[/quote]I too never had good oral hygiene in my childhood/teens this seems to be the case with other members in this forum too,have you got any receding gums?[/quote]
Yes, I have some receding gums as I sometimes feel pain while brushing. My dentists said they are not so serious that need filling and she advice to gargle dilute salt water. This works and the pain gradually disappear. I just repeat this if feel any irritation with receding gums
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
My bad breath case and your opinions please
I still can smell other thing when I got flu so it does not mean that because of the decrease in my sense of smell.halitosisux wrote:Are you saying it's only your BB you (yourself) can't smell during flu or does this apply to any smells?
If it applies to all smells then isn't it simply because of the typical impairment of the sense of smell that usually accompanies flu?
But if your BB comes from somewhere in your nose or sinuses then if these areas are blocked up then odours might temporarily be unable to escape?
The concha bullosa may be the reason for this, PND from the flu may disturb this turbunate so as to the bacteria in it
3 weeks before I went on the FESS surgery, I brush my teeth with zinc containing toothpaste (zinc gluconat, zinc citrat, zinc oxit), wait nearly an hour, then gargle with chlohexidine, let it spread on my tongue for 5 minutes. It worked for 1st day, 2nd day but the improvement decreased in a week, then weird smell again.halitosisux wrote:daan did you wait a while after using these toothpastes before you gargled with the chlorhexidine?
And after the surgery, I apply the same but now I discontinue as it does not work for me, or if say, so very little improvement compared to the schedule to follow as brushing, gargling
Every time I apply a new method (like baking soda, H2O2, coconut oil, honey, ect), they all seems to be one-day to quite a one week treatment but then nothing changes.
I got a surgery 3 weeks ago including deviated septum, concha bullosa and broaden the hole in nasal passage. It was not as painful as tonsillectomy and quickly recovered after a couple of days.
I am not cured but can say my bb decreased considerably. My halitosis before was hard to describe, it's toxic, sewage and chemical. But after the surgery, the sewage smell has completely gone and this really could relax me. I bet it is the concha bullosa that trap the bacteria and make my throat cavity a pool of bug. So please correct concha bullosa if you have it in accompanied with bb.
But there is still a toxic and foul smell, currently I do not think out any other actions to take. If it was the only Type 1 bad breath that left, zinc+chlohexidine should have worked to some extend. There maybe some chronic infections in the back of my tongue that could not be cleared, just like some chronic vaginal infections, dandruff, sinusitis or throat infections
I am not cured but can say my bb decreased considerably. My halitosis before was hard to describe, it's toxic, sewage and chemical. But after the surgery, the sewage smell has completely gone and this really could relax me. I bet it is the concha bullosa that trap the bacteria and make my throat cavity a pool of bug. So please correct concha bullosa if you have it in accompanied with bb.
But there is still a toxic and foul smell, currently I do not think out any other actions to take. If it was the only Type 1 bad breath that left, zinc+chlohexidine should have worked to some extend. There maybe some chronic infections in the back of my tongue that could not be cleared, just like some chronic vaginal infections, dandruff, sinusitis or throat infections
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.