I'm making a new thread on this because, even though I've been around on here since 2008, I don't think I've seen a single mention of this condition.
Diverticular disease is basically a pouch which forms in the colon wall(large intesine). Read about it for yourselves, but consider these points:-
In most cases it is asymptomatic with regards to develping any serious symptoms such as pain and fever.
It's caused by generally not eating enough fiber and being constipated. (most people on here say they're constipated while eating normal diets which don't cause constipation for normal people).
Because it involves the large intestine, it can cause the same kind of chronic bacterial stagnation and inflammation as chronic appendicitis.
Main symptoms are alternating constipation and bouts of diarrhoea. Cramping, bloating, excess wind etc. More serious symptoms are severe abdominal pain and fever when perforation is involved - which is quite rare.
Diagnosis is quite invasive and doctors probably won't take you seriously without having the more serious symptoms.
This has the potential to cause bloodborne bad breath or intermittent BB.
One way to relieve the symptoms is to eat leafy green vegetables or take laxatives - I've heard many on here say they get relief of BB when they do this.
There is a connection between many bowel conditions (like appendicitis) and having a coated tongue and bad breath.
Just some thoughts.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Diverticular disease?
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.