How to "convince" the new ENT to perform tonsillectomy. I have an appointment on Wednesday, already one refused to do it solely based on stones alone.
Someone said to say I suffer from tonsillitis 8 times a year, but can the ENT see if you are lying or not?
I am going to say I have stones which is causing bb, but oh god I don't want to mess it up and pay another freaking consultant fee for the ENT to reject me.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
"convincing" the ENT to remove tonsils
- Born To Suffer
- Master
- Posts: 219
- Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:59 pm
It comes down to the ENT.
I went to see an ENT consultant last week and I was talking about tonsil stones, the constant lump in the throat sensation.
I was rooting for a tonsillectomy (to which i did not bring up) but to my surprise he said well I can remove your tonsils to get rid of the stone problem. He asked if I had tonsillitis this year and I said yes (which i did a few months ago). but I didn't even have to lay it on thick to him of how i'm suffering. I saw him privately, i'm still waiting on my GP referral to see him again on the NHS. I was told it would be 2-3 weeks before I see him and maybe 3 months before the surgery itself.
It all comes down to the consultant... but lay it on thick.
I'm also gonna get my sinuses seen to at the same time. my odor seems to be ten times worse through my nose. I'm hoping it's something simple he can fix.
btw I take it you're from the UK?
I went to see an ENT consultant last week and I was talking about tonsil stones, the constant lump in the throat sensation.
I was rooting for a tonsillectomy (to which i did not bring up) but to my surprise he said well I can remove your tonsils to get rid of the stone problem. He asked if I had tonsillitis this year and I said yes (which i did a few months ago). but I didn't even have to lay it on thick to him of how i'm suffering. I saw him privately, i'm still waiting on my GP referral to see him again on the NHS. I was told it would be 2-3 weeks before I see him and maybe 3 months before the surgery itself.
It all comes down to the consultant... but lay it on thick.
I'm also gonna get my sinuses seen to at the same time. my odor seems to be ten times worse through my nose. I'm hoping it's something simple he can fix.
btw I take it you're from the UK?
Repeated bouts of tonsillitis will cause scars and larger crypts. The ENT specialist will see by the appearance of your tonsils how bad they are and if its essential they need to come out on the NHS. I suffered 4-5 bad sore throats a year. The ENT took one look and said they gotta come out. He mentioned the scarring. They came out but my Bad Breath remains 
-
time4change
- Junior
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:23 pm
Fedup,
Hey was just wondering how you managed to get ENT on nhs?? I'm still having difficulties!
Did you pay private and if the specialist said you need a tonsillectomy then the NHS would pay? Or did the nhs agree to tonsillectomy?
Mine stink and have big crypts on my right tonsil and get tonsil stones, but have never had tonsillitis or anything. Good luck anyway
Hey was just wondering how you managed to get ENT on nhs?? I'm still having difficulties!
Did you pay private and if the specialist said you need a tonsillectomy then the NHS would pay? Or did the nhs agree to tonsillectomy?
Mine stink and have big crypts on my right tonsil and get tonsil stones, but have never had tonsillitis or anything. Good luck anyway
Well I saw the Dr privately for a fee.
but then he asked if i wanted to do this privately or on the NHS. this consultant works at the hospital I work at.
so I said NHS because I can't afford to go privately. not without a payment plan anyway.
but he wrote a letter to my GP and i'm still waiting on word whether my GP has referred me to see him through the NHS.
but i'm just a little worried now my GP's will be a bitch and not refer me for it.
but how could they go against the word of the surgeon who said he will do it with no problems.
several GP's have said to me "well people have bad breath" "tonsillectomies are only done rarely now" ****ing idiots.
Ii think it's basically down to the consultant, if you get a nice one then it's all great but if you get a nasal spray anti biotic dispensing idiot then its awful.
but then he asked if i wanted to do this privately or on the NHS. this consultant works at the hospital I work at.
so I said NHS because I can't afford to go privately. not without a payment plan anyway.
but he wrote a letter to my GP and i'm still waiting on word whether my GP has referred me to see him through the NHS.
but i'm just a little worried now my GP's will be a bitch and not refer me for it.
but how could they go against the word of the surgeon who said he will do it with no problems.
several GP's have said to me "well people have bad breath" "tonsillectomies are only done rarely now" ****ing idiots.
Ii think it's basically down to the consultant, if you get a nice one then it's all great but if you get a nasal spray anti biotic dispensing idiot then its awful.
- Born To Suffer
- Master
- Posts: 219
- Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:59 pm
"several GP's have said to me "well people have bad breath" "tonsillectomies are only done rarely now" ****ing idiots. "
LOL!
Nah I'm not from the UK. Anyhoo, my appointment is tomorrow I guess I'll try to make something up =/
Hm.. did it at least bring down bb a bit? I don't want to go through pain for nothing."They came out but my Bad Breath remains"
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.