THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
I've found something that has worked for me.
-
peter85040
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:40 pm
I've found something that has worked for me.
I'm 34 y/o and after suffering with bad breath and tonsil stones for 15 years I have finally found something which has been working for the last 8 months. I used to brush my teeth like 5 times a day and started wearing out the enamel on my teeth from brushing so much. Mouthwash didnt work and only gave me minty foul breath. It was awful. Out of desperation i tried one of those oral probiotics and it was miraculous. My bad breath is gone. I tried one of the BLIS K12 products you can buy on amazon. Recently I also tried one of the evoraplus-type products they have at the vitamin shoppe near my house and it worked just as good. I also brush twice a day and floss every morning religiously. In addition I flush my tonsils with water from a pipette every morning. Those other things are helpful, what really matters is that I use the oral probiotic. NOT the probiotics for your stomach or intestines. Anyway I just wanted to share that. I'm not saying I have a cure for everyone but I finally don't have ass-breath anymore and I hope someone on here can find relief like I did.
Oral Probiotic
I used this product and had no results at all.
-
peter85040
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:40 pm
Stankie,
No I haven't. I do however flush my tonsil crypts with a metronidazole solution I make myself every morning(read about metronidazole in some study, but since I can't vouch for it's safety I left that off in the original post). I chew the probiotic and when it dissolves gargle it in my throat and tilt my head back for like 5-10 minutes to try to coat them and flush them with the probiotic.
Vickster, I'm sorry to hear that.
No I haven't. I do however flush my tonsil crypts with a metronidazole solution I make myself every morning(read about metronidazole in some study, but since I can't vouch for it's safety I left that off in the original post). I chew the probiotic and when it dissolves gargle it in my throat and tilt my head back for like 5-10 minutes to try to coat them and flush them with the probiotic.
Vickster, I'm sorry to hear that.
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
I wonder why you dont have a tonsil surgery...peter85040 wrote:Stankie,
No I haven't. I do however flush my tonsil crypts with a metronidazole solution I make myself every morning(read about metronidazole in some study, but since I can't vouch for it's safety I left that off in the original post). I chew the probiotic and when it dissolves gargle it in my throat and tilt my head back for like 5-10 minutes to try to coat them and flush them with the probiotic.
Vickster, I'm sorry to hear that.
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
-
peter85040
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:40 pm
Hi sadmum,
Sorry for delay
The brand I use regularly is NOW foods "BLIS K12 Oral Probiotic" that I buy off amazon.com. It's like $14 for 60 lozenges, pretty cheap. I have had continuous relief for the last 8 months. It has been nothing short of amazing. I also tried "Extraordinary Beauty Probiotic Smile" that I bought at the vitamin shoppe near my house once and it worked well also. They are lozenges and i chew them and hold the liquid in my mouth and gargle it making sure my tonsils are coated for 3-10 minutes. Once in am and once in PM. I can talk to people with confidence and people don't roll the window down in my truck or wince when I talk to them and my fiancee doesn't turn her head the other way. The relief has been complete, as best as I can tell.
Sorry for delay
The brand I use regularly is NOW foods "BLIS K12 Oral Probiotic" that I buy off amazon.com. It's like $14 for 60 lozenges, pretty cheap. I have had continuous relief for the last 8 months. It has been nothing short of amazing. I also tried "Extraordinary Beauty Probiotic Smile" that I bought at the vitamin shoppe near my house once and it worked well also. They are lozenges and i chew them and hold the liquid in my mouth and gargle it making sure my tonsils are coated for 3-10 minutes. Once in am and once in PM. I can talk to people with confidence and people don't roll the window down in my truck or wince when I talk to them and my fiancee doesn't turn her head the other way. The relief has been complete, as best as I can tell.
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
BTW Bliss has been spamming us and have been cought, so a person with low post count and sudden cure should be taken lightly with a grain of saltpeter85040 wrote:Hi sadmum,
Sorry for delay
The brand I use regularly is NOW foods "BLIS K12 Oral Probiotic" that I buy off amazon.com. It's like $14 for 60 lozenges, pretty cheap. I have had continuous relief for the last 8 months. It has been nothing short of amazing. I also tried "Extraordinary Beauty Probiotic Smile" that I bought at the vitamin shoppe near my house once and it worked well also. They are lozenges and i chew them and hold the liquid in my mouth and gargle it making sure my tonsils are coated for 3-10 minutes. Once in am and once in PM. I can talk to people with confidence and people don't roll the window down in my truck or wince when I talk to them and my fiancee doesn't turn her head the other way. The relief has been complete, as best as I can tell.
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
-
who farted?
- Junior
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:06 am
stankie,
can you give us the "recipe" for the formulation you use?
i have used blis K12 lozenges and find it works better while you are using it, but the effects fade right after (for me anyway). i do buy blis k12 gum (expensive at $5 for a pack of 10!) and find that it seems to work while i am chewing it.. but the effects do not last much after.
this is what i have found works to reduce (not eliminate) bb for me.. but it also depends on any given day because for unknown reasons, some days are better than others, and some days, nothing will help at all. one thing is for sure: if i reduce the white coating, it will reduce my bb, even if i still have bb.. but at least it isn't as bad.
- lactoferrin (i take it 3x/day) reduces white coating on tongue
- neti pot with the salt/baking soda solution to flush out my sinuses (i also put xylitol in it since i figure it doesn't hurt to try and break down the biofilm which is what it is supposed to help with, according to some studies.. sometimes i also empty a lactoferrin capsule in it too)
- hydrofloss machine to irrigate under the gum line and between the gums (i also use the special jet tip as it is supposed to reach below the gumline better). i also use it to clean out some of the pockets in the tonsil area (as suggested by the user searching)
- grapefruit seed extract (used in water to rinse & gargle, and also in the hydrofloss machine.. sometimes i also throw in a few drops of oregano oil)
- pepto bismol (bismuth) chewable tablets (if i chew one before bed, i find i often wake up with reduced white coating and my bb is seemingly reduced for a few hours)
keep in mind that the above works only if you also keep diligent oral hygiene as usual - i still brush upon waking and after eating, floss at night, scrape my tongue, and use a chlorhexidine or chlorine dioxide rinse after i brush each time (i used to use smartmouth which is zinc, but it doesn't really work much anymore.. though it used to)
i am certainly not cured but it seems like the bb reduces, which is better than nothing. i think people have to come very close or kiss me to notice any odor (i hope that's the case anyway.. i don't seem to get any reactions.. but i also have been avoiding dating because i'm too anxious about it :/)
can you give us the "recipe" for the formulation you use?
i have used blis K12 lozenges and find it works better while you are using it, but the effects fade right after (for me anyway). i do buy blis k12 gum (expensive at $5 for a pack of 10!) and find that it seems to work while i am chewing it.. but the effects do not last much after.
this is what i have found works to reduce (not eliminate) bb for me.. but it also depends on any given day because for unknown reasons, some days are better than others, and some days, nothing will help at all. one thing is for sure: if i reduce the white coating, it will reduce my bb, even if i still have bb.. but at least it isn't as bad.
- lactoferrin (i take it 3x/day) reduces white coating on tongue
- neti pot with the salt/baking soda solution to flush out my sinuses (i also put xylitol in it since i figure it doesn't hurt to try and break down the biofilm which is what it is supposed to help with, according to some studies.. sometimes i also empty a lactoferrin capsule in it too)
- hydrofloss machine to irrigate under the gum line and between the gums (i also use the special jet tip as it is supposed to reach below the gumline better). i also use it to clean out some of the pockets in the tonsil area (as suggested by the user searching)
- grapefruit seed extract (used in water to rinse & gargle, and also in the hydrofloss machine.. sometimes i also throw in a few drops of oregano oil)
- pepto bismol (bismuth) chewable tablets (if i chew one before bed, i find i often wake up with reduced white coating and my bb is seemingly reduced for a few hours)
keep in mind that the above works only if you also keep diligent oral hygiene as usual - i still brush upon waking and after eating, floss at night, scrape my tongue, and use a chlorhexidine or chlorine dioxide rinse after i brush each time (i used to use smartmouth which is zinc, but it doesn't really work much anymore.. though it used to)
i am certainly not cured but it seems like the bb reduces, which is better than nothing. i think people have to come very close or kiss me to notice any odor (i hope that's the case anyway.. i don't seem to get any reactions.. but i also have been avoiding dating because i'm too anxious about it :/)
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.