THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Room Filling Bad Breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
thissux
Advanced
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Room Filling Bad Breath

Post by thissux »

Hi to all,
My breath went from sometimes bad to full on room filling halitosis late last year. I started drinking alcohol as I was under stress and then it kicked in and I drank because of it -I had stopped for quite a long time as it was a problem for me. It is so embarrassing - like getting on a bus. In a minute I will notice nose rubs etc. I went to a smaller play and the whole room was rubbing their noses after a short while. I was told I have LPR reflux. I have what I believe is a very bad crown. When I was younger I was always on antibiotics....metro for the most part. Does the reflux really cause this or just aggravate the problem? I have to go out to eat tonight with family and do not want to go, but I am obligated to go. It's embarrassing to say the least. I get nervous and probably make it worse.
I am on acid reflux meds. I wish I could tell how bad it is and when. I can only smell it sometimes, very rare. I see people do get cured and there is hope. Saw the post about a woman that had full recovery after menopause due to surgery. Is this hormones? My sinuses are clogged up alot - even with reflux, could there be a prescription nasal spray that may help? I am going to see my family doctor next week. He is aware of my problem and said he did smell it. Anyone with success in reduction of bb with reflux that can help me out? What is with room filling bad breath from nose and mouth, ugh. Thank you!
Music Lady
Advanced
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:16 pm

Post by Music Lady »

Thissux I have the exact same problem. The smell comes through nose and mouth and fills up an entire room. My co-worker last week asked to be moved to another space because the smell is so strong. Are you female? My smell gets ten times stronger during menstruation. It's very sad and heartbreaking this problem.

I've tried every Gerd medicine in the book at doctors suggestion: Nexium I took for six months, Prilosec, Zantac, Protonix... All of them. I even took probiotics for a long while. They made smell worse. I've been told I have excessive inflammation. I think that's what's causing this.  I tried taken Hcl betaine tablets once and by the third day I had severe chest and stomach pain. Have you tried those tabs? 

Theres enough proof that this comes from my stomach but the docs claim nothing comes from the stomach tests except excessive inflammation. The endoscopy they claim shows nothing.

Maybe the doctor that posts on this board often can shed some light on our situation??
thissux
Advanced
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Post by thissux »

Hi Music Lady and all,
Yes, I've tried Prilosec for six months, Now on Nexium and Prilosec. Breath is still bad. Sometimes when I eat certain things I get a runny nose, like clear mucous. It must come from my sinuses as it comes out of mouth and nose. It's really hard because I cannot even go somewhere and not talk - shopping for instance. Sometimes trouble breathing out of nose, in particular at night.
I have not tried HCL tablets....though I have some ACV - organic with mother in it but have not tried going off the medication and try to do that alone. I just do not know what to do. Should I try that? What about a nasal spray to clear up the sinuses....will this work on people that are told they have "reflux"? I am seeing the doctor next week. I find it hard to believe that an ENT could not treat this problem or get rid of the smell. There has to be some type of infection taking place, otherwise it would not smell. Am I right? Does everyone with LPR reflux have bad breath?
What do you mean by excessive inflammation? In your stomach? Like "Gastritis"? I am told I have this and yes I have some digestive issues. Sometimes I wonder if this foul off color stools are from taking so many PPI's for such a long time. Am I not digesting my food?
Music Lady - so what did Endoscopy show? Reflux damage, stomach damage? How were you Dx with reflux? Is it the silent type? I take probiotics, charcoal capsules, multivitamins, PPI's, B12, Folic Acid among others. I have alot of what is called "water brash" - thick saliva coming up into my mouth. I take and gargle baking soda though I do not know how well this works. I cannot tell how strong it is from time to time and do not have a machine that will check it. Not sure if it is stronger during my period (sorry guys) but if it is, when I stop and go through menopause, will this stop? How can you tell how bad it is?
All the best, thissux
User avatar
FedUp
God
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by FedUp »

i only ever filled a room out once which was coming from my nasal way. since then i don't think i've filled a room out.

i've had a good weekend, been out with friends. literally shouting in peoples faces with no reactions (clubs and bars are loud so i gotta speak up and get closer). this pretty much confirms i don't have bad breath, i think just a stomach issue where every once in a while this horrid shit smell just seems to escape me. other than that i don't know. i think personally i need to stop being so paranoid, every face touch isn't a reaction to me.

it's just the worst, cos the day i filled a room with my nasal shit i could not smell a thing and my friend was nearly dying turning a fan on lol
thissux
Advanced
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Post by thissux »

FedUp - hello, so you have beat your bad breath? If so, can you tell me how you have reduced it or beat it and what the cause was or what you feel it was? I get nose rubs and throat clearing all of the time, every time. Thanks! thissux
User avatar
FedUp
God
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by FedUp »

i think 80% of my breath is paranoia. before i found out about tonsil stones and knew my tongue stunk i was fine, never got no reactions at all. last year i went to a music festival and didnt brush my teeth or mouthwash for 3 straight days and was still talking to some girls in the crowd with no reaction. it's only when i started looking for reactions i got them. paranoia is a powerful thing.

but this shit smell does come from sometimes, so i'm wondering if theres a serious stomach issue. i'm getting a blood test done tomorrow, hopefully something will come of it. even if i do not have fresh minty breath it isnt enough for people to wince or back off, cos i was talking right in their faces, well shouting and nothing.

now i gotta get back to how i used to be, just happy and getting drunk as hell without worry lol my tongue hasn't stunk in ages, even rarely i get a very very light scent which i can live with.

so lets see how it goes for me.
thissux
Advanced
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Post by thissux »

I have alot of paranoia however I think my breath is really and truly very bad. I think it may be worse when I get nervous, which is in every social interaction. I have stomach problems (digestive) and some kind of reflux that includes the sensation of bubbles in the back of my throat. I believe I have at least one poorly installed crown and do not know if this has something to do with it. Good for you on getting out there and having some fun. I sure do miss that myself!!! Glad you are doing so well and hope you enjoy it. Thanks for posting the reply.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗