THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
New UK Petition needs signatures
New UK Petition needs signatures
Bugsy, a new young member of our community has taken the trouble to create a petition to ask the government to recognise TMAU as a disabling condition. I think this is a brilliant idea and will lead to all other odour disorders being taken more seriously. I am going to sign it right now and will get everyone I else know to sign it as well. Please support this initiative and force the powers that be to take these odour conditions more seriously.
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/42219
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/42219
UK BB/BO PETITION
I posted this in Facebook and found that out Mike .
If there are 10,000 signatures from the UK alone , I may have to move there
Anyone in the UK ,Please Please sign

If there are 10,000 signatures from the UK alone , I may have to move there
Anyone in the UK ,Please Please sign
ONLY 74 SIGNATURES SO FAR!!!!
I am about to e-mail the link above to 50+ people. I'm sure if we Brits all make such an effort that the numbers can be boosted. It doesn't matter if we don't reach the target amount of signatures: the higher the number of supporters we have, the more seriously these disorders will be taken.
I think we all need to make a better effort now that the UK is starting to respond, especially if we are to raise the £100,000 needed by MEBO to match the UK's Medical Research Grant of £100,00. The MRC's grant will fund research into helping us. It will focus on TMAU initially but this is a start and, hopefully, their findings (maybe they will take samples of the gut bacteria in some sufferers) will flag up something which all metabolic odour sufferers have in common.
I am about to e-mail the link above to 50+ people. I'm sure if we Brits all make such an effort that the numbers can be boosted. It doesn't matter if we don't reach the target amount of signatures: the higher the number of supporters we have, the more seriously these disorders will be taken.
I think we all need to make a better effort now that the UK is starting to respond, especially if we are to raise the £100,000 needed by MEBO to match the UK's Medical Research Grant of £100,00. The MRC's grant will fund research into helping us. It will focus on TMAU initially but this is a start and, hopefully, their findings (maybe they will take samples of the gut bacteria in some sufferers) will flag up something which all metabolic odour sufferers have in common.
- Shit4Breath
- Advanced
- Posts: 190
- Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:11 pm
I thought it is only right to let you all be aware when signing these petitions, your name will be associated with it because it is considered public record. Which means anyone can google and see your name on the petition. When I signed my name for Mebo's last petition I was mortified when some months later when I googled my own name and this petition along with the name of ALL the signers were listed on the FIRST page. I contacted Mebo by email and then had to call to get my name removed off of the list. Thought I'd just give those who are particular about what their name is associated with a heads up. I probably should have said something when I first found out but didn't even think about it again until now. But we do need signatures for research to hopefully cure this thing so maybe intials will do.
right . some folks want us to post our pictures on this bb forum .
to each his/her own . Right ? Luckily ,these petitions don't verify actual names really. I signed mebo's with my forum name , 'Debbo' .
Unfortunately ,this one requires us to be in the UK
or it would have tons more signatures .
so ,if you in the UK pls sign
.
to each his/her own . Right ? Luckily ,these petitions don't verify actual names really. I signed mebo's with my forum name , 'Debbo' .
Unfortunately ,this one requires us to be in the UK
so ,if you in the UK pls sign
.
- Shit4Breath
- Advanced
- Posts: 190
- Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:11 pm
Not going against anything suggested on this site it's pretty much secret here. No one knows about bbh.com unless they are actually searching for it in particular. But I personally looked up my name because I had a job interview and I know alot of companies now a days google search employees to search social medias so if you're job searching be aware of that. To each its own I just think everyone should have a choice in those matters. Maybe first intial and last name will do.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.