THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
How to Get Tested Without a Doctor's Order
-
HigherThoughts
- Advanced
- Posts: 127
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:33 pm
- Location: Los Angeles, US
How to Get Tested Without a Doctor's Order
This is for people who live in the US. If you need some simple tests run, but you can't see a doctor for some reason, here is a great way to get tested.
I just got a blood test for h. pylori through this method.
First you go to this site: https://www.accesalabs.com/
To make sure there is a lab near your area, you can use the find a lab link. You just type in your zip code and it will find all the labs near you.
Find the test you need and order it. You do the payments online with your credit card. It is secure so you do not need to worry. You will go directly to the lab in person to get the tests done.
After you pay for your test they will send you an email with an electronic number. Just print out this email, and then you can schedule an appointment with a lab near you. Then just go into the lab with your printout. It is all paid for online so you do not need to pay anything extra at the lab.
They partner with a company called lab corp. Lab corp is a very big company and they do lab work for doctors and are typically in a lot of hospital buildings all around the US. This is a very real and great way to get your tests ordered.
So if you want to take a simple blood test or whatever this is great way if a doctor doesn't want to put in the test order for you.
DISCLAIMER: This is not meant for you to self-treat yourself. If you get results that indicate you have a medical problem see a doctor for treatments! It is important to talk to doctors for real medical advice and treatments. Just use this for simple tests.
My experience: I ordered the h. pylori blood test online. They only work weekdays so since I ordered on a Sunday, my order was processed Monday morning. I printed out the email with my electronic number. I then made an appointment with a lab in a big hospital building. It was only 4 miles away from me. I went into the lab with all my papers and signed in. As soon as I signed in I was told to go into one of the rooms. A lady came in and took my blood and that was it. It only took 5 minutes for them to take my blood and I was out on my way. I get the results in 2 days. They will email the results to me. So now I am just waiting to see my results.
I just got a blood test for h. pylori through this method.
First you go to this site: https://www.accesalabs.com/
To make sure there is a lab near your area, you can use the find a lab link. You just type in your zip code and it will find all the labs near you.
Find the test you need and order it. You do the payments online with your credit card. It is secure so you do not need to worry. You will go directly to the lab in person to get the tests done.
After you pay for your test they will send you an email with an electronic number. Just print out this email, and then you can schedule an appointment with a lab near you. Then just go into the lab with your printout. It is all paid for online so you do not need to pay anything extra at the lab.
They partner with a company called lab corp. Lab corp is a very big company and they do lab work for doctors and are typically in a lot of hospital buildings all around the US. This is a very real and great way to get your tests ordered.
So if you want to take a simple blood test or whatever this is great way if a doctor doesn't want to put in the test order for you.
DISCLAIMER: This is not meant for you to self-treat yourself. If you get results that indicate you have a medical problem see a doctor for treatments! It is important to talk to doctors for real medical advice and treatments. Just use this for simple tests.
My experience: I ordered the h. pylori blood test online. They only work weekdays so since I ordered on a Sunday, my order was processed Monday morning. I printed out the email with my electronic number. I then made an appointment with a lab in a big hospital building. It was only 4 miles away from me. I went into the lab with all my papers and signed in. As soon as I signed in I was told to go into one of the rooms. A lady came in and took my blood and that was it. It only took 5 minutes for them to take my blood and I was out on my way. I get the results in 2 days. They will email the results to me. So now I am just waiting to see my results.
-
HigherThoughts
- Advanced
- Posts: 127
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:33 pm
- Location: Los Angeles, US
Wow I'm surprised results came back very quick. I just got the results in my email, and guess what? I am h. pylori positive.
my Flag rating is high at 8.0
Here is how the blood tests are read:
Negative: <0.9
Indeterminate: 0.9 - 1.0
Positive: >1.0
My reading says >8.0 HIGH
I will get the treatments for this and I really really hope that this is the cause for my problem. It is possible there are other causes for my problem and not just this. I have some hope in getting some treatment now, but my battle is not over yet!!
my Flag rating is high at 8.0
Here is how the blood tests are read:
Negative: <0.9
Indeterminate: 0.9 - 1.0
Positive: >1.0
My reading says >8.0 HIGH
I will get the treatments for this and I really really hope that this is the cause for my problem. It is possible there are other causes for my problem and not just this. I have some hope in getting some treatment now, but my battle is not over yet!!
-
snoopsister
- Sheriff
- Posts: 304
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:12 am
-
Music Lady
- Advanced
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:16 pm
The breath test is $120 -- more expensive. I think I'm gonna try it -- what've I got to lose.
Snoop sister -- you click on where it has the 'Testing starts at $50' (big red sign). You'll get a list of all the tests they offer.
I'm very close to a hospital -- hoping the lab is there.
Thanks for posting this Higher thought!
Snoop sister -- you click on where it has the 'Testing starts at $50' (big red sign). You'll get a list of all the tests they offer.
I'm very close to a hospital -- hoping the lab is there.
Thanks for posting this Higher thought!
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Would you say that link someone posted ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/HELICOBACTER-PY ... 5488952%26 ) is a good test? The link says heliobacter pylori, but the description on the item specifically says 'stomach ulcer test'halitosisux wrote:A $5 h.pylori self-testing kit is no different to the test they do, and just as reliable.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Yes, Mike. If it's a stomach ulcer test kit that mentions helicobacter pylori, then it's a test for the presense of HP antibodies in the blood. These test kits are just as accurate for detecting negative results as any other test for helicobacter. The reason why other methods are sometimes preferred is because antibody tests can sometimes give false positive results - if you've had helicobacter in the past for example.
But if you use one of these kits, they are a very reliable way to find out whether you do NOT have helicobacter. If the result is positive, then you go to your doctor for further advice.
Using this lab to test helicobacter is pure waste of money.
But if you use one of these kits, they are a very reliable way to find out whether you do NOT have helicobacter. If the result is positive, then you go to your doctor for further advice.
Using this lab to test helicobacter is pure waste of money.
H. Pylori Breath Testing
I tried out that website and had a good experience. FYI, the H. Pylori tests are here:
www.accesalabs.com/toxin
The kits seem sketchy. Has anyone had experience with the Lactose Intolerance testing from Genova?
www.accesalabs.com/toxin
The kits seem sketchy. Has anyone had experience with the Lactose Intolerance testing from Genova?
-
Music Lady
- Advanced
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:16 pm
I'm trying the urea breath test this time that's why I'm doing it.
I saw a very reputable doctor recently who said since I hadn't tested for 3 years I should definitely test again. (That test 3 yrs ago was negative).
The doc told me my symptoms strongly indicate I have a stomach problem (lower abdominal pain, pain in side, black stool, mucous in stool, occasional ammonia smell in private area, dry patch in middle of tongue, severe bloating (all the time), bb worst during menstruation...
Stomach exercises, stomach crunches especially changes the odor from fecal smelly sock to rotten egg.
I water fasted 2 months ago for 11 days. Smell never left for 1 day even.
I saw a very reputable doctor recently who said since I hadn't tested for 3 years I should definitely test again. (That test 3 yrs ago was negative).
The doc told me my symptoms strongly indicate I have a stomach problem (lower abdominal pain, pain in side, black stool, mucous in stool, occasional ammonia smell in private area, dry patch in middle of tongue, severe bloating (all the time), bb worst during menstruation...
Stomach exercises, stomach crunches especially changes the odor from fecal smelly sock to rotten egg.
I water fasted 2 months ago for 11 days. Smell never left for 1 day even.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.