THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

someone has already been cured (BB) doing a tonsillectomy ?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
kart
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:36 pm

someone has already been cured (BB) doing a tonsillectomy ?

Post by kart »

someone has already been cured (BB) doing a tonsillectomy ?
User avatar
Archimonde
Super Angel
Posts: 878
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Archimonde »

Yes. I've posted several 'cure report' a while ago that had to do with tonsils removal.

viewtopic.php?t=4884

viewtopic.php?t=4887

viewtopic.php?t=4892

Keep in mind, tonsil removal failed for many people.
User avatar
deebo
Moderator
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Portland
Contact:

Post by deebo »

Kart , do you have nasal odor too ? If so ,I've heard from a few Docs that tonsils are not the culprit and removing them will not help . I think Dr Aydin says this as well .

.
User avatar
FedUp
God
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by FedUp »

I think tonsillectomies "quieten down" the intensity of their breath but not fully cured.

The lucky ones are cured and proceed with life as normal.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
User avatar
MrChips
Advanced
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:47 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by MrChips »

I have nasal odour. I had a tosillectomy, and i can confirm that a tonsillectomy did not help me.
User avatar
FedUp
God
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by FedUp »

MrChips wrote:I have nasal odour. I had a tosillectomy, and i can confirm that a tonsillectomy did not help me.
after your ct scan did your ENT ever mention rhinitis to you? did you have your adenoids out too?

I find in my case that nasal odor is ten times stronger than breath odor although my breath odor can range from unsmellable to bad some days.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
kart
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:36 pm

Post by kart »

deebo wrote:Kart , do you have nasal odor too ? If so ,I've heard from a few Docs that tonsils are not the culprit and removing them will not help . I think Dr Aydin says this as well .

.
I guess I do not have nasal odor, and I already had numerous tonsillitis and my tonsils are swollen as well, I have no tonsill stones. I never felt any smell when touched my tonsils, but this week I have felt a strong odor when I touch them,i just had tonsillitis ( last week) ....
I have white coat and already took metronidazole that improved 100% my BB, however when stopped, it came back ...
Youz123
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:17 am

Post by Youz123 »

@FedUp and @MrChips, Did your tonsillectomy cure your badbreath from your mouth? I know you still have nasal odor but did it atleast cure or help with the mouth odor?

How many % did it help with. Thanks
User avatar
FedUp
God
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by FedUp »

Youz123 wrote:@FedUp and @MrChips, Did your tonsillectomy cure your badbreath from your mouth? I know you still have nasal odor but did it atleast cure or help with the mouth odor?

How many % did it help with. Thanks
My mouth doesn't seem to be as bad as there is far less fart comments than before my tonsillectomy. People get closer to me these days. But christ if i breathe through my nose I get the usual have you shit your pants reactions.

hopefully my ct scan will show anything. still waiting to find the results.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Youz123
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:17 am

Post by Youz123 »

@FedUp

Thanks for the reply. As i stated like 2 months back, have your wisdom teeth erupted yet? One of my top wisdom teeth was erupted and I got that taken out no pain whatsoever. My tongue has gotten a bit less whiter and more red and the bad taste in my mouth did decrease alot.

But the bad breath remained and so did the nasal odor aswell. I did nasal rinse like 1-2 times for 3 days and the nasal odor did decrease a bit. Keep us updated on your CT scan. Also check your Wisdom teeth.
User avatar
FedUp
God
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by FedUp »

I have one partially erupted wisdom tooth on the bottom right of my jaw. I will get it investigated if everything else fails.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗