THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

The thumb

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
User avatar
Tangonegro
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:23 pm
Location: UAE
Gender:

The thumb

Post by Tangonegro »

Fellow sufferers,
I'm in the same sh...as you, and I'm trying to understand the root cause as I was not born with it.
I was sucking my thumb from baby stage until I was 13. When sucking fingers, you constantly swallow your saliva.
It is may be the cause of the upper esophageal sphincter deterioration. But I did not have any halitosis at the time. When I reach adulthood, I start suffering from GERD, which means the lower esophageal sphincter was also impaired. This may be, allowed whatever is coming from the stomach (acid, bile, etc.) to reach my throat, and start this sh... breath thing because both the sphincters are all the time open.
It is only a theory I thought about.
Does any of my fellow sufferers sucked his thumb during his childhood ?
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗