Those 9% also had bad halitosis, according to Jimi, who doesn't believe in psychological disordersScientist42 wrote:Guys, in a study of 58 patients who complained of halitosis, 81% had halitosis of oral origin, 10% had halitosis which did not originate from the mouth and 9% had no halitosis (halitophobia)
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
I want to buy an OralChroma
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
Probably you just id not brush your teeth enough or ate some onion, do you see how degrading it is to claim that you have halitophobia.
If monkey Mel would get you in his hands he would say you have halitophobia, and I am starting to believe that because oyu obsess so much with it. Probably it is true that you should buy some listerine and you should be ok.
Larc I really think you have halitophobia, just enjoy your life and stop thinking you have bb. And everything will be ok.
Trust Mel the Ape, he knows the truth
If monkey Mel would get you in his hands he would say you have halitophobia, and I am starting to believe that because oyu obsess so much with it. Probably it is true that you should buy some listerine and you should be ok.
Larc I really think you have halitophobia, just enjoy your life and stop thinking you have bb. And everything will be ok.
Trust Mel the Ape, he knows the truth
-
Scientist42
- Advanced
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:11 pm
Jimi, Larc, this 9% figure also sounds a bit high to me. If the dentists/doctors had listened to the patients a bit more carefully they would have realised that:-
The halitophobia diagnosis is because the patient has an INTERMITTENT PROBLEM which was not there at the time the patient saw the doctor/dentist.
Yes indeed! Halitosis CAN be intermittent!! Is there anybody reading this who has this type of halitosis and can back me up? Believe me guys, this is true. There is this girl in Manchester, England, who has faecal breath in 'waves'.
Most of us have constant halitosis which varies in intensity due to various factors like what we have eaten/drunk etc. But a small proportion of people have intermittent halitosis which comes out as a wave of odour for maybe half an hour then disappears as quick as it had come!!
In effect what I am saying is that the term halitophobia has been blown out of all proportion by some dentists etc. It does exhist, especially in psychiatric patients but it is nowhere near as high as some would claim!
2 If the breath evaluation is carried out improperly then there will be a variety of other factors that can lead to a false diagnosis of halitophobia
eg odour fatigue in the evaluator.
In most cases though, the evaluation is conducted on more than one occassion and so it is intermittent halitosis which has led to an incorrect diagnosis of halitophobia.
Arun
The halitophobia diagnosis is because the patient has an INTERMITTENT PROBLEM which was not there at the time the patient saw the doctor/dentist.
Yes indeed! Halitosis CAN be intermittent!! Is there anybody reading this who has this type of halitosis and can back me up? Believe me guys, this is true. There is this girl in Manchester, England, who has faecal breath in 'waves'.
Most of us have constant halitosis which varies in intensity due to various factors like what we have eaten/drunk etc. But a small proportion of people have intermittent halitosis which comes out as a wave of odour for maybe half an hour then disappears as quick as it had come!!
In effect what I am saying is that the term halitophobia has been blown out of all proportion by some dentists etc. It does exhist, especially in psychiatric patients but it is nowhere near as high as some would claim!
2 If the breath evaluation is carried out improperly then there will be a variety of other factors that can lead to a false diagnosis of halitophobia
eg odour fatigue in the evaluator.
In most cases though, the evaluation is conducted on more than one occassion and so it is intermittent halitosis which has led to an incorrect diagnosis of halitophobia.
Arun
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
Jimi, I think you are misunderstanding what I've been saying all along. I've only ever said that 'if you have never ever had a real confirmation that you have bb, there is a possibility that you don't'. What is it that offends you with that statement?
If you choose to believe that every single person who believes they have chronic bb does actually have it, fine with me. It is exactly the same as telling an anorectic girl that she is as fat as she thinks she is.
Entire rooms, cars, elevators, etc have been stunk up by me, sadly. If it weren't for those confirmations, I'd be happy to just pop some pills and forget about the whole thing.
Warm wishes
If you choose to believe that every single person who believes they have chronic bb does actually have it, fine with me. It is exactly the same as telling an anorectic girl that she is as fat as she thinks she is.
Entire rooms, cars, elevators, etc have been stunk up by me, sadly. If it weren't for those confirmations, I'd be happy to just pop some pills and forget about the whole thing.
Warm wishes
My suggestion is set up a paypal (or alternative) 'donation' fund and others can help raise the money. If you wanted to go about it in an 'official' manner, you could appoint 2 or 3 'treasurers' or whatever.
At the moment, apart from donating to this forum as a form of support, we have 2 options to donate money to possibly help us all understand or solve the problem:
1. this idea
2. nowhere
At the moment, apart from donating to this forum as a form of support, we have 2 options to donate money to possibly help us all understand or solve the problem:
1. this idea
2. nowhere
- Shit4Breath
- Advanced
- Posts: 190
- Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:11 pm
Hmmm...after reading this old thread, I'm wondering the same thing!! Did he ever come back here with an update? Jimi might know though!Shit4Breath wrote:I was just wondering if thanatos ever bought the OralChroma and if so what were the results?
And whatever happened to Larc400 who had over 700 posts! I don't see any recent posts from him, does that mean he's cured?
Why do people just disappear so suddenly after being so active on this forum?!
Hello Dr. Aydinmur, I think the main purpose would be so we can measure how effective the solutions we're trying are.aydinmur wrote:Origin(s) of halitoısis can not be diagnosed by measuring..
Suppose that you have one OralChroma.
So what ?
-M
For me, I've been battling this bb issue for 10 years now. At almost any given time I'm always trying a supplement, diet, etc. But the hardest part is not being able to gauge if it's getting better or worse.
Most of us are very isolated and don't socialize much because of this issue so really we have no way of knowing where we stand with our bb. Thanks.
Hi guys, wanted to say that I'm currently attempting to buy an OralChroma machine.
It's a little pricey but I think it could be extremely helpful in trying to find a solution for this issue. Even more helpful for me as my severe bb doesn't originate from the mouth.
I have contacted the manufacturer and will keep you guys updated.
It's a little pricey but I think it could be extremely helpful in trying to find a solution for this issue. Even more helpful for me as my severe bb doesn't originate from the mouth.
I have contacted the manufacturer and will keep you guys updated.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.