THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Breaking the biofilm
Breaking the biofilm
I have been going back and forth on the cause of my bb for years,thinking it was intestinal, liver, stomach, or sinus problems. Like many of you I definitely believe that diet is a big part of it and I stay away from milk products, gluten and coffee. Stopping coffee definitely helped with my GERD, tea seems ok.
But ultimately I stongly believe it comes down to PND which could be a result of any of the above. I have the clear kind that sticks amazingly well on smooth surfaces like the sink. It does not seem to smell very strongly, which does not mean that it does not carry some unusual bacteria onto the tongue. This type of material has to be a great substrate to create a biofilm in sinuses and I have been looking at how to attack that.
Read up on the clinical trials with 1% baby shampoo in saline, tried once and loss sense of smell for a day. Then found several scientific publications on lemongrass essential oil indicating that it can break biofilms. I tried 1-2 drop of therapeutic grade of in a cup of saline (it's powerful stuff) and must say that it works remarkably well especially if using a pulsing sinus irrigator. Really feel much fresher. Anybody esle tried?
But ultimately I stongly believe it comes down to PND which could be a result of any of the above. I have the clear kind that sticks amazingly well on smooth surfaces like the sink. It does not seem to smell very strongly, which does not mean that it does not carry some unusual bacteria onto the tongue. This type of material has to be a great substrate to create a biofilm in sinuses and I have been looking at how to attack that.
Read up on the clinical trials with 1% baby shampoo in saline, tried once and loss sense of smell for a day. Then found several scientific publications on lemongrass essential oil indicating that it can break biofilms. I tried 1-2 drop of therapeutic grade of in a cup of saline (it's powerful stuff) and must say that it works remarkably well especially if using a pulsing sinus irrigator. Really feel much fresher. Anybody esle tried?
You can get the therapeuitc grade from Amazon. Mixed with water it's aslo a wonderl deodorant to spray in your room and can be used as breath spray also.
Another note on baby shampoo that I tried to use for the same purpose: besides making you lose your sense of smell, it had been used in trials for people who had received sinus surgery to prevent formation of biofilm. It had no effect on alredy established ones.
cheers
Another note on baby shampoo that I tried to use for the same purpose: besides making you lose your sense of smell, it had been used in trials for people who had received sinus surgery to prevent formation of biofilm. It had no effect on alredy established ones.
cheers
You can get the therapeuitc grade from Amazon. Mixed with water it's aslo a wonderl deodorant to spray in your room and can be used as breath spray also.
Another note on baby shampoo that I tried to use for the same purpose: besides making you lose your sense of smell, it had been used in trials for people who had received sinus surgery to prevent formation of biofilm. It had no effect on alredy established ones.
cheers
Another note on baby shampoo that I tried to use for the same purpose: besides making you lose your sense of smell, it had been used in trials for people who had received sinus surgery to prevent formation of biofilm. It had no effect on alredy established ones.
cheers
-
bbreathking
- Junior
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:59 pm
i am getting more and more interested in biofilms. no matter what is causing our bb, i think biofilms play a huge role (whether it comes from oral or otherwise).. and why many different things we have all tried do not work.
anyway, google it to read more. also google xylitol. i just bought some and hope it will help. studies show it helps break down biofilms.
also, i am trying this right now (just started the other day):
http://pptu.lefora.com/2011/11/22/lacto ... col/#post0
anyway, google it to read more. also google xylitol. i just bought some and hope it will help. studies show it helps break down biofilms.
also, i am trying this right now (just started the other day):
http://pptu.lefora.com/2011/11/22/lacto ... col/#post0
this is interesting too:
http://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/ ... cus_mutans_
http://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/ ... cus_mutans_
Thanks, interesting links. I will try the lactoferrin+ xylitol and might add in lysozyme. The only time I experienced something that felt like die-off was after 2weeks of lactoferrin+lysozyme. I suddenly had diarrhea for a period of 3-4 hrs together with shaking and feeling cold. I though it was a bad flu but the following day I was fine and felt fresher.
i started using xylitol in my neti pot, along with the saline solution (basically salt and baking soda) and it has been helping with my PND. i put 1/2 tsp. of xylitol in the neti pot. not sure if i thelps with the bb but i will keep you all posted. my bb was better today (and les of a tongue coating too).. but it was bad the past few days (and more tongue coating). i notice the tongue coating is a big thing for me.. if i can reduce it, then my bb is not as bad. i have no idea why it comes and goes though...
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
-
SHITBREATH
- Advanced
- Posts: 107
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:33 pm
- Location: HELL
I think the reason why many of us smell is biofilm.Think about it more white coating worse smell.I have used Chlorine dioxide and it helps to keep the smell away.I have also read about new research that NO can break down biofilm, the body makes itself, the trick may be our bodies do not produce enough.L-Arginine is a supplement that increases the production of NO.Not even antibiotics can break down biofilm, so now I understand why doctors can't do something about the problem.I haven't tried L-arginine yet,but i'm gonna order today.I did the licktest this morning,first my tongue omg almost puked,then i took my finger around my gums,i let the saliva dry and smelt nothing.
thought this may be interesting...
http://www.research.ibm.com/articles/hydrogel.shtml
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... qJt-whgIUE
http://www.research.ibm.com/articles/hydrogel.shtml
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... qJt-whgIUE
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.