THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Room Filling Nasal Odour

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
User avatar
MrChips
Advanced
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:47 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Room Filling Nasal Odour

Post by MrChips »

I have room filling nasal odour. Iv had my wisdoms taken out. Iv also had my tonsils taken out.
The question I need to know is,, Can nasal odour be caused by mouth/teeth/tongue problems?
User avatar
Born To Suffer
Master
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by Born To Suffer »

I have yet to see a post of someone curing nasal odour.
I was going through some posts when I came upon this:
ElGrizzle:
1. I have had 3 endoscopies of sinus by two different doctors, and a CT scan, and there are no abnormalities or tumors.

2. I have also been to a periodontist and dentist numerous times without any signs of anything that would be causing the odor. (my mouth tastes fine)

3. I have also been to Gastro ENT, and checked for celiac disease (negative) and found nothing else, but that's all she was concentrating on. So it might be good to see another one and check for other things.

Anyways, I have taken the test for TMAU (results will take about a month), and I am going to see a Metabolic specialist at Vancouver General Hospital.

There are a few other tests that I would like to get done if it is not TMAU, (or even if it is TMAU, who knows).

They are for;
1. Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth
2. Fructose malabsorption
3. Slow intestinal motility

No, they say, "it smells in here", or "did you fart?", or "it smells like poo", or they roll down a window when I talk.

So its not coming from my mouth, rather the air I breath out.


Full post: viewtopic.php?p=24251&highlight=#24251
I think for those who suffer from nasal odor are suffering from kidney / liver failure??
It's weird how fecal-like odour can just come out of the nose, perhaps blood is infected with waste due to a malfunction in the body?
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
User avatar
FedUp
God
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by FedUp »

I get that same reaction if I nose breathe. It smells like SHIT.

Comments like "did you wipe your ass?" "smells like he shit himself" are heard if I nose breathe or "you're disgusting". If you can get a CT scan.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
User avatar
Born To Suffer
Master
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by Born To Suffer »

Does the smell that comes out of your nose smell like fecal?
I would highly suggest you do a blood test for kidney damage/failure.

Worst case is to replace your kidney.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
User avatar
FedUp
God
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by FedUp »

Born To Suffer wrote:Does the smell that comes out of your nose smell like fecal?
I would highly suggest you do a blood test for kidney damage/failure.

Worst case is to replace your kidney.
Had one done months ago, everything came back fine.

My doc did say I had low white blood cell counts though. My Immune system must be shit.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
User avatar
Born To Suffer
Master
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by Born To Suffer »

Had one done months ago, everything came back fine.
WOW, hm... I really don't know what else to offer!!
Let's just hope your CT will show something.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

....
Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
MrChips
Advanced
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:47 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by MrChips »

Maybe i have liver trouble. If i drink too much alcohol my nasal odour stinks for days after. Which happens on almost a weekly basis.
I need to do the liver flush and stop drinking to see if i get any improvements?

I remember sitting at the back of the bus once, and two young girls were nose rubbing and complaining about the smell of urine... So maybe it could be kidney trouble?

I duuno. Im stuck. I aint gotta clue. I dont feel like its dental. Theres something wrong somewhere.... but it could be anywhere! This is mind-boggling.... Its sending me crazy
Peace
Junior
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Peace »

I've had the same problem for decades and strongly believe it is sinus-related. I've posted it before but will repeat, the only thing abnormal was chronic rhinitis and clear post nasal drip, not really a bad smell but very clingy. I started the xylitol:lactoferin:saline rinse, improvement but not there yet; then added amoxycillin and after 2 days got green discharge, so stopped nasal rinse but did oral spray every é hours for 3-4 days, even more improvement. 4 days ago my tongue became completely pink and bb gone. Stillpinching myself after 40 years this never happened. I don't how long it will last, I still have some green discharge when I blow my nose but other than that I'm fine. I don't have anymore clear PND though which leads me to believe the fecal:cheesy somtine burn smell was related to the PND.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Peace, do you mean the clear PND has stopped or do you mean it's no longer clear but green?
Peace
Junior
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Peace »

I have not had any PND for the past few days....!
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

That's great news! what do you think the reason is at the moment?
Peace
Junior
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Peace »

Good question. May be a change of bacterial population in sinus-nasal passages? Still scratching my head, but if it comes back at least I know what to tackle, which is great news no matter what.
User avatar
MrChips
Advanced
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:47 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by MrChips »

Peace> Thanks for the info. How did you make the saline rinse? And where do you get the products from? Thanks
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

It's very interesting because your clear PND has stopped. I hope your BB improvement relates solely to this fact. It's very exciting to know you've managed to reduce your PND, and I really hope you eventually manage to discover exactly why this has happened.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗