THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Can people with halitosis smell other people with halitosis?
Can people with halitosis smell other people with halitosis?
Hey all, I plan to try to arrange meet ups with others on this forum. I live just outside of Orlando, FL and welcome any meet ups. I have a question as I have seen it mentioned on the forum - can those of us with halitosis smell others with it? I believe I sure can because when I had it I smelled it on another woman and it was very strong and overwhelming. Input from anyone and everyone on this is appreciated. Particularly if you have done meet ups and the outcome. I am going to the dentist today. I get lots of nose rubs. Even with people that say they cannot smell anything and sometimes I don't get nose rubs. I'm confused!!!
Can we smell each others bb? Thanks gang!
Can we smell each others bb? Thanks gang!
thissux , are you in the FB group ? if so you should post the meetup in there . i think there are FL folks . didnt you meet another member from this forum yet ?
havent yet met other members here in the North West but i hear people are pretty honest at meet ups . let us know ore about how the meet goes and how the odor (if any) is perceived . always interesting to hear about that . its often never really posted or just glanced over .
.
havent yet met other members here in the North West but i hear people are pretty honest at meet ups . let us know ore about how the meet goes and how the odor (if any) is perceived . always interesting to hear about that . its often never really posted or just glanced over .
.
@ Deebo - I am not in the FB group because I am concerned about privacy etc. I don't want to use my regular account. Would I create another FB account and how much do you know about the meet ups that have occured? Could people smell each other? I keep hearing that folks can't and this concerns me because we are the ones that understand the most about the importance of honesty.
@222 chick - so you could not smell anything and vice versa? Are you both certain you have halitosis (confirmed by doctors/people)?
I went to the dentist today, have not been able to go due to finances. I need work done. Old root canal and crown has an abcess per xray, needs to be extracted and new implant (cannot afford that), another old crown with poor marigins that needs to be replaced and an amalgam filled tooth that is cracking on the sides and needs repair. The dentist and the hygenist (I asked both more than once if I had any bad breath) both said no. Hygenist said she smelled a fresh, clove type minty smell (I use Biotine) and a hint of cigarette (I had started smoking again). What's the deal with an abcess it the upper molar that may not be leaking but is present? Can this cause a big breath problem?
Can we smell each other you guys/girls?
@222 chick - so you could not smell anything and vice versa? Are you both certain you have halitosis (confirmed by doctors/people)?
I went to the dentist today, have not been able to go due to finances. I need work done. Old root canal and crown has an abcess per xray, needs to be extracted and new implant (cannot afford that), another old crown with poor marigins that needs to be replaced and an amalgam filled tooth that is cracking on the sides and needs repair. The dentist and the hygenist (I asked both more than once if I had any bad breath) both said no. Hygenist said she smelled a fresh, clove type minty smell (I use Biotine) and a hint of cigarette (I had started smoking again). What's the deal with an abcess it the upper molar that may not be leaking but is present? Can this cause a big breath problem?
Can we smell each other you guys/girls?
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
222chick, apart from smelling each other's breath, were there other things you tried, such as smelling each other's saliva and/or fingers after rubbing them on the back your tongues. How about eating the foods that you feel make your breath worse, etc?
This is such an interesting subject. What would be really great is if you knew anyone who admits they smell your BB and took them along to test alongside the person or any person who says they do not smell your BB.
@thissux, abscesses can cause BB, not sure how though. Guess it depends whether they're associated with other issues with a particular tooth.
This is such an interesting subject. What would be really great is if you knew anyone who admits they smell your BB and took them along to test alongside the person or any person who says they do not smell your BB.
@thissux, abscesses can cause BB, not sure how though. Guess it depends whether they're associated with other issues with a particular tooth.
@Stankie - I just saw the dentist for the first time in lets say 2 plus years due to job loss etc. Saw him today. X-ray showed an abcess in a back molar that has a root canal and crown. The infection showed in the X-ray and he says the tooth needs to be removed. Could this thing cause room filling bad breath Stankie? If I get it removed could it possibly resolve the issue? Also seen was another bad crown with very poor margins where food and bacteria could thrive. Also, a tooth with an amalgam filling (sorry for spelling errors) and that tooth is starting to crack on each side.
I am told I have reflux, but could these problems be the cause of the smell and if so, could extraction cure this infection? All opinions welcome! Oh, dentist and hygenist both said no bad breath at all, smelled mouthwash.
I am told I have reflux, but could these problems be the cause of the smell and if so, could extraction cure this infection? All opinions welcome! Oh, dentist and hygenist both said no bad breath at all, smelled mouthwash.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Stankie, that's an important point you made about odour getting into the bloodstream from things like dental problems.
There is evidence that such situations can lead to coronary heart disease. The plaque that builds up on the walls of the arteries is made of fatty deposits and bacterial biofilm (apparently). In theory, that biofilm could itself cause the blood to smell.
There is evidence that such situations can lead to coronary heart disease. The plaque that builds up on the walls of the arteries is made of fatty deposits and bacterial biofilm (apparently). In theory, that biofilm could itself cause the blood to smell.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Thissux, the thing I said about arterial plaque causing the blood to smell is pure speculation.
Don't forget that all kinds of odourous chemicals enter the bloodstream all the time, but that our body (normally) deals with such toxins.
Bacteria do enter the bloodstream from injuries and infections etc, and they are dealt with as foreign bodies. But sometimes, particularly if your body has been weakened in some way by viruses or the immune system is compromised in some way, these bacteria get through and can begin building themselves into structures - biofilm. This often happens in recurrent UTI infections for example.
There's a lot of evidence now that shows that the teeth are where these bacteria often inject themselves straight into the bloodstream.
Anyway, as I believe Stankie was trying to explain, it may be that odourous chemicals produced in things like dental decay, rotting teeth, abscesses, etc, get into the bloodstream and then lead to bloodborne odours. I don't know what evidence there is which proves such a pathway exists though. Nothing would surprise me. I know for a fact that my skin smells differently since I had a wisdom tooth out. I think that's purely from swallowing the constant discharge of skank it was producing. Maybe that's the sole way in which my BB was caused.
I would advise to get any potential issues sorted out in your mouth, and go from there. Perhaps a course of antibiotics can be discussed with your doctor afterwards. You may well need them for the abscess.
Don't forget that all kinds of odourous chemicals enter the bloodstream all the time, but that our body (normally) deals with such toxins.
Bacteria do enter the bloodstream from injuries and infections etc, and they are dealt with as foreign bodies. But sometimes, particularly if your body has been weakened in some way by viruses or the immune system is compromised in some way, these bacteria get through and can begin building themselves into structures - biofilm. This often happens in recurrent UTI infections for example.
There's a lot of evidence now that shows that the teeth are where these bacteria often inject themselves straight into the bloodstream.
Anyway, as I believe Stankie was trying to explain, it may be that odourous chemicals produced in things like dental decay, rotting teeth, abscesses, etc, get into the bloodstream and then lead to bloodborne odours. I don't know what evidence there is which proves such a pathway exists though. Nothing would surprise me. I know for a fact that my skin smells differently since I had a wisdom tooth out. I think that's purely from swallowing the constant discharge of skank it was producing. Maybe that's the sole way in which my BB was caused.
I would advise to get any potential issues sorted out in your mouth, and go from there. Perhaps a course of antibiotics can be discussed with your doctor afterwards. You may well need them for the abscess.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Stankie, whatever the lymphatic system can or can't do, it's been proven that potentially very serious health problems can originate from dental absesses and whatever else can allow oral debris and bacteria to be injected directly into the bloodstream.
Such situations must be ruled out because there is always a potential that these could lead to bloodborne halitosis and bodily odours.
Such situations must be ruled out because there is always a potential that these could lead to bloodborne halitosis and bodily odours.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.