I just called 3M at 800-328-1667 (hit option1). Location is in the US. The gentleman I spoke to was very nice. I told him of our issues...bad breath going out, not odors coming in. He said they have a current mask, the fitted sort that you might see people wear with allergies, however this unit/model number is 3M 8247. He advised that this mask is used oftentimes by people that hunt deer as deer can smell breath, bad or even mild and it spooks them so the hunter misses his catch. When thinking of a deer, they have a long nose like a dog and I bet they can smell tons of things. It has a carbon filter and is "fitted" to your face, not like the medical sort that are open on the sides. More of a cup style that contours to the face. I think this might be worth looking into folks.
I have room filling bad breath, the kind that can hit at at least 20-30 feet maybe more and we are talking outdoors. I want a permanent cure, in the meantime though, I want to at least be able to function much more. Go to the gym, go to the movies, meet with friends and family, attend school or work. Heck for all I know people will assume I have very bad allergies.....at least they may not rub their nose or cough or clear their throat. I'll take that over what I have now. I am going to order some of these. If anyone else, particularly us room fillers, perhaps you would be willing to try this with me. We could see if it works and relay our information. If it works, at least we can say hello to people and talk. That would be a blessing.
If not, they have a suggestion box that we could use for new products, perhaps one just for people like us. It could be lucrative for them and I did talk to him about that as well.
Jimi - do you want to speak with them? You know your stuff. Perhaps we could try these and if not, maybe they could custom one - there are a lot of people like us that live in isolation (me included) unless I must go out.
I also asked about them starting new products. While we look for our cure, can't we have some relief? Gum doesn't work. What about this? It's not about rinse with this or that, gargle for however long and still have the smell.
Is anyone interested in trying out a mask like this? Please respond, particularly if you have room filling dragon breath. This could be something everyone. Let's pray it is. He it is at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/3M-8247-Particula ... B00065UJ82
Wishing us all the best, thissux
