THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
How to get a 100% accurate breath test - please help
-
time4change
- Junior
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:23 pm
I merely commented that I thought it was an ignorant thing to say, you were the one that started using stupid emoticons. I just think if you are rude enough to insinuate that my breath is caused by my smoking then you could have made the effort to either do some research or communicate your opinion in a more polite way.
It's not the fact that I disagree with your opinion, I disagree with your approach and lack of research. And my response was no more rude than yours.
I am not living in denial, yet again making ridiculous judgements. And smoking is not the reason I smell. Clearly you have some kind of mental and learning difficulties, I should be the one feeling sorry for you.
It's not the fact that I disagree with your opinion, I disagree with your approach and lack of research. And my response was no more rude than yours.
I am not living in denial, yet again making ridiculous judgements. And smoking is not the reason I smell. Clearly you have some kind of mental and learning difficulties, I should be the one feeling sorry for you.
-
time4change
- Junior
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:23 pm
I've also quit smoking for a while, and it made no difference. Back when my sense of smell was good I could smell my friends breaths after they had smoked, and it usually smelt like an ashtray, yet I wouldn't class it as halitosis at all.Sickandtired wrote:Ok, let me share my experience.
I stopped smoking for a period of time after my tonsilectomy. -No improvement at all.
Redmeat and eggs, dairy, sugar etc.- few times i changed my diet and my BB situation haven't change a bit. Right now I'm on different diet and still, everything is the same.
Alcohol- while consuming it, my BB gets better.
Everyone situation is not the the same after all.
-
Sickandtired
- Junior
- Posts: 91
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:35 pm
Stankie wrote: doesn't mean you have to throw a temper-tantrum and flame me. My post was not rude or flaming, unlike both of your responses to me.
Good one.Stankie wrote: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
~ Abraham Lincoln
Again: seriously?Stankie wrote: you still want to smoke and wonder why you smell, that's your choice, not mine.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Stankie, I can understand your point, but come on, it is not generally accepted everywhere that cigarette smoking causes BB - only on mouthwash adverts etc and for people whose idea of bad breath is someone whose breath smells like an ashtray. It generally causes cigarette-breath, in the same way that garlic causes garlic-breath or coffee causes coffee-breath.
I know people who smoke and are unhealthy and eat crap-loads every day, but yet their breath never smells bad, only of cigarettes for a short while after smoking.
Smoking can lead to ill-heath, which can then lead to BB, but that usually shows up with obvious symptoms like chronic lung issues or sinusitis etc. There's so many different causes of BB, and each one can be affected differently, most of which won't be affected by smoking - but certain types may well do.
Myself and I bet most people on here with BB smoked after they developed or noticed they had BB, through the stress and as a way to actually mask the stench temporarily with the stink of cigarettes in emergency situations.
Smoking will probably exacerbate BB of certain types, but it generally does not cause BB. That's my opinion anyway.
I know people who smoke and are unhealthy and eat crap-loads every day, but yet their breath never smells bad, only of cigarettes for a short while after smoking.
Smoking can lead to ill-heath, which can then lead to BB, but that usually shows up with obvious symptoms like chronic lung issues or sinusitis etc. There's so many different causes of BB, and each one can be affected differently, most of which won't be affected by smoking - but certain types may well do.
Myself and I bet most people on here with BB smoked after they developed or noticed they had BB, through the stress and as a way to actually mask the stench temporarily with the stink of cigarettes in emergency situations.
Smoking will probably exacerbate BB of certain types, but it generally does not cause BB. That's my opinion anyway.
Wow. Finally someone else whose bb improves with alcohol! I was just posting about this the other day. No, it's not because I'm drunk and imaging it. I notice the difference in how people act while I still have my senses. So wow... should I just have drinks every day lol?Sickandtired wrote:Ok, let me share my experience.
I stopped smoking for a period of time after my tonsilectomy. -No improvement at all.
Redmeat and eggs, dairy, sugar etc.- few times i changed my diet and my BB situation haven't change a bit. Right now I'm on different diet and still, everything is the same.
Alcohol- while consuming it, my BB gets better.
Everyone situation is not the the same after all.
I don't think you are understanding what everyone is saying. I'm not sure how you don't get it, but let me explain. Having a little smoke smell on your breath that can be easily cured 100% with gum is a lot worse than having breath that smells like poop, something rotten or garbage like some members here.Stankie wrote:Sickandtired and time4change, simply because I said something that doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean you have to throw a temper-tantrum and flame me. My post was not rude or flaming, unlike both of your responses to me.
If you live in denial and think smoking cigarettes doesn't make your breath worse, I truly feel sorry you and your level of addiction to such a substance. It is generally accepted EVERYWHERE that cigarette smoking causes BB. Granted, not everybody who smokes may be room filling, but SMOKING CAUSES BB. There is no denying it.
It drys the mouth, mucus membranes, throat, sinuses, and lungs. It destroys your bodies natural defense mechanisms in your respiratory tract, making chronic BB causing microbes to easier live in your yap, throat, and lungs. It fills your entire body with with toxins and carcinogens that your lymphatic and bodily systems have to concentrate and remove.
If you still want to smoke and wonder why you smell, that's your choice, not mine.
-
needcurefast
- Crybaby
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:51 am
-
Sickandtired
- Junior
- Posts: 91
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:35 pm
I know for sure it's not because I'm drunk or something, the other thing that clears my halitosis in a sec. is marijuana and again it has nothing to do with me being high, i've tested this on others and i literally can speak 2 cm from someone and no reactions at all. Strange strange body of mine.222chick wrote: Wow. Finally someone else whose bb improves with alcohol! I was just posting about this the other day. No, it's not because I'm drunk and imaging it. I notice the difference in how people act while I still have my senses. So wow... should I just have drinks every day lol?
@Stankie spare me of that ''wanna be'' sarcasm please, thank you and goodbye.
-
HigherThoughts
- Advanced
- Posts: 127
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:33 pm
- Location: Los Angeles, US
That's weird people don't react when you smoke marijuana. Smoking marijuana will give your breath that weed smell. Generally most people don't like the weed smell because it smells skunky. I think for the alcohol maybe it kills some bacteria so your problem could be due to a bacteria problem.
Sickandtired wrote:I know for sure it's not because I'm drunk or something, the other thing that clears my halitosis in a sec. is marijuana and again it has nothing to do with me being high, i've tested this on others and i literally can speak 2 cm from someone and no reactions at all. Strange strange body of mine.222chick wrote: Wow. Finally someone else whose bb improves with alcohol! I was just posting about this the other day. No, it's not because I'm drunk and imaging it. I notice the difference in how people act while I still have my senses. So wow... should I just have drinks every day lol?
@Stankie spare me of that ''wanna be'' sarcasm please, thank you and goodbye.
I've been with my girlfriend (now fiancee) for the past 4 years. I genuinely asked her the other day whether she has ever smelled my BB. She said no. I wish I could trust her answer, NOT because I think she would lie to me to make me feel better, but she has a TERRIBLE sense of smell.
Anyways, I KNOW I have BB. When I brush my teeth at the end of the day, I can tell the regular odor of a dirty mouth goes away after brushing, but that distinctive odor is still there, mixed in with the toothpaste and mouthwash.
Back to the question. One SURE way I can test my BB is to take a sip or two of water from a cup. The water has to be room temperature. About a minute after my sips, the water changes taste and smell. I'll soon confirm this by asking one of my siblings or friends to smell the water and see if they notice the odor.
Anyways, I KNOW I have BB. When I brush my teeth at the end of the day, I can tell the regular odor of a dirty mouth goes away after brushing, but that distinctive odor is still there, mixed in with the toothpaste and mouthwash.
Back to the question. One SURE way I can test my BB is to take a sip or two of water from a cup. The water has to be room temperature. About a minute after my sips, the water changes taste and smell. I'll soon confirm this by asking one of my siblings or friends to smell the water and see if they notice the odor.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.