Your Email Address:

First Name:

fecal vs. metallic breath relief

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......

what kind(s) of breath odor do you have?

fecal
50%
garbage
13%
sewage
No votes
rotten eggs
38%
sulphur
No votes
metallic
No votes
fishy
No votes
sour
No votes
bitter (taste/smell, pls specify)
No votes

Total votes: 8

waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

Mico wrote:bad sweet? Hmm, yeah, could be. This description could fit

Im gonna send probes for tmau this week hopefully. Did you made a tmau test, Iris?

What about you, Waitingforrelief? Made any tmau tests so far?
mico, i actually wrote that guy in philly who has that clinic/lab for TMAU, he mentioned that he could send me a home kit to get tested. but somehow we never followed thru'. i doubt that's what i have tho'. i have no bo, and as experiments like vit c seems to point to results that are not affected by diet - it doesn't sound like i have TMAU.

re the "intestine" smell - i've actually smelled it on myself. last night i caught a whiff of it when i was talking on the phone while moving around, and then again today. :( i've smelled it occasionally before but not often. it's like rotten food, it's so gross. but i don't know how accurate it is when mixed with the odor in my nose/sinuses.

Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

My main problem is BB no question, but after i have read about tmau and body odor i remembered some comments from people about my smelling feets. It was very rare and I was thinking whos feet dont smell? But now, I dont know. Im gonna make the test and see. Im pretty sure I got tmau.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Mico wrote:My main problem is BB no question, but after i have read about tmau and body odor i remembered some comments from people about my smelling feets. It was very rare and I was thinking whos feet dont smell? But now, I dont know. Im gonna make the test and see. Im pretty sure I got tmau.
i had a case of very smelly feet when i was a teen, and then it just kind of went away. now my feet smell sometimes but just like normal people, i think. nothing out of the ordinary.

i'd rather have smelly feet than smelly breath!

you can get a home kit mailed to you from that place in philly if you want.
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

waitingforrelief wrote:re the "intestine" smell - i've actually smelled it on myself. last night i caught a whiff...
...just for a split of a second?

Can you pls describe that intestine smell? Fecal or how?

What I can say about my smell is, it is maybe sweet, very strange, its not just a smell in the air, more like a dense gas. I dont wonder ppl can smell me from far away.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

yes, for a split second, but multiple times.

today i've been smelling it more often. i don't know how to describe it. it's like rotten food - it's what i'd imagine what the inside of an intestine smells like because of all the food mixed together during digestion. and no, it's not fecal. i know how fecal breath smells like but that's not what i hvae right this moment.

i don't know what gave me that idea, that's just the impression that i have.
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

waitingforrelief wrote:
Mico wrote:My main problem is BB no question, but after i have read about tmau and body odor i remembered some comments from people about my smelling feets. It was very rare and I was thinking whos feet dont smell? But now, I dont know. Im gonna make the test and see. Im pretty sure I got tmau.
i had a case of very smelly feet when i was a teen, and then it just kind of went away. now my feet smell sometimes but just like normal people, i think. nothing out of the ordinary.

i'd rather have smelly feet than smelly breath!

you can get a home kit mailed to you from that place in philly if you want.
im from europe :) ive found a place to test thou.

well, i never smelled anything strange on my feet, but then i almost never smelled my BB. well, gotta get tested and Ill report it here then. I thing i better rule it out or get confirmation. if im positive, atleast i wont waste money for some useless stuff. and some guys get good relief, some even absolute relief, but its a hard eating regime and you need a strong will.

btw a company is starting research on some medication specially for tmau, for comercially use. they search for ppl or something on the tmau boards.
Iris
Junior

Post by Iris »

Im gonna send probes for tmau this week hopefully. Did you made a tmau test, Iris?

Mico,

No, I have not make a tmau test yet. I am so busy with school.... I will try to found out how can I make it this summer when I will be out of school and when I can go back to high choline food before the test. Hmm... I am scare going back to high choline food and have bad mucus on my throat and have my underarm always sweated again. Yes, before choline diet, I sweated a lot in my underarm, specially when I was nervous and it did not matter if the weather was hot or not. But I know that before the test I have to eat normally, otherwise the test will no show the true result.

Have you heard someone with TMAU and bad sweet breath?

Could you tell me the procedures to do the test? Was it easy to get the supplies for the test?
Iris
Junior

Post by Iris »

Waitforrelief,

Could you please tell how can I get information for TMAU test? I live in the US. Where is Philly?
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

hi iris, here's the link

http://www.monell.org/tmau_h.htm

philly as in philadelphia.
Iris
Junior

Post by Iris »

Mico wrote:
waitingforrelief wrote:re the "intestine" smell - i've actually smelled it on myself. last night i caught a whiff...
...just for a split of a second?

Can you pls describe that intestine smell? Fecal or how?

What I can say about my smell is, it is maybe sweet, very strange, its not just a smell in the air, more like a dense gas. I dont wonder ppl can smell me from far away.
Mico, I think my breath is like that: a dense bad sweet gas that can be smelled from far away. I cannot imagine how it is. This is what I got from the description my husband tells me. I think it was worst when I was eating everything. I mean, it was a mixture of sweet with other bad smell from protein food. Can you imagine such strong smeel? what it is impressive is that I have never in my life could smell myself, even in the worst days.
Iris
Junior

Post by Iris »

waitingforrelief wrote:hi iris, here's the link

philly as in philadelphia.

Thanks, Waitforrelief! I will check it!
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

Iris wrote:

Mico,

No, I have not make a tmau test yet. I am so busy with school.... I will try to found out how can I make it this summer when I will be out of school and when I can go back to high choline food before the test. Hmm... I am scare going back to high choline food and have bad mucus on my throat and have my underarm always sweated again. Yes, before choline diet, I sweated a lot in my underarm, specially when I was nervous and it did not matter if the weather was hot or not. But I know that before the test I have to eat normally, otherwise the test will no show the true result.

Have you heard someone with TMAU and bad sweet breath?

Could you tell me the procedures to do the test? Was it easy to get the supplies for the test?
I suspect that sweet smell is pure TMA :( Ppl from the tmau boards claimed that on a bad day they smelled like rotten fish, on a not so bad fecal.

I was sweeting alot to, not nowadays thou. It was a cold sweat, eventhou i often didnt feel anxious. I think it has something to do with tmau(or whatever the condition is) and anxiety as well. Got no mucus thou.

Youre from the USA you can get the kit send home. Looks something like that:
"For biochemical studies I suggest to to send three samples:

1. Urine (10-20 ml) on a normal diet (e.g. before the fish meal).

2. Urine collected during hours 0-8 after a meal of at least 300 grams of marine fish (e.g. cod); an aliqot of 10-20 ml should be frozen.

3. Urine collected during hours 9-16 after the fish meal; again an aliqot of 10-20 ml should be frozen. "

Marine fish, some ice, something to put that urin into and send.

So you get some relief with the low choline diet? Is it hard to stick to it? Do you count choline per serving? :)
Last edited by Mico on Mon May 07, 2007 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

Iris wrote: Can you imagine such strong smeel? what it is impressive is that I have never in my life could smell myself, even in the worst days.
Neither could I smell myself per se! I smelled myself exactly 3 times, if I remmember coreclty, and only under special circumstances: I was driving in a car with my mom, it was hot and i was sweating, and i could smell myself - and I think it were my feets and not BB - but how to exactly tell, coz it was only for a spli second. And that was twice in few days, only driving with my mom. The other time i described above... go fiigure.

For the past 15 years im thinking about this and everything seems so surrealistic. I often forget I got BB, but ppl remind me every single time. I got absolutely no feeling for the strongness of my smell.
Iris
Junior

Post by Iris »

Mico,

Thanks for the information. Yes, I think I got some relief with the diet, specially related to sweating. I do not count how much choline has certain kind of food. I just stoped eating many things like meat, fish, milk, and everything that contain high choline. I am eating everyday watermelon, rice milk, pita bread, carrots, orange juice, spaghet without eggs, and... I forgot now other foods I am eating, but I can count the kind of food I am eating because there is not so much to eat with this diet. But I enjoying for not have bad taste in the mouth anymore and not sweating a lot.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

i found this info on TMAU - quite different from the vague idea of what I thought TMAU was.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic