increase the concentration from Omeprazole 20 to 40 and 2 tablets per day instead of one. To stop reflux at all there is a surgery to support the lower sphincter of the esophagus, but it has side effects and not necessary if you could treat the harmful acidity in the gastric juice!thissux wrote: Ideas anyone? I have been taking Omeprazole, now added Nexium and I still reflux like crazy and have the PND.
Hi Noway - I have been taking two Omneprazole for six months daily and still having the breath issues. I think it has helped with the lump sensation in my throat, but now I feel like I have more PND. My breath fills a room and it is wrecking my social and work life, what was my social and work life. I'm lonely and afraid of the future. I am single so I do not have a husband to try to help figure these things out.
Is there medication that will clear out this PND from the acid reflux, aside from PPI's etc. Like a nasal spray? Do I have some type of sinus infection because of the reflux, is that causing the smell? Do I have TMAU? I do not know how it can smell so bad from so far. I'm stumped.
Is there medication that will clear out this PND from the acid reflux, aside from PPI's etc. Like a nasal spray? Do I have some type of sinus infection because of the reflux, is that causing the smell? Do I have TMAU? I do not know how it can smell so bad from so far. I'm stumped.
I think anti-histamine drugs will help you to dry your sinus and prevent the excess mucous secretion which cause the post nasal drip, but it causes dry mouth too, so, you need to drink plenty of water to wash your tounge, tonsils and throat instead of saliva!thissux wrote:Hi Noway - I have been taking two Omneprazole for six months daily and still having the breath issues. I think it has helped with the lump sensation in my throat, but now I feel like I have more PND. My breath fills a room and it is wrecking my social and work life, what was my social and work life. I'm lonely and afraid of the future. I am single so I do not have a husband to try to help figure these things out.
Is there medication that will clear out this PND from the acid reflux, aside from PPI's etc. Like a nasal spray? Do I have some type of sinus infection because of the reflux, is that causing the smell? Do I have TMAU? I do not know how it can smell so bad from so far. I'm stumped.
Go get C.T P.N.S and panoramic radiography for your maxillary jaw then show them to the dentist and ENT specialist, maybe the source of infection is an abscess in some of your teeth roots and discharges its pus in your maxillary sinus.meowkity1 wrote:I have absolutely no hair in my nose, and isnt hair supposed to trap pathogens from getting into our body. I also never ever burp and I never get heartburn
Anti-biotic works = anaerobic bacteria is the guilty
anaerobic bacteria ==> anaerobic place to grow
if your air pass-ways are ok, so, what is the source of this anaerobic bacteria infection?!!
Believe me, sinus allergy without anaerobic bacteria infection = no bad breath
-
HigherThoughts
- Advanced
- Posts: 127
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:33 pm
- Location: Los Angeles, US
I also have a nasal smell and I believe I have developed sinusitis because I feel a pressure in my sinuses many times throughout the day. Also some days I get a nasty brown mucus from my sinus and I read that this color is due to mucus mixed with blood.
I saw an ENT about 2 months ago and he only saw a slightly inflamed sinus but nothing else. I don't know if my sinusitis is caused by acid reflux or some bacterial/fungal infection. I ordered metronidazole so I will see if that helps when I get it.
Also I believe proton pump inhibitors are not good for treating acid reflux. I have taken omeprazole before and basically if you stop cold turkey symptoms will come back worse then before. They are designed to make you dependent on them. Here is a website I found that has more information about acid reflux: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... -Much.aspx
I believe there must be better ways to treat acid reflux.
I saw an ENT about 2 months ago and he only saw a slightly inflamed sinus but nothing else. I don't know if my sinusitis is caused by acid reflux or some bacterial/fungal infection. I ordered metronidazole so I will see if that helps when I get it.
Also I believe proton pump inhibitors are not good for treating acid reflux. I have taken omeprazole before and basically if you stop cold turkey symptoms will come back worse then before. They are designed to make you dependent on them. Here is a website I found that has more information about acid reflux: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... -Much.aspx
I believe there must be better ways to treat acid reflux.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.