THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Long time no see.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Sickandtired
Junior
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Long time no see.

Post by Sickandtired »

Where to start. It's been some time since my last uptades so, here we go:
I got my sinus surgery 3 and a half months ago - got my deviated septum fixed, adenoid removed and turbinate reduction. Conclusion: BB remained.
One month after that I got my remained lower wisdoms removed. Conclusion: I can not smell my bb strong as before, my tongue smell is lesser but my bb remained big time. Now I'm sure it's nasal too. The last year it got worse and became nasal, i think all my desperate actions did more harm than good.
I changed my diet for months now again, there are small if none improvments.
After my sinus surgery i was on amoxicillin/clavulanic acid 1000 and my tongue coating for the first time got A LOT better and i think my bb improved a lot, while on metro coating remained.
Regarding my diet I don't know what to do more since I lost 10 kilos and I'm already skinny. I told my doc about that too and now i need to do more tests. My Abdominal Ultrasound was good but i'll do more tests even though i know there's little or no hope.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

....
Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sickandtired
Junior
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Post by Sickandtired »

That's only half of the work unfortunately, before that i had tonsilectomy and gastroscopy (not a surgery but it wasn't very pleasent exam).

My diet was usual teenager/young adult diet, not so healthy, I ate veggies and fruit too but not as much.

Now the first period since diet change i ate basically fruit salat for breakfast with yogurt for lunch rice mixed with veggies and/or chicken and dinner would be some veggies again.
But now for breakfast i have oat meal with water, orange and apple
For lunch i eat all kind of soups/cooked meat (rarely) everything is cooked in water, i use no oil, for dinner again it's lot of salad, and what keeps me through the day is a lot of fruits especially now when it's summer, i eat watermelon almost all day because i love it very much.
I'm trying to throw out rice from my diet now because i noticed when i eat it my tongue starts to white all over again.
(still there are gaps in my diet since it's summer now and when i go out we tend to drink alcohol.)

I'm at the point where when i go to drink a ''coffie'' with my friends i don't know what to order anymore and they are all like, why don't you drink coffie anymore? And i don't even want to order a juice in fear of my body reaction.

I started to notice that my stools are floating lately a lot (or maybe i have that impression since i didn't pay attention on that before until now), and the problem is, what is there more to cut out of my diet, what will I eat.
And the most interesting part of it is that when i eat bread my stool is good and on the other hand when i eat rice my tummy gets upset and tongue 2 but not always. Strange strange.

Also i have bile reflux so i think i will push on that hard, now when i go to the gastroenterologist among the other things.
User avatar
FedUp
God
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by FedUp »

I feel depressed reading this post as it mirrors my attempts to beat this ****ing disease.

Just when you think ya BB isn't so bad on the odd occasion the "have you farted?" comment. Just the other day I was working with a colleague, all of a sudden I smelt a fart, I thought "here we go". Then he says "oh that stinks what I have been eating?" I asked him "was that you?" He said "Yea, I farted cos you farted" lol

Such a ****ing ridiculous disease to put up with. A simple thing such has not having a smelly mouth ruining lives.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
User avatar
ikageorgian
Advanced
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:21 pm
Location: Paris, France
Gender:
Contact:

Post by ikageorgian »

Sickandtired wrote:That's only half of the work unfortunately, before that i had tonsilectomy and gastroscopy (not a surgery but it wasn't very pleasent exam).

My diet was usual teenager/young adult diet, not so healthy, I ate veggies and fruit too but not as much.

Now the first period since diet change i ate basically fruit salat for breakfast with yogurt for lunch rice mixed with veggies and/or chicken and dinner would be some veggies again.
But now for breakfast i have oat meal with water, orange and apple
For lunch i eat all kind of soups/cooked meat (rarely) everything is cooked in water, i use no oil, for dinner again it's lot of salad, and what keeps me through the day is a lot of fruits especially now when it's summer, i eat watermelon almost all day because i love it very much.
I'm trying to throw out rice from my diet now because i noticed when i eat it my tongue starts to white all over again.
(still there are gaps in my diet since it's summer now and when i go out we tend to drink alcohol.)

I'm at the point where when i go to drink a ''coffie'' with my friends i don't know what to order anymore and they are all like, why don't you drink coffie anymore? And i don't even want to order a juice in fear of my body reaction.

I started to notice that my stools are floating lately a lot (or maybe i have that impression since i didn't pay attention on that before until now), and the problem is, what is there more to cut out of my diet, what will I eat.
And the most interesting part of it is that when i eat bread my stool is good and on the other hand when i eat rice my tummy gets upset and tongue 2 but not always. Strange strange.

Also i have bile reflux so i think i will push on that hard, now when i go to the gastroenterologist among the other things.
Sickandtired, try candida elimination diet, it is hard though but it helped me to control bb. If I break the diet, e.g eat sugary products or dairy bb comes back right away, if not I'm bb free. Look up this site www.thecandidadiet.com
If you will follow candida cleanse and diet you will be bb free.
Sickandtired
Junior
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Post by Sickandtired »

@Fed up, exactly. For example my tongue is last 2,3 days completely pink almost all day (this is a shock for me, cause it's always white) and my lifestyle last few days was not healthy I may say, so what to say my body is playing with me obviously. But even with pink tongue all the way i got those weird looks and that never ending question ''who farted'', and of course i smelled it myself too few times.
@ikageorgian yes, probably i will do that if my future exams fails, but i don't think that candida diet will solve it either. Thanks anyway.
User avatar
Archimonde
Super Angel
Posts: 878
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Re: Long time no see.

Post by Archimonde »

Sickandtired wrote: got my deviated septum fixed, adenoid removed and turbinate reduction. Conclusion: BB remained.
One month after that I got my remained lower wisdoms removed.
While we all deserve to be cured, you deserve it a little more than most of us here. All that you've done without getting results is heartbreaking. What do you plan on doing next?
Sickandtired
Junior
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Post by Sickandtired »

@Archimonde your post almost made me cry, I could only wish we all find our way to beat this, and with all my heart I belive we will, no matter how many ups and downs it takes.
Well the next thing is on monday I need to do more blood work and paralel with that my doc sent me to gastroenterologist and there i'll demand for all food intolerances tests (i did alergy test already), and to look everything possible what could be wrong with my digestive system, but i don't know how long it'll take because it's long waiting list for that section in hospital, in the meanwhile if it's long waiting list i'll take care of bile reflux with my gp. If all this fails, next summer i will find a way how and i will visit dr. murat because that's really my last straw.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗