THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Antimicrobial benefit of low-pH
searching, you posted about using bismuth before. it did help me a bit (though not much), so i may return to that. what about you?
regarding biofilm, xylitol and lactoferrin have been shown to target it. i take lactoferrin daily (it has reduced my tongue coating, but doesn't do much for my bb.. though i do find if i have less tongue coating, the bb is improved somewhat, so maybe it would be even worse if i wasn't taking it). i have xylitol and have swished and gargled with it, and used to drink it, but i wasn't sure if it was doing much so now i only put a bit in my neti pot to rinse my sinuses with, along with the saline solution.
there are threads in this forum about both.
regarding biofilm, xylitol and lactoferrin have been shown to target it. i take lactoferrin daily (it has reduced my tongue coating, but doesn't do much for my bb.. though i do find if i have less tongue coating, the bb is improved somewhat, so maybe it would be even worse if i wasn't taking it). i have xylitol and have swished and gargled with it, and used to drink it, but i wasn't sure if it was doing much so now i only put a bit in my neti pot to rinse my sinuses with, along with the saline solution.
there are threads in this forum about both.
-
who farted?
- Junior
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:06 am
just an update- ive been using this method for one week now and i see a vast improvement in odour reduction,one aspirin chew 10-15mins then brush with toothpaste as suggested by member -searching,the shit taste smell that as coming from the throat area has gone,salvia stones gone,also reduced odour from salivary glands,infact i dont think ive had as good results since the last time i took antibiotics and that didnt last,thankyou searching for this info at last something that works!,working up to getting my confidence back now thanks again searching 
-
SHITBREATH
- Advanced
- Posts: 107
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:33 pm
- Location: HELL
-
who farted?
- Junior
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:06 am
-
girlie girl
- Advanced
- Posts: 157
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:44 pm
- Location: United States
This is still working for me, but only a few hours and not 100% of bad breath removal. I know that this is a start for me at least and I do get some relief. I wish we would understand why it works. I am still using the baby aspirin because I feel it is better than full strength aspirin and its possible side effects. I tried using alum to see if it would work as well and it didn't...there is something about the aspirin that works so well...anybody else notice this phenomenon?
HI
Anyone who is using ' non-buffered aspirin tablet' can advise me which brand & where did you get it please, i have been searching for one, but couldn't find any.
Thanks
Kite
Anyone who is using ' non-buffered aspirin tablet' can advise me which brand & where did you get it please, i have been searching for one, but couldn't find any.
Thanks
Kite
Last edited by kite on Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
-
who farted?
- Junior
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:06 am
the aspirin stopped working for me the shit at the back of the throat and the salivary gland stones returned,now changed to boron tablet (anti fungal) same routine but i swallow instead of spitting out seems to working shit gone and no stones,i also found the aspirin made me fart alot,in my diet i find the worst for breath odour is-
CHOCOLATE- MILK AND DARK
STOCK CUBES- HAMS THE WORST
CHEESE-ALL TYPES
for me these must be avoided at all costs
CHOCOLATE- MILK AND DARK
STOCK CUBES- HAMS THE WORST
CHEESE-ALL TYPES
for me these must be avoided at all costs
The information below appeared earlier in a post I made to another thread. I'm repeating it here as it fits in this category.
I have a technique that works for me. I do the following.
I brush my teeth with ordinary toothpaste, then floss.
Next fill an oral irrigator, nearly to maximum capacity, i.e. 700 mls., with warm water. Add about 1 teaspoonful to 1 tablespoonful of vinegar, any type, i.e. white, apple cider, etc.. Lemon juice, pulp-free, is a good substitute for vinegar. Mix the contents. Use the oral irrigator at full force, with the jet tip, and walk the tip along the entire gumline where it meets the teeth, both upper and lower teeth, on the tongue side and the cheek sides of the teeth. Aim the irrigator tip toward the tooth roots. You can also use the brush tip and treat gums, tongue, and soft palate. Use the entire solution, i.e. 1 to 2 minutes of irrigation.
This will flush out and inactivate BB causing microorganisms. The result is immediate.
I then rinse with plain water and use a chewable, over-the-counter calcium carbonate antacid tablet or two to neutralize the acidity.
To those with concerns about the effect of acidity on tooth enamel, myself included, please consider that the vinegar concentration in this solution is only 2 to 10 weight% that of [some] salad dressings or pickle juice.
This method strips away biofilm and temporarily alters oral pH which disrupts the BB ecology.
I use no other antimicrobials, apart from that mentioned above. I do this as needed, i.e. once or twice weekly. I have zero plaque. Enamel qualitatively appears okay.
The brief, low pH treatment has worked for me since August 2013.
I have a technique that works for me. I do the following.
I brush my teeth with ordinary toothpaste, then floss.
Next fill an oral irrigator, nearly to maximum capacity, i.e. 700 mls., with warm water. Add about 1 teaspoonful to 1 tablespoonful of vinegar, any type, i.e. white, apple cider, etc.. Lemon juice, pulp-free, is a good substitute for vinegar. Mix the contents. Use the oral irrigator at full force, with the jet tip, and walk the tip along the entire gumline where it meets the teeth, both upper and lower teeth, on the tongue side and the cheek sides of the teeth. Aim the irrigator tip toward the tooth roots. You can also use the brush tip and treat gums, tongue, and soft palate. Use the entire solution, i.e. 1 to 2 minutes of irrigation.
This will flush out and inactivate BB causing microorganisms. The result is immediate.
I then rinse with plain water and use a chewable, over-the-counter calcium carbonate antacid tablet or two to neutralize the acidity.
To those with concerns about the effect of acidity on tooth enamel, myself included, please consider that the vinegar concentration in this solution is only 2 to 10 weight% that of [some] salad dressings or pickle juice.
This method strips away biofilm and temporarily alters oral pH which disrupts the BB ecology.
I use no other antimicrobials, apart from that mentioned above. I do this as needed, i.e. once or twice weekly. I have zero plaque. Enamel qualitatively appears okay.
The brief, low pH treatment has worked for me since August 2013.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Searching, while you experience this improvement, do you notice any other BB related changes, such as less tonsil odour/stones, less morning breath, changes in tongue coating/odour/taste in the mouth?
I seem to recall you mentioning in your previous posts that you are also prone to nasal odours. If this is correct, do you notice changes in this too?
Thanks.
I seem to recall you mentioning in your previous posts that you are also prone to nasal odours. If this is correct, do you notice changes in this too?
Thanks.
I’m now at the point where morning breath is mild and nearly clears itself after waking. My tongue has no discernible coating; however, I brush it lightly each day. It’s pink and appears healthy. Tonsils occasionally have a slight odor in response to the Finklestein finger test; however, the offensive material in the tonsil does not appear to be solid, i.e. not calcified, and is easily pressed out.halitosisux wrote:Searching, while you experience this improvement, do you notice any other BB related changes, such as less tonsil odour/stones, less morning breath, changes in tongue coating/odour/taste in the mouth?
I seem to recall you mentioning in your previous posts that you are also prone to nasal odours. If this is correct, do you notice changes in this too?
Years ago I had occasional nasal congestion and possibly some odor; however, Stage 2 nasal irrigation, with warm water, salt and baking soda solution, cleared the problem and it did not return. I seldom irrigate sinuses now.
This simple, fast, and inexpensive, low pH regimen appears to have solved my BB problem. I can easily manage it now. I’m cautiously optimistic that, for me, there will be no more guessing. No more inching toward the promise of a healthier state that may take weeks or months to reach.
Note: dilute aqueous vinegar solution is [sometimes] used to restore health to feminine areas. Perhaps there is a similar phenomenon going on in [some of] our mouths; and therefore, the same remedy is effective.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.