THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

is everybody snif his own blood ?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

So if a person with type-4 bloodborne halitosis gave a blood sample to another person to smell, they should be able to smell the odour in the blood if any is present?
User avatar
Born To Suffer
Master
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by Born To Suffer »

Yep I can confirm that there is an odour present. Been doing a saline irrigation, sometimes I get blood when I sneeze out, don't know if it's from the surgery or an infection present. So I leave the blood on the sink to dry for a few hours, took a sniff, and it has a fishy odour. Brown blood btw.

But "fresh red" blood smells metallic, normal blood smell.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
User avatar
FedUp
God
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by FedUp »

Popped a spot on my back last night, smells like regular blood thankfully.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

I think you have to let someone else smell the blood because the blood gasses will normally be passing out through your nose and you won't be able to smell them if your nose has become familiar to the odours.

In tracheotomized animals they'll no longer have the blood gasses passing from their lungs into their nose, so it becomes possible to "stimulate olfactor receptors" - whatever that actually means - once they've been tracheotomized.

Fresh blood is best I guess, not from spots or nasal bleeding.

I have read this before, where blood can smell bad when some people have had systemic odour.
User avatar
FedUp
God
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by FedUp »

I see what you're saying halitosissux. Though I don't have body odor, my clothes never smell of anything other than my deoderant and washing powder.

I usually smell a shirt a while after I've taken it off to get that "first impression" smell.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

But if the same odour is on your clothing, you wouldn't be able to smell that either, for the same reason you wouldn't be able to smell it in your blood.
User avatar
Born To Suffer
Master
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by Born To Suffer »

Here are my 2cents.

Trust me, just let your blood sit on the sink for a couple of hours. Go out for the day, get some fresh air, and when you come back you can actually smell the foulness.

Testing blood on different parts of the body really yields different results, of course I know everyone's case is different. One of my wisdoms was badly impacted, the blood discharging from it was BLACK and smelly, but that doesn't mean that the rest of my blood is like that.
If an infection is present, it can eat away your healthy blood as it passes through.
This is why it's important to find out if
A. healthy blood is being processed into foul blood or
B. If there is already a problem with your blood as it travels around the body.

But doing the nasal rinse, assures me that the infection present is in my nose, and not in my blood.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗